Dallas should rescind the franchise tag and let Dak walk

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by leeblair, Apr 23, 2020.

1. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,889 Messages
    2,071 Likes Received
    If you notice I said "Some of these "Cowboys fans" have become obsessed with what is now known as Dak-hate". If you're not one of the obsessed dudes posting new anti-Dak threads multiple times per day then congrats you're not who I'm referring to. The problem you just created for yourself is you think Dak should be paid less than Jacoby Brisset, Derek Carr, Matt Stafford, Ryan Tannehill, Jared Goff and Jimmy G to name a few which is mind boggling to say the least.

:huh:

2. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

22,684 Messages
    43,701 Likes Received
    The problem with that plan is the Cowboys are the party looking for a longer contract. The last thing they want is him playing on the tag.

He's not holding out, by the way. They have until July 15th to either work out an extension or sign the tender. We may not like it from a new coach standpoint, but it is what it is.

3. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

34,553 Messages
    13,672 Likes Received
    The anonymity of an online post board brings out the immaturity, stupidity and ignorance in adults. They don’t take this seriously they’re just here to talk smack and have fun.

CowboysFaninHouston likes this.
  4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,737 Messages
    46,087 Likes Received
    Yep, it is. However, the position of Dallas Cowboys QB is the single most image conscious position in the NFL. If this was not a situation with a new HC and a new offense, it might be viewed as different but that's not the case. He will don a black hat if he doesn't show up at the right time for 31.5M and they're such weak negotiators that they play into the agents' camp and lose any leverage.

And while we're all happy about that first pick, what message did that send to the tagged QB? Look what we did to help you, not necessarily the team, but you and your stats. I can argue they made the passing offense better but what does that accomplish? It was already a top 2 passing offense.

The agent knows what every agent knows that deals with the Cowboys and a star player, bide their time, wait it out because they will crater, they always do. And they will this time too.

5. MyFairLady

MyFairLady Well-Known Member

1,628 Messages
    1,748 Likes Received
    Very well stated. This says all you need to know about the situation.

6. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG "Dak 666" Zone Supporter

10,064 Messages
    14,864 Likes Received

7. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,572 Messages
    3,267 Likes Received
    Dak’s still got the exact flaws he had in college. It’s not going to change. What you see is what you get. The problem on this board is the homers can’t see it. They’re blinded by those fantasy-garbage time numbers.

Vandyr, starcity214 and PAPPYDOG like this.
  8. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    love it

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Let’s face it. Until the Cowboys win a Super Bowl and Dak is the Super Bowl MVP there will be people hating on him.

To be perfectly honest, he would like have to do it twice

And screw it, let’s be completely and utterly honest. He would likely need to do it three times in a row, with NFC Championship losses bookending it where despite him going for 400 yds, 4 TDS and 0 picks, the defense collapsed and gave up 600 yards of opposing offense and 40+ points.

Maybe, just maybe, 99% of his detractors would come around.

There’s always that 1% who are filled with hate in their heart who will never support him.

10. Kwyn

Kwyn Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    1,518 Likes Received
    Whoah - the guy May be a troll but no need to go full blown personal Nuclear Armageddon on him

11. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Well-Known Member

1,516 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Well he’s not going anywhere. So what do we do now?

12. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

14,227 Messages
    6,375 Likes Received
    the guy needs help. I am trying to help him. he has a had hard life. want to make sure he knows we understand and as cowboys Fanzone family willing to help out...trolling is not a way to go through life for a guy in his late 50's....there is no maturity in his actions and that screams for help

13. ThemDangMartians

ThemDangMartians Well-Known Member

2,613 Messages
    5,634 Likes Received

Pffffftttttt!....I'm glad you're not in charge...lol!!!!:thumbdown:

14. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,737 Messages
    46,087 Likes Received
    There are inherent reasons that I will not address here that a certain % isn't going to like him regardless of what he does.

Kwyn likes this.
  15. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,449 Messages
    17,993 Likes Received
    Dak definitely has things to work on, but this ongoing narrative that he was 2nd in the NFL in passing yards, and 4th in passing TDs based entirely on "garbage time" is garbage in itself. There were some games like that, just as early in the year there were some games they pulled back on the passing game to run the clock on the ground. There were also very competitive games where Dak put up big numbers. There was a mix of different types of games.

Besides, it's not as if other QBs don't get credit for their garbage time too.

16. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

3,744 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    I'd say sometimes a drink or two helps get through some of the stuff!

17. Cowboy Lover

3,744 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Oh you beat me to it coach!

18. Cowboy Lover

3,744 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received

Hmmm....I'd say that is a pretty big assumption...and dangerous ground. False accusations are worse than the accusation.

Vandyr likes this.
  19. Cowboy Lover

3,744 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received

This about sums it up....and 80% of the people spend way too much time with only one side or the other.

(Okay...I made that stat up in my head :cool:....but you know what I mean!)

20. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

21,449 Messages
    17,993 Likes Received
    That's the problem in a nutshell with a lot of the posting - too many only allow themselves to see one side or the other, and truth almost always lies somewhere in the middle. Some allow themselves to only see the extremes of whatever side they are on.

Typhus and Cowboy Lover like this.