Dan Patrick on the Cowboys: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Even Patrick's crew was asking why the Dallas media doesn't call out Jerry and Garrett. I've seen many posters here asking and wondering the very same. What a mess. And every morning when I wake up, it takes all of 10-20 minutes (I've gotten better the last week) before it strikes me that our suffering is for naught, that we pissed away a high first round pick. The whole rest of this season is gonna be one long Groundhog's Day.
The Dallas media WILL ask that question and Jerry will just give a BS answer. He'll even become combative about it if he's asked about it too much.

bodi

Reaction score
I don't know how Jerry can excuse all this negativty

Tell me how

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Let him. I want him uncomfortable. Don't care how he feels anymore. We have to suffer then he should too.
He's been that way a couple times the past year. It's not that the dallas media doesn't ask the hard questions. You're just going to get a lot of Jerry-speak. Jerry needs fans to stop showing up to get his attention. I purposely haven't bought any new Cowboys merchandise/gear for the 2nd year in a row.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
In a capped league, what you need is a GM who gets value for the dollar. As owner, I think Stephen will demand that, but I don't see a Stephen led Cowboys being one of the low spending franchises.
Stephen will be cheap in free agency this will not change even if it is warranted to spend to improve the team.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The Dallas media WILL ask that question and Jerry will just give a BS answer. He'll even become combative about it if he's asked about it too much.
I think the media will eventually, but I haven't seen them really asking Jerry the hard questions. Demanding answers about two decades plus of abject failure as an exec/GM. We certainly aren't seeing media go at Jerry the way that hoss Macmahon did on page one. Jerry was squirming and completely uncomfortable during the last ~20 seconds of the clip. Jerry became vulnerable for a brief moment. And I don't think he particularly enjoyed that. Maybe if he's confronted more and more about his ineptitude, the questions will start to resonate in his soul? Probably not... but I think that's far more likely than some mass boycott targeted at Jerry's wallet. There's too many fans that will buy the ticket from the person that decides to boycott.

In Dallas, we're lucky if we get a tweet or two from the local media being critical of Jerry. Which is a step in the right direction, I suppose. JG and Dak are getting chirped at a little bit by Dallas media. But Jerry, hardly. And Stephen is the mastermind-in-waiting, prodigal son who can do no wrong: When Jerry steps down, Stephen will fix everything. He's already taken over most of the day-to-day dealings of the org! He's the real brains behind the Cowboys -105.3 The Fan

It would be funny if it weren't so depressing.

With all of that said, Jerry and Co are getting eviscerated by the nat'l media. And that's nice. Hopefully it gets louder and louder and closer to home, to the point they can no longer avoid it, with reporters breathing down their neck..

The real answer is probably more like: Jerry's been scrutinized by the nat'l media before. What's it to him again. They're far away in their cushy NY/LA studios, anyways. And Dallas media wont rock the boat other than maybe some rando reporter here and there. Status quo until at least Jerry's passing. Also, we need something to happen in Stephen's life, a "come to Jesus" moment where he realizes how out of his depth he is running a $6B NFL team. But that won't happen and Stephen will be the Guy for the next 30 years. Idk..

Last edited:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I have pretty much seen every reporter local and national go after JJ. To the extent of what McMahon said to his face probably not. But the local media has never held back on ripping on JJ since he arrived back in 89. Even the guys who cover the team for the mothership question everything the FO and coaches do, in which they should.
Oh, look. Someone with an accurate memory, finally.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
What do you think Jerry would say if asked whether the fans deserve better? Jerry will fill you full of BS to your face, but privately says ' <bad word> the fans '.
Get him sloshed, and he'll tell you what he thinks of the fans.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It’s almost as if Jerry Jones dismisses coaching the way he dismissed taking olineman in the first round all those years.

You want an example of how important coaches are. Look no further than tomorrow’s opponent. Lost his starting qb and left tackle end of last year and Doug Peterson coached his team to a SB.

Shane612

Reaction score
I lost all hope when Bill Parcells left.
I knew then that he was the last real football mind the cowboys will have for a long long long time.
Or until Jerry is no longer in control.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think the media will eventually, but I haven't seen them really asking Jerry the hard questions. Demanding answers about two decades plus of abject failure as an exec/GM. We certainly aren't seeing media go at Jerry the way that hoss Macmahon did on page one. Jerry was squirming and completely uncomfortable during the last ~20 seconds of the clip. Jerry became vulnerable for a brief moment. And I don't think he particularly enjoyed that. Maybe if he's confronted more and more about his ineptitude, the questions will start to resonate in his soul? Probably not... but I think that's far more likely than some mass boycott targeted at Jerry's wallet. There's too many fans that will buy the ticket from the person that decides to boycott.

In Dallas, we're lucky if we get a tweet or two from the local media being critical of Jerry. Which is a step in the right direction, I suppose. JG and Dak are getting chirped at a little bit by Dallas media. But Jerry, hardly. And Stephen is the mastermind-in-waiting, prodigal son who can do no wrong: When Jerry steps down, Stephen will fix everything. He's already taken over most of the day-to-day dealings of the org! He's the real brains behind the Cowboys -105.3 The Fan

It would be funny if it weren't so depressing.

With all of that said, Jerry and Co are getting eviscerated by the nat'l media. And that's nice. Hopefully it gets louder and louder and closer to home, to the point they can no longer avoid it, with reporters breathing down their neck..

The real answer is probably more like: Jerry's been scrutinized by the nat'l media before. What's it to him again. They're far away in their cushy NY/LA studios, anyways. And Dallas media wont rock the boat other than maybe some rando reporter here and there. Status quo until at least Jerry's passing. Also, we need something to happen in Stephen's life, a "come to Jesus" moment where he realizes how out of his depth he is running a $6B NFL team. But that won't happen and Stephen will be the Guy for the next 30 years. Idk..

I hate Stephen A Smith, but I've been loving him yelling his *** off for Garrett's head.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Stephen will be cheap in free agency this will not change even if it is warranted to spend to improve the team.

I generally like cheap in free agency. The worst values is found in the top end of free agency.

Build through the draft. Fill holes with free agency.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
- Jerrah: we've won 3 superbowls with me being gm ... so ...

- Tim Macmahon : yeah , you've also won 1 playoff in 15 years , what makes you think you are capable of still being GM?

Jerry's face turned red ...

We need more reporters like Tim Macmahon . Asking the tough questions . :bow:
that wont work , jerry will just ban them and not go near them or talk to them anymore.
Most media outlets local ones, are not going to antagonize the local billionaires.

If you went to a presser after a game and asked a tough question, they would identify you and you would never
get in another one.
Thats why jones boys have their radio show, they can control the questions, and say what they want to say and avoid
any real questions.
This way they can talk which they like doing, in a protected setting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all made our own bed with Jerry. We had an opportunity to reject him years and decades ago but we didn’t. Well, some of us did. But not most.

It’s too late now . Once the new stadium was built, season tickets and PSL committed, game over.

Jerry’s brilliant revenue streams placed him in position to not need all of our support to continue his ways. You know the contributions to the league he was inducted in the HOF for.

Our fan base is so predictable. We go thru this whiny exhibit over Jerry every time we hit a tough stretch but as soon as we win the division or make the playoffs hope will be restored . We’ll claim he’s stepping more away giving more control to Stephen, etc.