1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Twitter: Damone Clark Update

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, Sep 29, 2022.

1. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,242 Messages
    15,223 Likes Received

beware_d-ware, 817Gill and Bullflop like this.
  2. TheMarathonContinues

TheMarathonContinues Well-Known Member

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    It’s hard to call it dumb though when the defense as a unit is playing so well. I don’t see the problem which vet do you have a issue with?

BAT likes this.
  3. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

10,045 Messages
    11,223 Likes Received
    I don’t understand the complaint about Barr. He is the reason why the Cowboys have been able to pass rush Parsons more this season. Barr missed a few tackles on Barkley Monday now he is a bust. Cox is developing and coming back from a major injury. I think Cox is more of a replacement for LVE then Barr. It’s a long season I bet Cox and Clark (if cleared) will get their chances.

4. TheMarathonContinues

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    Yeah I don’t get it either because like what Barr has to offer. Nice solid veteran signing. Not sure what Barr they were expecting but I suspect a lot of them aren’t aware of who he is.

817Gill, stilltheguru and baltcowboy like this.
  5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    Anthony Barr. He has missed tackles that have gone for big gains and even a TD, plus several fouls, including a personal foul for hitting a defenseless QB as he was sliding. All this time, Quinn keeps the much younger, faster and aggressive Jabril Cox either inactive or standing on the sidelines.

The same goes for watching Jourdan Lewis get burned at times while watching the faster/quicker/bigger DaRon Bland watching from the sidelines.

6. America's Cowboy

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    You mean who Barr was, because he has made some costly decisions for the Cowboys in recent games.

7. America's Cowboy

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    My original comment wasn't approved, so I will reword it...

This is a writer who made some very questionable and personal accusations against other national reporters and a major news network in recent years. But one is supposed to believe his Cowboys related opinion? Pfft.

BAT likes this.
  8. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

4,104 Messages
    4,307 Likes Received
    Cox was a fourth round draft pick coming off a serious injury. He has done nothing in the NFL. He certainly not going to blow up any guards.

BAT likes this.
  9. Cumart21

Cumart21 Well-Known Member

702 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    He's playing Ok if you like your MLB making tackles 5 yards down field. He's been solid at best. Below average athletically and physically. We can do better and hopefully Clark is it next year.

TequilaCowboy, BAT and Bullflop like this.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

23,279 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    It's entirely possible that Anthony Barr needs time to get his game back, after the layoff that he's had before joining this team. He's done some very good things and yes, some mistakes have happened along the way. I think his presence has, for the most part, been helpful. Let's appreciate that for what it is, and give him due time to get his feet under him in a new system before giving up on him. Give him time to shake off the rust. It's very early yet.

BAT and Typhus like this.
  11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

19,242 Messages
    15,223 Likes Received
    But you also have questionable takes.

Farniok over Peters?

Cox over Barr?

Just because you disagree with the majority does not mean you are not knowledgeable.

Not a Watkins fan either but he does have his sources.

Bullflop likes this.
  12. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

23,279 Messages
    28,681 Likes Received
    I'm hopeful that this staff sees fit to act on the side of caution with Damone Clark's return to action. He's in the process of attempting to overcome such an extremely serious back condition that takes lots of time to heal. His back will be repaired with a rod that attaches to the disks to support his spine in a very stable manner. I expect how he may or may not be suited to return very far ahead of schedule. I truly hope the team doctors give him adequate time to get back to the very best version of himself. This complex repair is surely nothing to take for granted.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  13. TheMarathonContinues

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    Lewis and Barr have both been solid though. I wouldn’t mess with the defense they seem to be getting better by the week.

BAT and 817Gill like this.
  14. TheMarathonContinues

57,789 Messages
    51,998 Likes Received
    How costly were they though if the defense been on point?

BAT likes this.
  15. America's Cowboy

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    I played the game well enough to trust my instincts which usually get proven correct in time. I definitely will take my instincts over any writer's.

BAT likes this.
  16. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

11,250 Messages
    8,861 Likes Received
    Stop lying. He has 1 foul not several smh

17. America's Cowboy

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    How many times has Barr blown up any Guards? 1 time maybe? How do you know Cox can't do it if he's not given the chance to play? Plus, isn't Barr coming off a serious knee injury himself suffered last year with the Vikings?

https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/anthony-barr/6940

18. America's Cowboy

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    23,624 Messages
    35,133 Likes Received
    Barr has committed several fouls. YOU stop lying.

19. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

11,250 Messages
    8,861 Likes Received
    Besides the one you keep referencing which most fans don't care about (it wasn't at a critical point and sometimes you need to send a message) which other "foul"?

20. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

8,375 Messages
    15,336 Likes Received
    He’s not a reasonable poster in terms of agenda. Sometimes good content but he locks on to a few guys he’s decided he doesn’t like/locks on to a few plays and campaigns against the guy.

He’s obsessed with the Burrow penalty and the missed tackle on the Saquon run. One notable penalty and a missed tackle versus an extremely talented player. Now he’s a bum and the coaches are favoring him lol. Duron Bland over Lewis when our secondary has been as good as it has is agenda driven.