Danny Amendola Jacked Up

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That is about as hard as a little white guy can get hit.

Temo

Reaction score
tomson75;3051263 said:

Who hates him? How is it possible to hate a part time receiver for one of the worst teams in the league who's still only playing due to injuries.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Monster Heel;3051170 said:
Why do people care about this scrub so much?

Because he was our scrub, and it was after the 2007 season when we got him. New England's offense was a juggernaut, and a little quick receiver named Wes Welker had a big year. There was some obvious comparisons from Welker to Amendola, which a lot of people thought Amendola could play similar to Welker. That is why people care about that "scrub" who is putting together a decent season in STL.

And I really can't believe that anybody on these boards would call an undrafted free agent a scrub anymore. I know that there are tons of UDFA's that don't pan out, but lately we are seeing a few play pretty well.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That is not an uncommon occurence when Zack Follett hits someone. Cowboys could have taken Zack Follett instead of Manuel Johnson and really solidified its ST draft. :D

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think this is a repost...but it's still fun to watch.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amendola: "My mind wasn't working" after hit

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 3, 2009 8:21 PM ET

The hardest hit of Week 8 in the NFL came at Ford Field, where Rams kickoff returner Danny Amendola was drilled by the Lions' Zach Follett. It was the kind of brutal, violent collision that happens all too often on NFL kickoff returns, and two days later, Amendola says he doesn't remember leaving the field.

"The hit didn't hurt, but my mind wasn't working," Amendola said. "I walked off, I think. Just got my head buzzed a little bit."

Amendola is scheduled to undergo tests for concussion-related symptoms on Wednesday, and it's unclear whether he'll play against the Saints in Week 10, when the Rams return from their bye week. The mere fact that he's thinking of playing -- and the Rams are thinking of letting him play -- underscores how both players and teams still operate with a mindset that concussions aren't particularly serious injuries.

Reporters also often operate with that mindset. The same Associated Press story that quotes Amendola saying his mind wasn't working notes that Rams guard Jacob Bell also suffered a concussion -- his second of the year -- but "was cleared after tests showed he had only a mild one." There's nothing mild about a player having two concussions by the season's midway point, but for many players, it's a part of life in the NFL.