Damien Wilson's contract details

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not big money, but I wouldn't want to have seen the team pay that for a role player you would honestly look to upgrade. I'd rather give another linebacker a shot, whether than be an in-house candidate like Chris Covington or someone in the draft or undrafted free agent. I don't think Wilson brought anything that's difficult to replace.

LittleD

Reaction score
Wilson wanted a chance to be a full time player.

The SLB only played 15 to 30 percent of the snaps in Dallas.

Perfect scenario for Sean Lee. Maybe he can stay healthy and play coach the rest of the time.

condoin125

Reaction score
I would have probably preferred to keep him at that rate but I think I like him a bit more than most here.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lee would play WLB in 3 LB sets with VE or JS playing SLB.

Lee needs to play some snaps to stay ready physically. The 15 to 30 percent of snaps where they use 3 LBs is just right.

They drafted Covington for the SLB role.

March-Lillard was the Star of the undrafted type players in the pre-season; although like Lee he would likely play WLB.

Joe Thomas is a solid NFL LB. He's similar to Hitchens IMO.

LB is the deepest position on the team.

The only other deep position is OG/OC assuming Frederick is good to go.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lee would play WLB in 3 LB sets with VE or JS playing SLB.

Lee needs to play some snaps to stay ready physically. The 15 to 30 percent of snaps where they use 3 LBs is just right.

They drafted Covington for the SLB role.

March-Lillard was the Star of the undrafted type players in the pre-season; although like Lee he would likely play WLB.

Joe Thomas is a solid NFL LB. He's similar to Hitchens IMO.

LB is the deepest position on the team.

The only other deep position is OG/OC assuming Frederick is good to go.
I am thinking or hoping that Williams has packed on some mass this offseason. And resigning our regular backups was smart. I think a solid backup through FA (which likely won’t happen) or draft would be smart. With Fredbeard back it leaves a solid player in Looney to sub. I just want to find someone to sub in for Tyron. If it’s a blowout or a comfy lead then I want him off the field. He gets the Romo treatment during the week from now on.