Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah has Zeke in his top 5 2019 MVP

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Zeke's not winning MVP unless he rushes for 2,000 yards or we win 14+ games.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Wentz ?????????????????

Don't you have to play , win and finish an entire season to be MVP ?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
You know that he hasn't put much thought into this list because it includes Barkley. Even if Barkley has a 2000 yard season it's tough to see the Giants doing much. MVPs usually come from playoff teams.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Wentz?

giphy.gif

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There is very little chance Wentz outperforms Mahomes if all things are even.
The issues in KC may put Mahomes in bad situation. They are not the same team we have known over the last say 5 years.

Having said that, why wouldn't Russell Wilson be on this list? He has carried a very mediocre team these last few years.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The issues in KC may put Mahomes in bad situation. They are not the same team we have known over the last say 5 years.

Having said that, why wouldn't Russell Wilson be on this list? He has carried a very mediocre team these last few years.

Might be due to their new emphasis on the run game in Seattle. That's why I didn't list him on mine, despite him easily being a top 5 most important player in the league.

Wilson only had 427 attempts last year, or 260 less attempts than Big Ben. Less than Trubisky in 14 games too. Still didnt stop Wilson from tying for third in passing TDs. He's incredible.

John813

Reaction score
When was the last time a RB was seriously considered in the MVP race? I haven't followed it for a while.

It seems it's a QB award now. Might was well name it the QB of the year award and then have another away minus the QB spot.

Edit, AP in 12 and then LD21 in 2006.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Might be due to their new emphasis on the run game in Seattle. That's why I didn't list him on mine, despite him easily being a top 5 most important player in the league.

Wilson only had 427 attempts last year, or 260 less attempts than Big Ben. Less than Trubisky in 14 games too. Still didnt stop Wilson from tying for third in passing TDs. He's incredible.
I call him the baby faced assassin.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's insistence on being a "run first offense" with a top 5 QB under center makes no sense. We saw it in the playoff game, Wilson's deep ball was hot and he was hitting a bunch of crazy throws, but Seattle insisted on "establishing the run" to the tune of 2 YPC. I'll be honest - we lose that game if Carroll unleashed Wilson in the second half.

I guess I can't criticize Carroll too much. His specialty is defense, and he pulled together a middle of the pack D from a unit that had been gutted by age and injuries, so he delivered his end of the bargain. But he also has a strong say in hiring the OC and putting together and offensive philosophy, and "use Russell Wilson as a bus driver" is just about the dumbest idea I've heard.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Yeah, Elliott is going to get a new long term contract in Dallas. I honestly don’t know why it is even a talking point with fans.

The guy is super talented and does a ton for the offense. For a team that prides itself on playing physical football, Zeke is the perfect back.
Thank you! I don't get it either. Zeke is a generational running back much like LT and AP were in the 2000s. Dude would have led the league three years in a row if not for that stupid suspension. Now, he has to stay out of trouble and quit doing dumb stuff but he is a very good running back that will make a great duo with Dak. Zeke is going to be 24 in a few weeks too. He is really young for a 4th year player. Easily has 5 good years left maybe more. I think Pollard/Weber will take some wear and tear off of him too.