Twitter: Dallas unlikely to retain Byron Jones

BigTx66

Reaction score
I have never seen a whole group of DBs that just have no ball skills at all and have no idea where the ball is when its in the air. Is it coaching or the players? I think it is both.

But all our DBs are so bad, the QB has his pick of the litter. If QBs wanted to start keying on Jones, they could torch him. But they just take the easiest play. So Jones might be the least horrible but that does not mean he's good. Every time I see the ball goes to Jones, he is trailing the receiver and has no position to make a play. And has no idea where the ball is.

You are so right. Jones has NEVER shown the ability to play the pass, and this year is no different. He's great at following his receiver across the field and being just close enough to possibly tackle him after catch....but not to break up the pass. Overall, the Dallas Dbacks are abysmal and continue a tradition of mediocrity into the next decade. Great job, PT Barnum (Jones).....overhyped and undertalented players....real class.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The problem with re-signing Jones is that he will want to get paid like a top cb that gets interceptions.