Twitter: Darius Jackson to Green Bay

Praxit

Reaction score
...Rummage sale .... Hot!....Hot!......Hot!.......

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why?

There aren't many carries behind Zeke. We aren't RB by committee here.
Around a hundred or more carries are going to someone else if Dallas intends to be a running team.

In 2016, Dallas still had 69 carries to Morris and 24 more to McFadden.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Good for Jackson. I thought he played well in PS. At least he made a teams 53.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Why?

There aren't many carries behind Zeke. We aren't RB by committee here.

True, if Zeke is available for all 16 games. But- Zeke could go down on any play, and the team would be left with ONE RB. That is a scary thought to me. This team is designed and built for a strong running game. If the running game is not a threat- well, we've seen how that goes. It's true we could always bring in another RB- but how good would that unwanted player be? And- that RB likely wouldn't know the playbook & system, and would have little time to develop timing and chemistry.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hence the practice squad. Sure thing NFL talents generally aren’t on practice squads.
He doesn't have any standout traits that makes me think he could develop into even a decent nfl rb. At least with Jackson, Scarbrough, or Pumphrey you can see certain explosive traits that make you think there is at least a possibility. Unless they convert him to FB which I doubt they will.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
True, if Zeke is available for all 16 games. But- Zeke could go down on any play, and the team would be left with ONE RB. That is a scary thought to me. This team is designed and built for a strong running game. If the running game is not a threat- well, we've seen how that goes. It's true we could always bring in another RB- but how good would that unwanted player be? And- that RB likely wouldn't know the playbook & system, and would have little time to develop timing and chemistry.

The team would be left with one RB for that game. The 3rd RB would be inactive on game day because our fullback is a decent runner and Smith can certainly handle a 20 carry load if needed.

Whoever is on the PS would be up if Zeke missed time. So your playbook complaint is sort of a nothing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The team would be left with one RB for that game. The 3rd RB would be inactive on game day because our fullback is a decent runner and Smith can certainly handle a 20 carry load if needed.

Whoever is on the PS would be up if Zeke missed time. So your playbook complaint is sort of a nothing.
The team has Tavon Austin who could play some at RB as well.
With the FB and Austin they really have 4 guys capable of playing RB.

It is a position where there is a glut of NFL capable guys on the street so you don't need to keep a bunch on an active roster.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The team has Tavon Austin who could play some at RB as well.
With the FB and Austin they really have 4 guys capable of playing RB.

It is a position where there is a glut of NFL capable guys on the street so you don't need to keep a bunch on an active roster.

Fact is that if Zeke went down, there would be a massive drop off regardless of having 3rd back or not.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Fact is that if Zeke went down, there would be a massive drop off regardless of having 3rd back or not.
Of course. He's the best in the league IMO and top 3 regardless of who's judging.

Going light at RB was very smart roster mgmt even if I probably disagree on where they went heavy.