News: Dallas offensive philosophy refuses to follow the crowd

NotForLong

Reaction score
I’m confused by “Because all though we are not complete what we have is elite“. Please elaborate because a lot teams can say the same exact thing.

I can think of possibly 3 positions/players that are elite. O line, Zeke and Lee when healthy. Until Lawrence puts together two mostly full seasons of what he did last year then I’d hardly call him elite.

So what we have is a bunch of question marks with a few proven elite players sprinkled in.

I was speaking of the Offense. Which is broken down into Rush and Pass well we are the best at Rushing with no equal. the O-line and Zeke are Elite, creame de creame, One of a kind. No one else compares. That's Elite. Combined with a QB that has proven, if Nothning else that he can drive the . What's your gripe.

Defense? There's loads of talent across the lineup . All you can do is call them Question Marks. Well your a pessimist so what. I ain't gonna argue your point if view. I for one I am very optimistic this year. Because although they are young, they are not Dummies and all have shown Nothning but improvement.

So of course I expect and its not so far fetched to believe they will be better across the board.

Oh yeah that one Elite piece you speak of just happens to be the Brains the General

aria

Reaction score
I was speaking of the Offense. Which is broken down into Rush and Pass well we are the best at Rushing with no equal. the O-line and Zeke are Elite, creame de creame, One of a kind. No one else compares. That's Elite. Combined with a QB that has proven, if Nothning else that he can drive the . What's your gripe.

Defense? There's loads of talent across the lineup . All you can do is call them Question Marks. Well your a pessimist so what. I ain't gonna argue your point if view. I for one I am very optimistic this year. Because although they are young, they are not Dummies and all have shown Nothning but improvement.

So of course I expect and its not so far fetched to believe they will be better across the board.

Oh yeah that one Elite piece you speak of just happens to be the Brains the General
Wow! Testy, aren’t we? So sorry to offend you by asking for clarification in a public forum. I can see your feelings are too delicate to carry on any further conversation, you’re not worth the hassle.

Have a great Memorial Day pal :)

NotForLong

Reaction score
Wow! Testy, aren’t we? So sorry to offend you by asking for clarification in a public forum. I can see your feelings are too delicate to carry on any further conversation, you’re not worth the hassle.

Have a great Memorial Day pal :)
I am not touchy at all. I thought it was kind of ridiculous you purport to follow the Cowboys yet you were clueless about the Cowboys running game

aria

Reaction score
I am not touchy at all. I thought it was kind of ridiculous you purport to follow the Cowboys yet you were clueless about the Cowboys running game
Clueless?! Did I not say Zeke and the O line were 2 of the 3 players/positions that I thought were elite?

Either lay off the pipe dude or pass it over here.

aria

Reaction score
I assume that means you either didn’t read what I originally said, you have a problem with reading comprehension or you mistook what I said for what someone else said because there’s no there’s no other logical explanation for your last comment.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Pete Carroll no longer carries any cred he use to have. He's become more of a puppet these days. He use to be the heart beat of the team..but has lost his luster. The true heartbeat of the team was Kris Richard and Richard Sherman...and together with ET...made one helluva team. Russell Wilson will never be in another SB with the team they now have..void of playmakers defensively. Russell is good..but just a good bus driver. That D made Russ and coach Carroll what they were. Without Richard, we shall see what Carroll is.

Seattle's D made Carroll what he is? I think Carroll made that D, and Richard, what they were. I think Carroll made Richard. Richard played for Carroll at USC. Became a graduate assistant at USC under Carroll. And went to the Seahawks as an asst. DB coach with Carroll and worked his way up to DC. Richard became DC in 2015 (after their D was already built). Carroll spent all of his coaching years on the D side of the ball before becoming a HC.

Dan Quin and Gus Bradley had more to do with shaping that D than what Richard did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle's D made Carroll what he is? I think Carroll made that D, and Richard, what they were. I think Carroll made Richard. Richard played for Carroll at USC. Became a graduate assistant at USC under Carroll. And went to the Seahawks as an asst. DB coach with Carroll and worked his way up to DC. Richard became DC in 2015 (after their D was already built). Carroll spent all of his coaching years on the D side of the ball before becoming a HC.

Dan Quin and Gus Bradley had more to do with shaping that D than what Richard did.
DUNNO BOUT THAT. The legion of boom was pretty much Kris Richards doing.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I assume that means you either didn’t read what I originally said, you have a problem with reading comprehension or you mistook what I said for what someone else said because there’s no there’s no other logical explanation for your last comment.
:huh:

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
Lets see how you feel about ole Pete later in the season.

The other side of that coin, and there's always another side, is that you might want to see how you feel about Richard later in the season. This is the first time since he played for Carroll at USC that he won't have Carroll to lean on.

What their D does this year has nothing to do with whether or not Carroll made Richard or Richard made Carroll and Seattle's D. Carroll made that D while Richard was still wearing training pants. Richard was a player, a graduate asst., an asst. DB coach, etc. etc under Carroll.

Don't have any feelings about Ole Pete one way or the other. I don't expect their D to be on par with the last 5 years. But not because Richard isn't there. Richard being in Seattle wouldn't make their D any better than what they'll be this year.

My understanding is that DC is just a title in Seattle, and that Carroll runs the D.

ESisback

Reaction score
DUNNO BOUT THAT. The legion of boom was pretty much Kris Richards doing.
But see, PhillySpecial would of course say Richard’s impact won’t be much. Wishful thinking. Of course, had Richard joined Philly, he’d be the new guru for Dallas to fear!

PhillySpecial

Reaction score
But see, PhillySpecial would of course say Richard’s impact won’t be much. Wishful thinking. Of course, had Richard joined Philly, he’d be the new guru for Dallas to fear!

Not true ESisback. I'd still have a wait and see approach. For the very reasons I listed. And I didn't say Richard's impact wouldn't be much. I said the other side of coin has to be considered.

PhillySpecial

Reaction score

I didn't mean for my posts to come off as an indictment against Richard. I was just disagreeing with what Rayman70 said in post #64. This is the quote: "That D made Russ and coach Carroll what they were. Without Richard, we shall see what Carroll is. "

Was Richard such a great player at USC that he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great graduate asst. the he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great asst. DB coach he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great DB coach that he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.

What do you think? Do you think it's more likely that Richard + Sherman made Carroll? Or
Do you think it's more likely that Carroll made Richard?

Last edited:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Got a legit question: why did Seattle let Kris Richards go if he's so dang good.

I'm curious

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being different without success is pointless. Not sure the younger fans can see this perspective, but Jerry has been trying to recreate the 90's cowboys for the past 20+ years. Thats what he knows and thats what garret knows. This is why Jerry loves garret and keeps him as a HC in spite of his record.. They both lived through the glory years of the Jones era and have the same "vision".

The problem is that the 91- 95' Cowboys cannot be recreated in this era. There isn't enough cap room to keep that much talent on one team. But, thats been the overall strategy. Recreate the triplets and dominate with a strong OL. We need a new idea.

ESisback

Reaction score
I didn't mean for my posts to come off as an indictment against Richard. I was just disagreeing with what Rayman70 said in post #64. This is the quote: "That D made Russ and coach Carroll what they were. Without Richard, we shall see what Carroll is. "

Was Richard such a great player at USC that he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great graduate asst. the he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great asst. DB coach he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.
Was Richard such a great DB coach that he made Carroll? Unlikely. But possible.

What do you think? Do you think it's more likely that Richard + Sherman made Carroll? Or
Do you think it's more likely that Carroll made Richard?
I think Richard is a really good coach. So’s Carroll, and Sherman’s a really good player. Combined, they’re a force.