Twitter: Dan Campbell is Available!

ICP

Reaction score
Nahhhh, why hire Dan Campbell when you can promote Kellen Moore!! (Really wish we had a vomiting emoji)

_sturt_

Reaction score
Why do people continue to imagine that Payton would leave a year before Brees' contract is done? I don't get it, I really don't.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Why do people continue to imagine that Payton would leave a year before Brees' contract is done? I don't get it, I really don't.

Why do people continue to imagine Jerry will fire Garrett, let alone hire someone who isn't a puppet?

Jerry made that mistake before. He's so afraid we'll win a Super Bowl and the HC gets credit again. Can't have that.

SSoup

Reaction score
Dallas fans: Don't hire dude just 'cause he's worked with us and we're comfortable with him. Moore has no experience calling plays. No!

Also Dallas fans: Ooh, Dan Campbell is available? Yes please!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do people continue to imagine Jerry will fire Garrett, let alone hire someone who isn't a puppet?

Jerry made that mistake before. He's so afraid we'll win a Super Bowl and the HC gets credit again. Can't have that.

:facepalm:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Because the move is more likely to happen, if the other is already true. Head Coaches like taking their staff with them.

I apologize... but...

giphy.gif

....you're aware that Campbell and Garrett are good friends. Right?

It would only mean that Garrett is bringing in his good friend.

Hard to convince anyone that Payton's going to leave NO when Brees still has another year on his contract.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I apologize... but...

giphy.gif

....you're aware that Campbell and Garrett are good friends. Right?

It would only mean that Garrett is bringing in his good friend.

Hard to convince anyone that Payton's going to leave NO when Brees still has another year on his contract.

Still it is pretty strange that one moment Garrett says the OC job is here is safe and the next moment Jerry fires him. Garrett looks like even more of a puppet, and that job security doesn't look as secure as it once did. But even :) if Jerry gives Garrett/dak one more chance and brings in a guy who payton is used to working with, just in case those two guys don't work out, and then brings in Payton for 2020 and with the option to draft a QB, I am fine with that too.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Actually, Garrett had a radio interview, and said he didn't expect any changes.

In his presser early that same afternoon, he walked that back, saying that his meeting with the Joneses (and presumably Will McClay) was taking place later that afternoon, and that's when those conversations would be had.

Jerry, meanwhile, had said that you never know who might become available in the next couple of weeks.

Garrett, Jerry and Stephen all have said that they make decisions by consensus. It's not hard to believe that, especially in recent years since Jerry's evidently been out-voted on occasion, most notably the decision to draft an OG out of Notre Dame instead of a QB out of TAMU.

Having said that.... Campbell has himself been interviewed multiple times for HC jobs already this off-season. It is altogether plausible that Campbell could get consideration if Garrett falls on his face next season. But don't blow any more bubbles... Jason's seat in the situation room is more like a throne. It would take epic failure, imo, for him to be forced out.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
It actually does. Benson was the SOLE owner of the team. Staying in the family doesn't disqualify an ownership clause.

We have no idea what the ownership structure is. It would, in fact, be surprising (for tax reasons, among others) if Benson didn’t hold his interest in the club through a corporation. If he did, his passing and change of ownership of the corporation may or may not constitute a change in control or ownership of the Saints (depending on the specific wording of the clause).

Prime21

Reaction score
Unless we are getting Sean Payton we should just stay the course for one more year.

Give Moore a year to prove he is the next wunderkind. If not the team most likely is bad and we can clean house.