Dallas is the youngest playoff team in 31 years

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We have no starters over 30..... in fact the only 2 players over 30 are SLee-32 and LP Ladouceur- 37

CLE is the youngest overall team at 25 and 10 mos...... DAL is second at 26 and 2 mos

The Romo Curse is now over after beating SEA and he is completely off the books..... no more Cabo.... no more Crayton..... no more Catch or No Catch

This team's ceiling is the roof..... and it is all in the hands of the new triplets..... Dak, Zeke and Amari

and don't forget Van Jaylon, Senator Jones, Cheeto and the Hot Boyz

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
That's such an excuse because we've had crazy talented teams multiple times that way underachieved. We had a team with 14 pro bowlers go one and done...don't give me this ****.

Winning a Super Bowl isn’t about having one talented team. It’s about having a consistently talented team over a ten year period. So far, Dak and Romo have exactly the same playoff track record over their first three years as a starter.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
LP at 37 is messing up our young team average..:angry:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Winning a Super Bowl isn’t about having one talented team. It’s about having a consistently talented team over a ten year period. So far, Dak and Romo have exactly the same playoff track record over their first three years as a starter.
Rule #1 is get to the Playoffs
Rule #2 is survive and advance
Rule #3 is eventually dominate the weak teams and get to the 'Ship every year

gmb1

Reaction score
That means none of these guys weren't born in 92, the last time we won a playoff game on the road. :eek:

Ok...some of them were. LOL

joseephuss

Reaction score
That's such an excuse because we've had crazy talented teams multiple times that way underachieved. We had a team with 14 pro bowlers go one and done...don't give me this ****.

If this current squad loses Saturday they will have advanced just as far as that team with 14 pro bowlers. Hopefully they win, but as of yet they have not outdone that 2007 squad. That 2007 team lost to the eventual Superbowl winners that season. I really don't think that is underachieving.

I also don't think that team was as crazy, talented as having 14 pro-bowlers suggests. Several of those pro-bowlers couldn't repeat that level of individual success, which hurt the yearly continuity. Heck, I think that squad had several guys over achieve that regular season. Or they really weren't truly pro-bowl worthy, but got in on popularity. For example, Marion Barber. I liked me some Marion Barber and what he brought to the Cowboys, but he wasn't a pro-bowl running back. He didn't even have a 1000 yards rushing that season and finished 18th in rushing. He finished 22nd in yards from scrimmage.

I think this current squad has a good, strong, young core of players. Something to really continue to build around. A win will do well for their building confidence.

DFWJC

Reaction score
We have no starters over 30..... in fact the only 2 players over 30 are SLee-32 and LP Ladouceur- 37

CLE is the youngest overall team at 25 and 10 mos...... DAL is second at 26 and 2 mos

The Romo Curse is now over after beating SEA and he is completely off the books..... no more Cabo.... no more Crayton..... no more Catch or No Catch

This team's ceiling is the roof..... and it is all in the hands of the new triplets..... Dak, Zeke and Amari

Happy that we have a young team! Real great news now and going forward.

Only a real lowl ife POS would bring Romo into good news like this
Cabo:rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
If this current squad loses Saturday they will have advanced just as far as that team with 14 pro bowlers. Hopefully they win, but as of yet they have not outdone that 2007 squad. That 2007 team lost to the eventual Superbowl winners that season. I really don't think that is underachieving.

I also don't think that team was as crazy, talented as having 14 pro-bowlers suggests. Several of those pro-bowlers couldn't repeat that level of individual success, which hurt the yearly continuity. Heck, I think that squad had several guys over achieve that regular season. Or they really weren't truly pro-bowl worthy, but got in on popularity. For example, Marion Barber. I liked me some Marion Barber and what he brought to the Cowboys, but he wasn't a pro-bowl running back. He didn't even have a 1000 yards rushing that season and finished 18th in rushing. He finished 22nd in yards from scrimmage.

I think this current squad has a good, strong, young core of players. Something to really continue to build around. A win will do well for their building confidence.
Nowhere near it.
Maybe 4-5 true Pro Bowlers but they hype train was so high and they started that year redhot, so anyone with a pulse was getting voted in

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
interesting....this year kinda has a feel of 91 or 92....don't know which one just yet

1991. I still believe some missing piece isn't here yet. It's not Cooper and lord I hope not some old relic like Earl Thomas, but I'm hoping someone comes here next year that just takes us over the top for the offensive side of the ball.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Nowhere near it.
Maybe 4-5 true Pro Bowlers but they hype train was so high and they started that year redhot, so anyone with a pulse was getting voted in

Exactly. Leonard Davis was one of those guys. He parlayed that into 3 pro-bowls once he got some name recognition. He was okay, but he was never one of the best guards in football. Greg Ellis had a career year. He was generally a solid player, but that season he overachieved in the twilight of his career.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score

Romo was the worst thing that happened to this franchise. Dak is our savior

DFWJC

Reaction score
Exactly. Leonard Davis was one of those guys. He parlayed that into 3 pro-bowls once he got some name recognition. He was okay, but he was never one of the best guards in football. Greg Ellis had a career year. He was generally a solid player, but that season he overachieved in the twilight of his career.
Most of them were overhyped.

Marion Barber was 18th in rushing yet the guy madethe pro bowl. 18th

It WAS a very good but aging team though.
But the pro bowl voting went on at mid season and the fans played a huge role. Ken Hamlin, and old Andre Gurode, nick freaking Folk, Saftey Roy Williams was an alternate.....anyone that ever saysall those guys were real pro bowlers that year are misguided or just have an agenda.

Still, Owens, Romo, Ware, Flozell, and maybe Witten were all deserving. Thats 4 or 5 legits

joseephuss

Reaction score
Most of them were overhyped.

Marion Barber was 18th in rushing yet the guy madethe pro bowl. 18th

It WAS a very good but aging team though.
But the pro bowl voting went on at mid season and the fans played a huge role. Ken Hamlin, and old Andre Gurode, nick freaking Folk, Saftey Roy Williams was an alternate.....anyone that ever saysall those guys were real pro bowlers that year are misguided or just have an agenda.

Still, Owens, Romo, Ware, Flozell, and maybe Witten were all deserving. Thats 4 or 5 legits

I agree with all you said. Except the "maybe Witten" part. He was definitely deserving that season. Easily the best tight end in the NFC that year. The other stellar tight ends played in the AFC. He was also named 1st team all-pro that year. He had a tremendous season.