Twitter: Daniel Jeremiah wants Micah to stay at DE

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Dec 1, 2021.

1. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

3,529 Messages
    3,565 Likes Received
    Micah is as pure as mothers milk

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  2. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

8,589 Messages
    7,729 Likes Received
    No reason to hate to say that

3. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

48,359 Messages
    26,131 Likes Received
    I think he was a bull frog. :huh:
    Should know this because he was my good friend. ;)

CowboyRoy likes this.
  4. maryquality

maryquality Well-Known Member

3,343 Messages
    7,839 Likes Received
    "Never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his wine....." :laugh:

tyke1doe likes this.
  5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    The layman's want Parsons to remain at DE.

6. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

8,356 Messages
    12,667 Likes Received
    And he always had some mighty fine wine..

tyke1doe and maryquality like this.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    72,582 Messages
    151,631 Likes Received
    DJ has a legit scouting background.

Spare me.

8. CowboyRoy

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    There is NO way they want Parsons ONLY at DE. You want the flexibility to move him all over the defense and you want him right in the middle at linebacker on first down.

All they would do on 3rd and longs is move Lawrence to DT and they can put Parson at end if they like. Or they keep Lawrence and Gregory at end and blitz Parsons right up the middle.

9. CowboyRoy

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    Doesnt sound legit to me. Sounds like a guy without all the facts. I guarantee there are posters on here that know more about the Cowboys than he does. Does he watch EVERY game at least twice, and talk about the Cowboys on a forum at least an hour a day every day of the year? Does he watch game breakdown videos, articles and opinions about the Cowboys daily?

Doubt it.

10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    This is like the 3rd time someone has posted this…in what world is taking on blockers as a DE more physical than MLB? If your point is that he might be a little too small to effectively play the run, I disagree, but that at least makes sense. But the idea that he would get beat up more playing DE than MLB is just crazy and incorrect.

11. Majic

Majic Well-Known Member

884 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    Next season how about keeping Parsons as a full-time edge rusher (he could well be the best one in the NFL, some think he is already i.e Greg Cosell) and finding someone else to play linebacker (high in the draft)

12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,831 Messages
    10,672 Likes Received
    Does his opinion matter to MM and Jerry? Why? I agree with him , but everybody has an opinion that the Cowboys seems to ignore.

13. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    9,757 Likes Received
    Could you explain WHY that would be "crazy and incorrect"?

My explanation is that a MLB has more room to evade a blocker and still make the tackle whereas a DE must engage the blocker, really no choice. Also, wouldn't a guard be responsible, most of the time to take on a MLB? Aren't guards typically smaller than OT's? Wouldn't a MLB typically be blocked on running plays but not passing plays whereas a DE will always be blocked?

DE's drafted in the first round between 2000 and 2015 averaged 75.7 starts in their career, the equivalent of 4.7 seasons. ILBers drafted during the same time in the 1st round averaged 109.8 starts in their career, the equivalent of 6.9 seasons. Doesn't that demonstrate the difference in durability between the two positions?

14. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

4,017 Messages
    3,032 Likes Received
    Randy White was drafted as a LB, switched to DL and became a HOFer.

15. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,858 Messages
    17,173 Likes Received
    Winning is the priority, not any particular player.

16. CowboyRoy

43,568 Messages
    29,009 Likes Received
    More versatile at linebacker. He can still get double digit sacks.

17. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

5,854 Messages
    9,757 Likes Received
    Randy White was a DT in college. He was actually switched to MLB which was a failure. In his 3rd season he returned to his natural position and made the Pro Bowl, the first of nine consecutive seasons.

18. Fmart322

Fmart322 Well-Known Member

4,017 Messages
    3,032 Likes Received
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

19. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    7,039 Likes Received
    Yes a guard…with a head of steam. Or a pulling FB/TE. Not to mention the RB blasting through the hole with his head down…and then there’s also the LB delivering hits and damaging himself coming downhill with a full speed RB. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying playing DE is a cushy job, but the idea that you’re going to preserve a player by playing them at MLB is indeed “crazy and incorrect”

And please show me your sample sizes on those cherry picked career starts of only 1st round picks. I gotta imagine there’s been close to triple the amount of DE’s drafted 1st round vs ILB. You are only highlighting the bust rate of DE’s. Also the fact that only really good “sure thing” type ILB’s get drafted in the 1st round.

20. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    It's like circumcising that mosquito baby.

lqmac1 likes this.