Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah wants Micah to stay at DE

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

One thing that I definitely wouldn’t do? Waste his talents by rushing him inside, like Dan Quinn did repeatedly on Thanksgiving. He took his best pass rusher out of the equation numerous times having him run into guard and center double teams.

Terrible play calling there and it cost the Cowboys several times. Never do that again.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Yep. I think Risen meant the same thing....just don't INK him in anywhere. His assignment can be as fluid as any player I've seen. (I can't believe I just typed that for such a new player...but I think it might be true)
Yes, RS did mean the same thing, I was just messin' with him. I think most people think he has the greatest value by being moved around. Can you say "defensive centerpiece for the next decade?"

RonnieT24

Reaction score
One thing that I definitely wouldn’t do? Waste his talents by rushing him inside, like Dan Quinn did repeatedly on Thanksgiving. He took his best pass rusher out of the equation numerous times having him run into guard and center double teams.

Terrible play calling there and it cost the Cowboys several times. Never do that again.

The idea of having him rush the gaps is that the DTs are supposed to occupy the blockers so Parsons is left with just having to beat a running back.. The only running back in the league who might stand a chance in that matchup is probably Zeke.. He destroys pretty much any of the rest .. What has happened however is that he has now become the focal point for OCs. So they will ignore Bohanna, or Osa or Hamilton or whomever else is at DT and focus on Parsons. So the next move in the chess match is to find other ways to free him up from doubles.. Putting him outside shoulder of Lawrence seems like just what the doctor ordered.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Excited to see all three pass rushers out there together. Maybe Osa will have an easier time with talent on the edge.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The idea of having him rush the gaps is that the DTs are supposed to occupy the blockers so Parsons is left with just having to beat a running back.. The only running back in the league who might stand a chance in that matchup is probably Zeke.. He destroys pretty much any of the rest .. What has happened however is that he has now become the focal point for OCs. So they will ignore Bohanna, or Osa or Hamilton or whomever else is at DT and focus on Parsons. So the next move in the chess match is to find other ways to free him up from doubles.. Putting him outside shoulder of Lawrence seems like just what the doctor ordered.

I’m good with anything other than self-neutralizing him like Quinn repeatedly did on Thanksgiving.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Micah Parsons should be all over the place. Make teams have to account for him, not by just one tackle and maybe an extra blocker, but the entire line. He should just be a DE. They need to think outside the box and have him attack from anywhere, but also do some LB duties that hes so good at.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I believe he should continue playing the hybrid role. It wont wear him down as much and give him more flex.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m good with anything other than self-neutralizing him like Quinn repeatedly did on Thanksgiving.

The Raiders did a good job on him.. Sometimes you have to give the other guys some credit. When he rushed off the edge they doubled him almost every time.. When they didn't he was extremely disruptive.. but lining him up in one place makes it too easy to game plan for him.. With Lawrence back he will get less attention and thus do more damage.. With Gregory back too this has the makings of Doomsday III.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Raiders did a good job on him.. Sometimes you have to give the other guys some credit. When he rushed off the edge they doubled him almost every time.. When they didn't he was extremely disruptive.. but lining him up in one place makes it too easy to game plan for him.. With Lawrence back he will get less attention and thus do more damage.. With Gregory back too this has the makings of Doomsday III.

I saw the Raiders tackles repeatedly struggle with him. And the stats support that. Lining him up inside is just plain dumb and helps the opponent to neutralize him. And they did.

Both tackles struggled outside. Inside, they had the advantage. Bad call by Quinn.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I want him rushing from all over the formation— not just at DE. With Law and Randy at DE— we can move him over the A gap or overload blitzes on either side— or drop him in coverage and do all kinds of disguises.

He is our best and most versatile defensive player. Use it confuse the hell out of OCs

reddyuta

Reaction score
i disagree with Jeremiah.if they keep him at DE only he is going to get beat up by double and triple teams and we have seen that plenty this season already .

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
With two defensive ends at their natural position, and perhaps one of the defensive tackles be more fitted to defensive end, wherein they can drift back and cut off a slant lane, Micah Parsons then becomes a wild card and perhaps the first in a line of players who doesn't have a set position.

Gregory and DLaw, or another DE that can get on the QB would cause enough havoc that Parsons can come from any angle, any gap on every play.

This player now causes both the team's defensive coordinator, and the other team's offensive coordinator to account for him at every moment.

Bob Lilly had that attribute. Old footage of his play reveals there were times he was beating triple teams.

Parsons has a wealth of skill sets that he can beat a blocker with speed, strength, and in the case of him in a head hunter position, he can win with cunning and surprise.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I like the idea of continuing to move him around. Opposing offenses will have to account for him differently every play. I also think it keeps him a little fresher.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yeah that's true too. If you make him a full-time end you eliminate his versatility.

Just rush the passer the majority of the time. Don't become an off ball LB just because Lawrence and Gregory are back. That's all I ask.
You can ask all you want, But this team management sometimes too smart for themselves , they love to get cute and bungle things which are working .

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One as good as Parsons isn’t.

I would argue that while he has looked good at linebacker it hasn’t been anything that’s just unbelievable.

The Viking game was really good but was that game even as impactful as his least impactful game as a pass rusher?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I would argue that while he has looked good at linebacker it hasn’t been anything that’s just unbelievable.

The Viking game was really good but was that game even as impactful as his least impactful game as a pass rusher?
I want to move him around. I do not want him to just be a pass rusher. That would be a tremendous waste of his talent. He’s destroyed running plays and screens as well as rush the passer.

lkelly

Reaction score
Yawn, yawn,yawn. Any pro bowl player drafted after the first rd was by accident then, according to your logic.
Not at all. Do you really think that War Daddy smitten Jones would have traded down a few spots if he knew his diamond was sitting there? He almost certainly would have drafted either of the corners (one of which has been a zero this season) over said War Daddy. It's much like the Prescott selection. Credit for scouting the player, credit for turning in the draft card, but let's not give them the kudos of knowing that they had such a contributor. The Pats didn't let Brady sit there for 5+ rounds because they knew he was going to be the GOAT.

The same logic applies to teams ahead of Dallas that passed on him. Think Atlanta would prefer a generational pass rusher over a tight end? Think any of the teams that picked WRs would prefer a DPOY candidate instead at that spot?

Happy that they picked him. Hopefully he turns into the 20 sack a year guy. They clearly didn't think he was capable of that, otherwise they would have been burning the phones up to move up in the order not down.