Twitter: Darius Jackson to Green Bay

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Do they actually know what Darius Jackson looks like? Could we just send them Rod Smith instead?

Darius is a good developmental game day #2 who could play special teams and take a few carries.

Jackson has the speed to have real upside if he develops too.

If we had never bumped Jackson in the first place, he'd probably be our #2.

The Dream of Darius has died again. I will be wearing black until game day.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Dallas could have kept him and chose not to, lets not get mad because smarter teams get better and stupid teams do stupid things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He doesn't have any standout traits that makes me think he could develop into even a decent nfl rb. At least with Jackson, Scarbrough, or Pumphrey you can see certain explosive traits that make you think there is at least a possibility. Unless they convert him to FB which I doubt they will.

Im not saying Chunn is the best possible RB they could have on the practice squad, but I can’t say I’ve seen any notable explosiveness explosiveness from Jackson or Scarborough either. I can’t comment on Pumphrey because I haven’t seen him play, but there obviously is a shortcoming in the Eagles mind. In the end, very few players ever go from the practice squad to even moderate success in the NFL. Chunn, Pumphrey, Scarborough and Jackson all probably will end up fitting that mold.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas could have kept him and chose not to, lets not get mad because smarter teams get better and stupid teams do stupid things.

Lol - you really think Jackson’s that good? Why didn’t he stick with a team after leaving Dallas, and why didn’t anyone pick him up when he was available through waIvers? The reality is Green Bay’s RBs are horrible, and they picked up a RB no other team wanted on their active roster, and nobody but Dallas was interested in putting on its practice squad.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

If the Packers were so smart, then why didn't they sign Jackson back when the Browns cut him? He sat around for months before the Cowboys signed him after a post-draft workout.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the Packers were so smart, then why didn't they sign Jackson back when the Browns cut him? He sat around for months before the Cowboys signed him after a post-draft workout.

And if Jackson’s so good, why didn’t any other team sign him? The reality is Green Bay is hard up for RBs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You actually like Jackson more than Smith?

Yes but more importantly the Cowboys don't have a fetish for him like they do Smith. So getting rid of Smith would force this team to look for a better backup RB.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And if Jackson’s so good, why didn’t any other team sign him? The reality is Green Bay is hard up for RBs.

Yup. Green Bay's backfield is a mess. They are relying on a wide receiver (Ty Montgomery) and a bunch of undrafted guys. They'd better hope Aaron Rodgers' collarbone holds up.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I just get the feeling that the Zone is going to explode in a January playoff game when Jackson is gutting us for 5 yards per carry.

But for real, this guy played way too well to hang out on the practice squad. Looked fast through the hole and I think he caught 10 of 12 passes thrown his way. Very surprised we didn't stash him on the 53.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just get the feeling that the Zone is going to explode in a January playoff game when Jackson is gutting us for 5 yards per carry.

But for real, this guy played way too well to hang out on the practice squad. Looked fast through the hole and I think he caught 10 of 12 passes thrown his way. Very surprised we didn't stash him on the 53.
That's what I saw. Don't see how we kept Rico over him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
That's what I saw. Don't see how we kept Rico over him.

Rico plays a position that will be handled by committee. With no one guy showing dominance at this point, it will take multiple bodies to fill the position regardless of any injuries to guys on the depth chart

The running back position is not in the same situation for the Cowboys. They have a clear #1. It is unlikely the running back third on the dept chart will see many carries or even be active barring injury. Dallas rarely had a 3rd string running back in the early 90s. They barely utilized their 2nd string back in those days.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Lol - you really think Jackson’s that good? Why didn’t he stick with a team after leaving Dallas, and why didn’t anyone pick him up when he was available through waIvers? The reality is Green Bay’s RBs are horrible, and they picked up a RB no other team wanted on their active roster, and nobody but Dallas was interested in putting on its practice squad.

i dont know if you know this, but you probably do. GB has Aaron Rodgers, so they are good at QB. Doubtful the run game is going to make that much of a difference this season.

Dallas on the other hand doesnt have an Aaron Rodgers, So, we re dont even know how our WRs are. So based on that, the running game is going to have to carry us. Suffice it so say, DJ is fast and could have helped out. But we said, heck no, lets keep our chances slimmer instead of keeping a position strong. If we had to dump him during the season , who cares. But we didnt even give that a try, we kept 3 QBs, woohoo.

Again, dumb teams do dumb stuff.

Now im not against Dak, i am however against our coaches. They dont win me over yet.

ShiningStar

Reaction score

Probably at the time they figured, "We got Aaron SB Winning Rodgers" We probably dont need a RB corp as strong as the Cowboys because we have him. The Cowboys have coaches that dont protect their strengths and opted for 3 qbs. 2 of which cant run the team. Go Cowboys.

They were smart. They got a decent RB for less. Whos also ready to prove himself. WE need those RBs for this season until our WRs turn up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i dont know if you know this, but you probably do. GB has Aaron Rodgers, so they are good at QB. Doubtful the run game is going to make that much of a difference this season.

Dallas on the other hand doesnt have an Aaron Rodgers, So, we re dont even know how our WRs are. So based on that, the running game is going to have to carry us. Suffice it so say, DJ is fast and could have helped out. But we said, heck no, lets keep our chances slimmer instead of keeping a position strong. If we had to dump him during the season , who cares. But we didnt even give that a try, we kept 3 QBs, woohoo.

Again, dumb teams do dumb stuff.

Now im not against Dak, i am however against our coaches. They dont win me over yet.

What you are saying here doesn’t fit your conclusion that Jackson is worthwhile and Green Bay is smarter than the Cowboys. The picture you painted is of a 3rd string RB on a team that doesn’t value or expect to heavily use even their 1st and 2nd team RBs. Basically you’ve described Jackson as an unimportant body filling a roster spot for GB. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Jackson, nor does it support your thought that Green Bay will make something of him.

And, you still haven’t explained why he couldn’t stick with another team after Dallas let him go in 2016, or why he didn’t make any team’s active roster the entirety of 2017, or why he wasn’t claimed off waivers when the Cowboys released him in 2018. Teams clearly aren’t seeing what you are. The reality is the Cowboys have given him way more consideration than any other NFL team has shown a willingness to do.