Darius Leonard calls Zeke the hardest player in the NFL to tackle

Proof

Reaction score
The problem with the Cabo Ewok is he buffed up to handle the load of being a bell cow and as a result he lost his breakaway speed.

His longest run of the year was 33 yards and it was in the season finale against the Skins.

And yet he finished fourth in rushing and second in all purpose yards. Disappointing by his/our standards, but incredible by all others

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Derrick Henry says hi

Henry is strong like bull, but runs a little high. You can get to his body if you can avoid his stiff-arms.

With Zeke, he comes in low and hard, so if you take him on high, he's going to knock you back. You've got to get even lower than he does. As Leonard said, he gets behind his pads.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what does what everyone in the league says have to do with anything, unless you’re providing their direct quotes. This thread is about a player saying Zeke is the hardest player to tackle despite having to face Henry many more times. So yes, posters offering up Henry without anything to base it on other than opinion are hating on zeke. You’re dumb
Well, as soon as some of us saw the quote, Henry immediately came to mind because he's a beast. It's not hating on Zeke to understand that there might be someone even harder to take down, just like it's not hating on Dak to admit that Brady is better.
If you can't comprehend that, you're a moron.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I didn't even enter the zeke vs henry thread. Some of yall are hilarious. Zeke is the best. Down year for him is 4th in rushing. Down year for henry is barely 1000 yards. Whatever. Next year youll get reminded

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I didn't even enter the zeke vs henry thread. Some of yall are hilarious. Zeke is the best. Down year for him is 4th in rushing. Down year for henry is barely 1000 yards. Whatever. Next year youll get reminded
I like the optimism and totally agree.

HanD

Reaction score
I like Zeke just fine. And hard to tackle ain't nearly the only attribute of a rb either.

Vision, check
Balance, check
Blocking, check
Pass catching, check
Workhorse, check
Solid yard gains without many losses on runs, check

He's a great all around back. One of the best. Very good at almost everything just like touted out of college. Lack of homerun speed is his weakness and I can live with that. Most that have homerun speed can't do half of what he can.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Let my boi Zeke get his credit. Leonard is a dawg too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This board has run amok with hatred for Zeke the minute he held out and that doubled the minute he was paid. The Henry comments were more jabs thrown his way.
Mine weren't jabs, and I have no hatred for him. I think he might be the best all around RB in the league, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the hardest to tackle, even if one person said so.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This board has run amok with hatred for Zeke the minute he held out and that doubled the minute he was paid. The Henry comments were more jabs thrown his way.
Or maybe it’s a realistic viewpoint to think Henry is more difficult to tackle than Zeke is despite what Leonard claims?

I mean you can look at the highlights and see Henry gets tough yards like Zeke does but Zeke does not have the same open field ability Henry does.

You also have differing opinions out there and high praise from other players about what it is like to tackle Henry. Links below.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/you-might-be-able-to-tackle-derrick-henry-but-youre-not-going-to-like-it/2020/01/16/9514d9e8-38ba-11ea-9541-9107303481a4_story.html?outputType=amp

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27387564/the-toughest-running-backs-tackle-how-do-it?platform=amp

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-running-back-is-the-hardest-to-tackle-in-the-nfl/

It doesn’t have to be a jab at Zeke. Zeke isn’t even listed as one of the hardest to tackle on the last 2 links I provided. Feel free to disagree but it’s not like Zeke is most definitely the hardest RB to tackle just because Leonard says so.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Or maybe it’s a realistic viewpoint to think Henry is more difficult to tackle than Zeke is despite what Leonard claims?

I mean you can look at the highlights and see Henry gets tough yards like Zeke does but Zeke does not have the same open field ability Henry does.

You also have differing opinions out there and high praise from other players about what it is like to tackle Henry. Links below.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/you-might-be-able-to-tackle-derrick-henry-but-youre-not-going-to-like-it/2020/01/16/9514d9e8-38ba-11ea-9541-9107303481a4_story.html?outputType=amp

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27387564/the-toughest-running-backs-tackle-how-do-it?platform=amp

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-running-back-is-the-hardest-to-tackle-in-the-nfl/

It doesn’t have to be a jab at Zeke. Zeke isn’t even listed as one of the hardest to tackle on the last 2 links I provided. Feel free to disagree but it’s not like Zeke is most definitely the hardest RB to tackle just because Leonard says so.

Solid research provided. You’re missing the point tho, this simply about what Darius Leonard thinks personally for him. It’s like asking a boxer who’s punches hurt the most and then arguing his response with the score on the punchatron

it was just a cool thing to hear about our guy.

for what it’s worth though, when they asked him I expected the answer to be Henry