Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah has Zeke in his top 5 2019 MVP

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fans/posters/media apparently didn't hear forgot Stephen comments a few weeks ago that Zeke "is the straw that stirs the drink" for this team. I'm guessing any poster/fan talk of him not getting extended is just that, fan talk.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah, Elliott is going to get a new long term contract in Dallas. I honestly don’t know why it is even a talking point with fans.

The guy is super talented and does a ton for the offense. For a team that prides itself on playing physical football, Zeke is the perfect back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Elliott is going to get a new long term contract in Dallas. I honestly don’t know why it is even a talking point with fans.

The guy is super talented and does a ton for the offense. For a team that prides itself on playing physical football, Zeke is the perfect back.

Yes just talk, and goes to show quite a few fans don't really know about running a football team. And it is by far a different business model than most are used to.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
That's a really great list, and happy to see Zeke get the perennial Cowboys team MVP credit he deserves. This team lives and dies by Zeke Elliot's hand.

But man, overall what a great list.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Fans/posters/media apparently didn't hear forgot Stephen comments a few weeks ago that Zeke "is the straw that stirs the drink" for this team. I'm guessing any poster/fan talk of him not getting extended is just that, fan talk.

Looks like there are two too many RBs in that list. The new criteria for an RB to win MVP is to go over 2,000 yards (Peterson, Sanders) or set a new TD record (Alexander, LT). Can’t see that happening, but you never know.

_sturt_

Reaction score
The bigger take for me is.... who in his right mind puts Wentz as his #1?

That's patently ridiculous.

I can understand maybe top 10. And just a maybe.

I can't even barely understand how one would justify suggesting he's the odds-on favorite.

Did they win something last year in Philly and I just missed it? Was that LAR appearance in the Super Bowl just a hallucination? And did their QB do something stupid to remove him from the equation over the off-season?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is very little chance Wentz outperforms Mahomes if all things are even.

aria

Reaction score
Wentz and especially Rivers seem oddly out of place, the other 3 I agree with though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Looks like there are two too many RBs in that list. The new criteria for an RB to win MVP is to go over 2,000 yards (Peterson, Sanders) or set a new TD record (Alexander, LT). Can’t see that happening, but you never know.
Unless the Giants are a winning team and Barkley sets all kinds of records, he stands little chance of being the MVP. Pretty tough to get the award on a losing team.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Two RBs in his top 5? Hopefully Daniel isn't a betting man or he'll lose a ton of money.

My top 5 in no particular order:
Mahomes
Luck
Mayfield
Ryan
Rodgers

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Most everyone expects Zeke to get extended. Some of us just believe that to be a mistake.

And Zeke will likely pile up another high volume questionable efficiency season and if healthy all year will have the counting stats to be in the conversation. Per normal it will require team success.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz will have to stay healthy and the Giants will have to have a winning record and do something or Barkley is just gathering stats. Same goes for Rivers. Hell, same goes for Elliott. The team has to do something first.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Can't see Barkley's team being good enough for him to be considered for MVP. Of course, I guess if the Giants are, it will likely be because of Barkley.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wentz will have to stay healthy and the Giants will have to have a winning record and do something or Barkley is just gathering stats. Same goes for Rivers. Hell, same goes for Elliott. The team has to do something first.

The Eagles, Chargers and Cowboys all are possible playoff teams, so I don't think the MVP discussion is far-fetched for their players.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

He has Wince as #1. Does this not kill his credibility on this particular subject?