Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah wants Micah to stay at DE

Majic

Reaction score
As many have said.. Nearly everyone’s base defense is a nickel.

Just tell Micah to stand up and magically he’s asked to be Von Miller and not Demarcus Lawrence.

Patriots were in a base 3-4 more than Nickel this week against Titans and that was with Henry out

Majic

Reaction score
Yeah that's true too. If you make him a full-time end you eliminate his versatility.

Just rush the passer the majority of the time. Don't become an off ball LB just because Lawrence and Gregory are back. That's all I ask.

Teams expect him to rush on every play now (whether he does or not is another matter)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Patriots were in a base 3-4 more than Nickel this week against Titans and that was with Henry out

Without watching the game it is most likely because the Titans didn’t use 3 receiver sets like most offenses do.

With AJ and Julio out id bet I’m right.

Defenses match up with the offense.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
It will be very interesting how Dallas approaches the offseason needs list with Micah. He's the joker. I'm not sure you can pencil him in anywhere.
Exactly which is why I dont' like him at DE 100% of the time. We have to competent ends that can at the very least get pressure.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Keep him at DE, that way we can move on from gregory and not give his unreliable behind a big contract.

Its way harder to find elite pass rushers than off the ball linebackers

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Let’s not forget we need Parsons at LB.

LVE is trash, the guy has negative power. Parsons is the better LB getting into holes and stopping the run.

Should have drafted KOR in the 2nd like I said.

And I was also pushing hard to draft Parsons with our first.

Scotman

Reaction score
It will be very interesting how Dallas approaches the offseason needs list with Micah. He's the joker. I'm not sure you can pencil him in anywhere.
I'd go as far to say that you could almost pencil him in anywhere. He looks like a true star. Having him changes the next draft. He creates options.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Ultimately I agree with DJ. Pass rush trumps all. Micah should never not be a heavy factor in getting after the QB in any game he plays here. Shame on the coaches if he is. They would be trying to out smart themselves.
I agree. And we can get additional LB help at either 32 or 64, or potentially both if needed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
As many have said.. Nearly everyone’s base defense is a nickel.

Just tell Micah to stand up and magically he’s asked to be Von Miller and not Demarcus Lawrence.

Yeah. Micah has been rushing from a 2 point stance most of the time anyway. If my memory serves right. Even when there’s a “4 man line”

J-man

Reaction score
I have said that all along. His best trait is attacking, the QB and/or the ball. That's what he should do every play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Btw, I expect Parsons to play linebacker tomorrow night.

I’m not saying it’s the wrong thing either because it looks like their only goal is to run it at us so a lot of LVE and Parsons for this matchup.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Btw, I expect Parsons to play linebacker tomorrow night.

I’m not saying it’s the wrong thing either because it looks like their only goal is to run it at us so a lot of LVE and Parsons for this matchup.

Against a guy like Hill. I think parsons is valuable spying at times. So I won’t complain.

Pass rush is the most important thing. But against a running QB. Parsons spying and forcing the QB to stay in the pocket also would have high value.

lk8701

Reaction score
Most analysts I listen to think he should be an edge rusher, I think if you took a straw poll of GM's 70%+ would indicate this should be his position based on the comments I have heard.

Certainly like to see a switch to 3-4 next season as our base

Exactly. The Golden State Warriors designed their offense around Stephen Curry and the Cowboys should design their defense around Micah Parsons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Against a guy like Hill. I think parsons is valuable spying at times. So I won’t complain.

Pass rush is the most important thing. But against a running QB. Parsons spying and forcing the QB to stay in the pocket also would have high value.

I’m not a big fan of Parsons the spy. I just want him attacking.

I was worried about Mahomes running all over us and scrambling around like he usually does but it turns out he can’t run away from Parson chasing him and it still keeps a guy in coverage.

I think the same thing will work against a guy like Rodgers or Kyler Murray.

Parsons acceleration / closing speed is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen for someone that size.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of Parsons the spy. I just want him attacking.

I was worried about Mahomes running all over us and scrambling around like he usually does but it turns out he can’t run away from Parson chasing him and it still keeps a guy in coverage.

I think the same thing will work against a guy like Rodgers or Kyler Murray.

Well if anyone has the speed to chase these guys down on a scramble drill. Micah is surely that guy.