Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah wants Micah to stay at DE

conner01

Reaction score
Whatever the Giants did with LT should be what the Cowboys do with Micah.
Not exactly
But he should be used as much
Changing to a 3/4 like parcels had is not necessary to get Micah pass rusher
We need to draft one or two LB this year and just let Micah replace Gregory
I’d love to keep Gregory but I’d be somewhat surprised if he doesn’t get offers we can’t match
If by chance you were able to keep Gregory then you have 3 good pass rushers
It’s a win/win either way without changing the entire scheme

conner01

Reaction score
I want to move him around. I do not want him to just be a pass rusher. That would be a tremendous waste of his talent. He’s destroyed running plays and screens as well as rush the passer.
This year you have no choice but move him around
But if Gregory leaves I’d replace Gregory with Micah in a heartbeat
Then you’d have to draft a inside LB for sure
Cox is not the guy for the inside but I think with snaps he could be good at will

conner01

Reaction score
Not at all. Do you really think that War Daddy smitten Jones would have traded down a few spots if he knew his diamond was sitting there? He almost certainly would have drafted either of the corners (one of which has been a zero this season) over said War Daddy. It's much like the Prescott selection. Credit for scouting the player, credit for turning in the draft card, but let's not give them the kudos of knowing that they had such a contributor. The Pats didn't let Brady sit there for 5+ rounds because they knew he was going to be the GOAT.

The same logic applies to teams ahead of Dallas that passed on him. Think Atlanta would prefer a generational pass rusher over a tight end? Think any of the teams that picked WRs would prefer a DPOY candidate instead at that spot?

Happy that they picked him. Hopefully he turns into the 20 sack a year guy. They clearly didn't think he was capable of that, otherwise they would have been burning the phones up to move up in the order not down.
It seemed obvious he’d be there after a trade down to me

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's necessary to pigeon hole him into one set role. Take advantage of the versatility. Move him around. Make it harder for defenses to account for him. At any moment he can pressure/sack the QB, or chase down a ball carrier or cover a receiver, and that flexibility can make it hard for teams to game plan for him.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's a waste of Parson's talent and versatility to limit him to one position. Play him as an off-ball linebacker on early downs, then send him after the QB as either a DE or as a stand up rusher on passing downs. Move him around to keep offenses guessing.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
It will be very interesting how Dallas approaches the offseason needs list with Micah. He's the joker. I'm not sure you can pencil him in anywhere.

I love his flexibility, and I would hate to take away the pressure it puts on DC to have to figure out where Micah is lined up...with that said, the majority of his snaps need to come at DE, with LB sprinkled in.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Depends on personnel. He may be more valuable as a wild card on the defense who can blitz or drop into coverage from the middle. With Lawrence and Gregory available at DE, having Parsons play blitz/coverage option may be the better option to make the best use of all 3.

Next year is more interesting. Parsons best value generally is as a DE on clear pass downs and LB on more likely run downs. In the new Nickel NFL, the big pass rushing OLBs, may end up "inside" with safeties around them. Whatever you want to call him, he should be off the ball on run downs, and on the line on pass downs, like classic pass rushing 3-4 OLBs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
It's a waste of Parson's talent and versatility to limit him to one position. Play him as an off-ball linebacker on early downs, then send him after the QB as either a DE or as a stand up rusher on passing downs. Move him around to keep offenses guessing.

Off the ball like the classic pass rushing 3-4 OLB on run downs, though more likely he'll be the MLB in a big Nickel.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Jeremiah can buy his own team and then do whatever he wants. Parsons is far more disruptive as a joker chess piece because he can literally attack from anywhere and can screw up an entire offensive scheme by simply forcing them to always have to find him and adjust their blocking calls to account for him. If he's on the edge all the time you just chip with a back or a tight end and that's pretty much a wrap. Yes he might still get a ton of sacks.. but not nearly as many TFLs and other plays in space.. And against top tackles he might not get anything at all. I mean I don't think the kid on the Chargers was all that impressed with him.. and he is a fellow rookie.. Imagine what a talented vet will do to him..

I like this logic because when he plays as a joker linebacker it seems no runners or wide receivers ever get by the second level when he there. He is a heat seeking missile.mThe weird thing to me is that we are this far in to the season and as some opponents still have not stopped him as an edge rusher. Maybe they can’t believe it or don’t take it seriously that this little guy is gonna get by their tackles ?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not exactly
But he should be used as much
Changing to a 3/4 like parcels had is not necessary to get Micah pass rusher
We need to draft one or two LB this year and just let Micah replace Gregory
I’d love to keep Gregory but I’d be somewhat surprised if he doesn’t get offers we can’t match
If by chance you were able to keep Gregory then you have 3 good pass rushers
It’s a win/win either way without changing the entire scheme

No chance Gregory goes.

I don’t know what it would cost to cut Zeke or if it’s even possible but if it is I feel like he is a prime candidate to be cut.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The guy's a game wrecker that you can plug in all over the field. Not sure I agree with this. Seems you're just making it easier for offenses to scheme to avoid him if you're just lining him up at DE every snap.

conner01

Reaction score
No chance Gregory goes.

I don’t know what it would cost to cut Zeke or if it’s even possible but if it is I feel like he is a prime candidate to be cut.
Cutting Zeke doesn’t save you the money you probably need for Gregory
If he plays the rest of the year like he did early he’s gonna get a nice contract

Aven8

Reaction score
He’s already stated he doesn’t want to just be a DE. He’s good at everything he does.

ghst187

Reaction score
Let tank walk after the season, resign Gregory and put Parson at DE.
We then still need two starting LBs in the off-season….

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on personnel. He may be more valuable as a wild card on the defense who can blitz or drop into coverage from the middle. With Lawrence and Gregory available at DE, having Parsons play blitz/coverage option may be the better option to make the best use of all 3.

Next year is more interesting. Parsons best value generally is as a DE on clear pass downs and LB on more likely run downs. In the new Nickel NFL, the big pass rushing OLBs, may end up "inside" with safeties around them. Whatever you want to call him, he should be off the ball on run downs, and on the line on pass downs, like classic pass rushing 3-4 OLBs.

I'm not interested in using Micah in a way that best fits Lawrence and Gregory. I'm interested in maximizing the potential of a special player like Micah and filling in around him. He's the priority not them.