Daniel Jones’ reps are seeking more than $45 million per year as Giants work daily on new deal

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

732799e82d41662e44bb1f20962012a0.gif

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'll say it again

if the Giants give Jones 45 million per year then Joe Burrow has every right to ask for 70 million per year for 6 years
He could ask for it anyway but any good GM's response would be "someone else screwing up doesn't mean we have to follow their lead".

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Dude has sucked donkey balls since he entered the league and had one good season and now he wants Mahommes money!!!

Dak at $40 a year is a bargin:thumbup:
It's sad that owners dont see that if your QB hasnt done it when he's cheap, then paying him 20% of the CAP isnt going to improve your team's chances.

Flamma

Reaction score
Every other non elite QB gets away with it. This scheme QBs have going is going to eventually bite one of them in the butt. This might be that one time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't blame him one bit, he's their starter. My guess though is he and his agent know he's getting the tag. He's giving the Giants the min number he'll take. What choice do they have.....sign him or reset and start over at the position.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't blame him one bit, he's their starter. My guess though is he and his agent know he's getting the tag. He's giving the Giants the min number he'll take. What choice do they have.....sign him or reset and start over at the position.
The choice is simple, if he wasnt able to produce when his CAP hit was 4% what makes them think his production will improve when he's taking 20% of the CAP.
If the Giants' organizational goal is just to get to the occasional play-off then he MAY be the man, if they have higher expectations....move on.

John813

Reaction score
He could ask for it anyway but any good GM's response would be "someone else screwing up doesn't mean we have to follow their lead".

Exact same thing going on in Baltimore with Lamar due to Watsons fully guaranteed deal imo