Damien Wilson's contract details

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Well, from this data on Wilson (and backed up by Hitchens), two things stick out:
a) the Cowboys draft team can recognize talented LBs even later in the draft
b) the Cowboys LB coaches can develop the LBs

Hitchens is a solid LB, nothing special though. I suspect Wilson to be the same.

Looking forward to seeing what LB Covington can do. I think he will be better than Wilson and perhaps as good as Hitchens.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Lee would play WLB in 3 LB sets with VE or JS playing SLB.

Lee needs to play some snaps to stay ready physically. The 15 to 30 percent of snaps where they use 3 LBs is just right.

They drafted Covington for the SLB role.

March-Lillard was the Star of the undrafted type players in the pre-season; although like Lee he would likely play WLB.

Joe Thomas is a solid NFL LB. He's similar to Hitchens IMO.

LB is the deepest position on the team.

The only other deep position is OG/OC assuming Frederick is good to go.
I like JSmith as SAM in the base even though he is best at pursuit

He can put his pass rushing skills to use next to DLaw and can handle the TEs better than DWilson

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sean has to stay healthy and that’s not likely. I think we’ll draft another LB.
We have enough to cover the spot if or when Lee goes down. Lillard played pretty well. We are deep at quality LB. it’s D-Line I worry about.

Pants

Reaction score
you guys calling Hitch a JAG are nuts - he was a very good player for us, I wish him the best - KC payed A LOT for him, so I have no issues with him or Wilson getting their money...Wilson isn't bad, but Hitch is pretty good

glimmerman

Reaction score
you guys calling Hitch a JAG are nuts - he was a very good player for us, I wish him the best - KC payed A LOT for him, so I have no issues with him or Wilson getting their money...Wilson isn't bad, but Hitch is pretty good
He was a underrated player. We just had the luxury of replacing him with LVE. Big step up. If we didn’t have him and Jaylon we would have seen a drop off of production there. Lucky us...

Pants

Reaction score
He was a underrated player. We just had the luxury of replacing him with LVE. Big step up. If we didn’t have him and Jaylon we would have seen a drop off of production there. Lucky us...
I will give you underrated, but this board made it out like he was garbage, likely because their feelings are bruised that he left? I dunno...but, perhaps his departure forced the hand of Dallas so that they took LVE in the first round? If so, thumbs up!

glimmerman

Reaction score
I will give you underrated, but this board made it out like he was garbage, likely because their feelings are bruised that he left? I dunno...but, perhaps his departure forced the hand of Dallas so that they took LVE in the first round? If so, thumbs up!
It’s like us losing beasley. That’s gonna hurt. Some are acting like it’s no biggie he only averages 3 catches a game, but those catches were big and Dak was comfortable with him. Not going to just replace that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
DWilson can't cover.

Totally slow and has a built in "trail technique" vs TEs and the slot.

Probably the reason we played so much 4-2-5.