News: Dallas offensive philosophy refuses to follow the crowd

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
See, I’m always suspicious of coaches whose career accolades hang on coaching historically talented groups of players.
I wonder was it a personality conflict or maybe Sherman got hurt and Chancellor is kinda hurt too so his secondary isn't looking as great. Or did he want new scenery. Tired of the rain in Seattle?
Perhaps more opportunity for advancement here? I'm really curious

Dre11

Reaction score

Some interesting facts are
  • No team has won the Super Bowl with the leas8mg rusher in 20 years
  • The 1998 Broncos were the last to do it

Except they got it wrong, the real idea is to be a balanced attack....lol

DiResta

Reaction score
it would seem if you look at the past much of Seattles defensive success is a result of Pete Carroll and the guys he brought in to run it, all of which have moved on to other teams
it goes back to Kiffin as i said before he was Carrolls mentor and DC in college
Marinelli also has his ties to him from Tampa days and is a close friend of his
they run the same defense
Richard i am not as sold on as many in a move to DC but as a position coach, i love his energy and attention to detail (from what we have seen so far)
somebody took those guys in Seattle and saw a vision for them
late picks and converted receiver they coached them and built a coverage perfectly suited to their individual strengths creating superstars

that is what i think you have to hope for in Richard because if he cant get these young talented guys competing at a high level then why would it improve if he steps up to DC and passes them off to another coach?
secondary is supposed to be his thing
i like what i see and his philosophy makes sense, Byron for example is a incredible athlete, very intelligent and just wasted compared to what you would like to see so Richard let me see you turn this guys career around
take these studs like Chido and make them threats to a offense
develop 1 of these young safeties

then we talk about him being the chosen one

jrumann59

Reaction score
In theory it’s a good idea. Defenses are trending smaller to deal with 3-4 wide offenses. That should be susceptible to a dominant run game
True but so many teams are quick striking and the ground and pound just takes possessions away from your team.

DiResta

Reaction score
True but so many teams are quick striking and the ground and pound just takes possessions away from your team.
if your defense isnt a sieve then they cant strike at will
and it isnt as critical to hold the ball 40 minutes trying to hide your defense
it works both ways

ideally you grind a teams defense into exhaustion and then your defense comes in and takes the ball straight away
the other teams defense realizes they have to go right back into the grinder

this is how Chicagos defense and all of Roethlisbergers, Flacos, Elis, defenses helped make them contenders
Chicagos defense combined with Devin Hester on ST could win games without a offense
it would be kinda nice to have a balanced team again
in 2009 that was the last time Dallas had a really balanced team
Romo was in his prime and Wades defense with DWare was able to just break into the top 10
that was the year they shut out the Eagles and then beat that *** in again in the wildcard
good times
and that roster wasnt anything really special outside of a couple of very good players

erod

Reaction score
They're going full Mississippi State RPO passing attack to compliment a bruising running game.

That's the idea.

jrumann59

Reaction score
They're going full Mississippi State RPO passing attack to compliment a bruising running game.

That's the idea.
so while Linehan is calling plays

3bd89a0.jpg

The other teams DC is doing this

coach-red-beaulieu.jpg