Dallas needs Sean Payton no matter what it costs

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Peyton is the QB. Payton is the Coach. The answer on both is No. Payton is not coming to mess up his legacy with Jerry Dumbo GM Jones. He is a Parcells disciple and friend. Payton is going to listen to Parcells who would tell him stay away from Dallas.
:omg:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The funny thing is these are just men, they are willing to do whatever they want for money. Every coach knows they can become an icon winning in Dallas, Jimmy is in the HOF - TV personality, hell our QB is a megastar on tv that didn't even win jack ****
Not all men are controlled by money. For those of you that are, this may be hard to understand.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
The trade is set up through the league for a HC under contract at 2 1st round picks, which is what St. Lousi paid for Vermeil.

This is a coach that has delivered one ring and made questionable game calls because he is still pass happy.

The only thing that kept the Saints from the cellar was their defense this year. Taysom Hill for a NFL QB? Thinks whom besides Payton?
same Tampa Bay gave for Gruden ,that will most likely have the fans jumping off that bandwagon

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading that Peyton has been noncommittal withe the Saints on their head coaching position for next year.

What would you give up ?

I would do a second round pick.

We need someone who can extract the talent from this offense and Dak.

He has a solid background, and one of the few Coaches Jerry would be comfortable with.

What to you guys/gals think ?

I would do a second round pick in a heart beat. But, we might not have to with rumors circulating about Payton going into broadcasting. I don't blame him. He's got one year left in NO and no QB. I'd jump ship too. My guess is MM gets another year and if he fails again, the stars are aligned for Sean Payton to finally be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys.

Redline360

Reaction score
When will people realize it won't matter who the coach is along as Jerry and Stephen have control.

Would take a miracle for them to step back

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I would do a second round pick in a heart beat. But, we might not have to with rumors circulating about Payton going into broadcasting. I don't blame him. He's got one year left in NO and no QB. I'd jump ship too. My guess is MM gets another year and if he fails again, the stars are aligned for Sean Payton to finally be the HC of the Dallas Cowboys.
Your scenerio is realistic, lets see if it happens...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd give a bag of chips and a used golf ball. He'd still have to overcome our FO and that's an absurd task to handle. :grin:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why? This guy hasn't won anything in 12 years ....... McCarthy has won a SB since then.

Only coach I would trade for would be a young proven guy, a Sean McVay type of guy.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I just can’t believe people are willing to keep the guy that allowed the team to commit 12 penalties in a playoff game. Then had the audacity to tell us well work on it in the off-season.

Idk if anyone noticed the refs weren’t looking to really call a many penalties so far in the playoffs.

The reason I don’t like MM is that it’s established already he’s another puppet. When he signed on and he agreed to keep KM as O coordinator that was solidified. Hard to go back now

RS12

Reaction score
I thought he was doing one of his better coaching jobs in 2021. Before Winston blew his knee out they were 5 and 2 and Winston had only three picks in seven games. Maybe he could come in here and show the current QB how to hit runners in stride. I dont want to give up picks but those who dont think he is an upgrade over useless McCarthy need to put the pipe down.

Zman5

Reaction score
You think the refs are screwing us now. Wait till Payton in our HC. It'll be a double whammy. :lmao:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Interesting.
For a cap-strapped team who already has a coach that has a similar resume...

I would love to see you expand upon why.
Out of respect, of course.
Because I respect you.
Thanks for your kind words
The current offensive brain trust can't seem to get
The potential unlocked from Dak or this offense, so
I was hoping a different approach might work.
Also Payton is one of the few coaches Jerry might trust
So there ya go kind sir.