Dan Patrick on the Cowboys: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All of this frustration should be centered more around why we’re fixing to extend a bottom tier QB who is killing this offense . That’s what I’d be asking Jerry.

Why are you so committed to a QB like this? I think I know the truth but he needs to be cornered and drilled about it.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Has a little Vince McMahon in him. Inept outside of his one niche.

Mr. McMahon as GM would put us in the playoffs every year.
He'd walk out in the middle of practice, call out Garrett and Dak and scream
"You're fired!!!".

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Dallas has everything but results. And that's the bottom line. As a businessman, Jerry Jones would not put up for this in business, but you're putting up with this with your football business."

So damn true, Dan Patrick.
And, therein lies the conundrum for me - how can someone so adept in the business world be so inept when it comes to the Cowboys? Is it hubris, arrogance, indifference? As an observer of human behavior, the best I can come up with is that JJ "loves" the team and organization much like a father loves a wayward son or daughter. Unfortunately, he stops short of the tough love approach.

I know, too philosophical for the wee hours of the morning. It's all I got for now.

Thomas82

Reaction score
He's been that way a couple times the past year. It's not that the dallas media doesn't ask the hard questions. You're just going to get a lot of Jerry-speak. Jerry needs fans to stop showing up to get his attention. I purposely haven't bought any new Cowboys merchandise/gear for the 2nd year in a row.

I personally haven't bought anything since 2001 for the very same reasons.

visionary

Reaction score
The title says it all: "Dallas Fans Deserve Better Than This"

So before anybody thinks about turning on each other because we're all down, depressed, and on edge, remember that.

We all deserve better than this.

No we don't
Definitely not the blind and clueless cowboy fans who even now support Garrett and Jerry
We deserve exactly what we have

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All of this frustration should be centered more around why we’re fixing to extend a bottom tier QB who is killing this offense . That’s what I’d be asking Jerry.

Why are you so committed to a QB like this? I think I know the truth but he needs to be cornered and drilled about it.

The answer could be as simple as the the one he might give for keeping Garrett as long as he has - he doesn't want to admit a mistake. He made a huge mistake hiring Garrett, and another one by drafting Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The answer could be as simple as the the one he might give for keeping Garrett as long as he has - he doesn't want to admit a mistake. He made a huge mistake hiring Garrett, and another one by drafting Dak.
Drafting Dak wasn’t the mistake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The way Jerry hired Garrett was hugely dysfunctional naming him “ the future of the Dallas Cowboys” then naming Wade HC.

It was a culmination of how determined Jerry is to prove he’s a football guy pursuing the credit he didn’t receive with Jimmy.

Every HC Jerry has hired has been a mistake except for Jimmy and arguably Bill.

But when you consider Jerry’s agenda they all fit into his pursuit. Of course they’re a mistake but not within Jerry’s agenda.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No we don't
Definitely not the blind and clueless cowboy fans who even now support Garrett and Jerry
We deserve exactly what we have
Yep..

This is the bed we have made with Jerry. The fans have provided Jerry a stamp of approval which has propelled the Cowboys to the pinnacle of sports financially.

It’s too late . Game over . Jerry won. We’re screwed. Just a couple years ago though they were applauding Jerry. Lol

Remember were#1 in Revenue!! Go Cowboys:)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

What is your alternative plan, exactly?

and no, they aren't going to extend him this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What is your alternative plan, exactly?

and no, they aren't going to extend him this year.
Don’t need a plan to know this one isn’t working.

But we are limited now that we’ve traded our 1st round pick. Let’s hope we don’t extend Dak but every indication from Jerry and Stephen is we are and he’s simply playing for the size of contract.

If we don’t then let him play out his Rookie contract and bury himself then we’ll have a 1st round pick in 2020.

I’d be for keeping Dak as a backup which was our intention when we drafted him. We finally found a backup which can win some games.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
- Jerrah: we've won 3 superbowls with me being gm ... so ...

- Tim Macmahon : yeah , you've also won 1 playoff in 15 years , what makes you think you are capable of still being GM?

Jerry's face turned red ...

We need more reporters like Tim Macmahon . Asking the tough questions . :bow:

Spot on. Jerry is too comfortable with the lack of success he has had the last 22 years. He needs to be reminded he sucks at what he does and fans have reached the boiling point. Him saying he would have fired a GM with lack of results and then turns around and says yea but I own the team basically means I can suck for another 20 years and it won’t matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Spot on. Jerry is too comfortable with the lack of success he has had the last 22 years. He needs to be reminded he sucks at what he does and fans have reached the boiling point. Him saying he would have fired a GM with lack of results and then turns around and says yea but I own the team basically means I can suck for another 20 years and it won’t matter.
Right.

Just a couple years ago , last off-season as a matter of fact we were praising him after his induction and executive of the year.

So much hope he was delegating to Stephen and the better decisions, etc. What happened???

I’ll tell you what happened. Our QB is stinking it up and taking everyone down with him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is in his non-NFL business, bad decisions cost money and with the NFL the money keeps rolling in regardless of how bad the decisions made are. There are no financial repercussions for incompetence, like in any other business.
Not really. He'd make a lot more money with a SB winning, or even a contending team. Merchandise sales would be through the roof. Don't think for a second that this team sucks because Jerry doesn't care. He just thinks he's the smartest guy in the room at all times, so to follow anyone else's example would be contradictory to his nature.......IMO

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Get him sloshed, and he'll tell you what he thinks of the fans.

I personally haven't bought anything since 2001 for the very same reasons.

Right.

Just a couple years ago , last off-season as a matter of fact we were praising him after his induction and executive of the year.

So much hope he was delegating to Stephen and the better decisions, etc. What happened???

I’ll tell you what happened. Our QB is stinking it up and taking everyone down with him.

And the idiot owner who has been the biggest reason this franchise has sucked for the last 23 years wants to give him a big contract. The same idiot owner who has allowed Jason Garrett to keep his job with terrible results. This isn’t a Dak problem this is a Jerry problem. A good owner without an ego would have a competent GM who would then hire a good coach who would then not want to give Dak a big contract for the terrible results he has had the last 2 years. It all goes back to Jerry.

visionary

Reaction score
Yep..

This is the bed we have made with Jerry. The fans have provided Jerry a stamp of approval which has propelled the Cowboys to the pinnacle of sports financially.

It’s too late . Game over . Jerry won. We’re screwed. Just a couple years ago though they were applauding Jerry. Lol

Remember were#1 in Revenue!! Go Cowboys:)

Whoever was applauding Jerry 2 years ago should be drawn and quartered

This guy is the worst owner in sports for real fans of the team (who want to win and compete for championships ) and has been the worst owner for a couple of decades

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Don’t need a plan to know this one isn’t working.

But we are limited now that we’ve traded our 1st round pick. Let’s hope we don’t extend Dak but every indication from Jerry and Stephen is we are and he’s simply playing for the size of contract.

If we don’t then let him play out his Rookie contract and bury himself then we’ll have a 1st round pick in 2020.

I’d be for keeping Dak as a backup which was our intention when we drafted him. We finally found a backup which can win some games.

So... your plan is to extend him. Got it.

I'm not sure I see the point in complaining about QB right now, we have what we have and there aren't any real viable short term alternatives.

The only way to improve the situation we're stuck in is to coach him up.