Twitter: Dallas finalizing deal with DE Everson Griffen

quickccc

Reaction score
He hasn’t really played DT since 2017.

are you talking about him in the sense as a starter .. or nickel rotational DT ?
He's started for an injured Malik Collins, but he's been in the rotation as a nickel rusher.

https://sportdfw.com/2020/03/30/can...rvive-with-tyrone-crawford-and-randy-gregory/

2018 Dallas Cowboys
If you remember back to 2018, Randy Gregory and Tyrone Crawford rotated snaps at RDE. On the season Gregory tallied 457 snaps while Crawford claimed 632 snaps (although some of Craw’s came inside in nickel situations). While both players are a year removed from that season, it can provide a glimpse of what life is like with a Gregory/Crawford duo at RDE.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wow. Wonder if this the end of Gregory in Dallas?

Anywho. Great offseason for this team. New leader, great draft and a very good FA.
I seriously doubt it. Everson Griffin is 32 years old and will be turning 33 in December. He's probably only going to be here 1-2 years, enough time to determine if Randy Gregory will eventually be reinstated by crooked Roger Goodell. Randy Gregory is only 27 years old, just entering his prime and hardly has any wear and tear. You don't give up on such talent this is very fresh and still fairly young.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
tenor.gif
If you gave me the choice of Griffen or Quinn right now I’d take Quinn. Especially with the teams upgrade at DT.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ANAE is flying under the radar. What happens if he is a stud? Who gets less reps and maybe released? I am certain Anae will get major reps. This defense has the makings of a SB team. If healthy, we can do some big damage,

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is funny. They just drafted Hill in the 2nd round 16 months ago. He isn't going anywhere.
SO FUNNY TACO WAS CUT last year. A first round flop. Stands to reason Hill will be on a short leash and needs to gave a perfect camp. He very well could be cut. However, the guy that might be gone is Armstrong.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
ANAE is flying under the radar. What happens if he is a stud? Who gets less reps and maybe released? I am certain Anae will get major reps. This defense has the makings of a SB team. If healthy, we can do some big damage,
Simple; just rotate Lawrence, Griffin, Smith and Anae in that case.
Keep them fresh, dominate in the fourth quarter and in the playoffs.
That formula carried the Giants to two Super Bowls.
Provided all four actually prove to be productive guys.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
McCarthy has said he’s keeping 6 Edge players. Anae will battle Joe Jackson for the 6th spot.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
SO FUNNY TACO WAS CUT last year. A first round flop. Stands to reason Hill will be on a short leash and needs to gave a perfect camp. He very well could be cut. However, the guy that might be gone is Armstrong.
I would be willing to bet Hill won’t make this team. Anyone with All22 would know why. Go watch him. He might be the worst player I’ve ever seen. No balance, no power, no leverage, he gets pancaked on every single play. I’m not exaggerating go watch. He was a pure Rod Marenneli pick and even Rod gave up on him year 1. He has no shot.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Really unexpected but great addition getting Everson Griffen! Plenty of good stuff left in the tank, as I understand it.

I heard on the late night news, a while ago, he was signed to a 1-year deal for 3 million smackers! 6 mil in bonuses.

This really adds some serious bite to a defensive line that seriously needed another pass rushing stud. I'm ecstatic!

Last edited: