Twitter: Dallas finalizing deal with DE Everson Griffen

IAmLegend

Reaction score
LFG.

EfQ-zA8WsAAlVUu

quickccc

Reaction score
There is no need to cut Crawford. Just adds another quality player into the rotation and is a good piece for a multiple front scheme. Griffen just signed for 6 million, they still are under the salary cap.

A 9 million dollar backup ?
that's just unprecedented keeping a guy with that high price that would no longer need
to be even a rotational DE with the likes of Alden, Greogy, Anae already on board.

Nickel DT ? - that's why we drafted Gallimore so high to put him in that role.
and he would cost us little to literally nothing dead cap wise to cut him, ..and with no preseason, and plenty DEs in camp

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You can roll the unused cap to next year. We should at least request he have a pay cut.

Unless you need the money now, it goes comes off the books after the season. They could ask him to take a pay cut, but I don't think they will. Due to the uncertainty of the virus, having a playing like Crawford around could be very valuable as players may get affected within the season.

aria

Reaction score
I can already sniff the Super Bowl, we’re now officially the paper champs 20+ years and counting before the season even starts. I love it...but this time it’s for real!

quickccc

Reaction score
He sucks inside

Crawford is way better inside as a nickel pass rushing DT than what he was at DE.
He's an above average interior rusher, vs being an average edge rusher on the outside.
But he'll also be taking reps and snaps away from rookie Gallimore in rush packages.

He has experience at both 4-3 and 3-4 schemes but at age 31 this year and coming off more complications of double hip surgery, you'd have to wonder if he is on wear and tear toll at this point