Darius Leonard calls Zeke the hardest player in the NFL to tackle

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Mine weren't jabs, and I have no hatred for him. I think he might be the best all around RB in the league, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the hardest to tackle, even if one person said so.
Even when that “one person” plays in the NFL and plays in Henry’s division?

I’m not saying you are, but this board couldn’t possibly have a thread on Zeke without punching down on him. Even when opponents compliment him, we actually have people on this board that believe he’s so bad he should be replaced.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I’m not saying you are, but this board couldn’t possibly have a thread on Zeke without punching down on him. Even when opponents compliment him, we actually have people on this board that believe he’s so bad he should be replaced.
And yet nobody in this thread has mentioned anything about Zeke being replaced. What has happened is posters believe Henry may be harder to tackle and that is what you consider punching down on Zeke and believing he is so bad he should be replaced.

aria

Reaction score
I've seen some blades of grass have quite a bit of success. I like Zeke, but after his ridiculous contract it took fans coming down on him to get him to run hard again...
He started running hard again?

aria

Reaction score
How fortunate are we that we get to diss a RB that clears 1k and 10tds on a “bad season”
I wonder how many yards he would have if he wasn’t taking himself out of games. I saw Henry bust off a 40+ yard run last week and jog back to the huddle like it was a Sunday afternoon stroll through the park.

Ewok also had a slightly better O line.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
And yet nobody in this thread has mentioned anything about Zeke being replaced. What has happened is posters believe Henry may be harder to tackle and that is what you consider punching down on Zeke and believing he is so bad he should be replaced.
Been hearing it all year. We’ve had threads about Pollard over Zeke.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Yes, but not in terms of skill only. Now you have to delve into the utilization of team resources and value, which changes the conversation.
No, it hasn’t. Zeke and Pollard are the resources and starting one over the other shows how you value them. Same exact conversation; people are bent over Zekes holdout and pay. Just as they were with Lawrence.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That way of thinking is ridiculous. But with regard to your question, it doesn't matter which player said it, that's still the opinion of just one player.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, it hasn’t. Zeke and Pollard are the resources and starting one over the other shows how you value them. Same exact conversation; people are bent over Zekes holdout and pay. Just as they were with Lawrence.
I fear you are bending to maybe an extreme example but the reality is if you use a lot of resources on a player you don’t want to hear a lot of excuses. We don’t need to pay top dollar and then hear something to the effect of we got 1300 yard and 10 TD in a down year. I personally want to see 2016 Zeke back for $15 million a year with ZERO excuses. So contract does have something to do with it. But the majority of the calls for Pollard was to get him more touches because he is more explosive, not for him to be the starter

Last edited:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is it that hard to believe that Zeke is incredibly hard to tackle? Zeke is built like a brick crap house.

A linebacker saying this is one of the least shocking quotes ever.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is it that hard to believe that Zeke is incredibly hard to tackle? Zeke is built like a brick crap house.

A linebacker saying this is one of the least shocking quotes ever.
I'm not shocked, and I'm not denying the veracity of his claim. But opinions vary, so to take one player's word as gospel is premature, and in this case, biased. It's funny, when players were saying Garrett was a great coach, everyone laughed at them, but someone says something complimentary about someone they like, then it must be true.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I'm not shocked, and I'm not denying the veracity of his claim. But opinions vary, so to take one player's word as gospel is premature, and in this case, biased. It's funny, when players were saying Garrett was a great coach, everyone laughed at them, but someone says something complimentary about someone they like, then it must be true.

I’m not really questioning other people’s opinions.

But the thread isn’t really about taking something as gospel either. It’s really just one players opinion. It is what it is.

Any question like “hardest to tackle” will always have answers that are just opinions. It’s a sports bar topic. Like “who is the best QB ever” or “what’s the greatest football team ever”.

that’s all it is. A sports bar conversation.

But like I said. It’s not surprising that at least one player (probably more) thinks Zeke is the hardest RB to tackle. Zeke is a stud. His blend of size, power, running style, vision and balance make him a tough person to take to the ground. I have no doubts about that.

And well. Trent Dilfer was proven wrong, when Garrett was not the hottest commodity on the HC market.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not really questioning other people’s opinions.

But the thread isn’t really about taking something as gospel either. It’s really just one players opinion. It is what it is.

Any question like “hardest to tackle” will always have answers that are just opinions. It’s a sports bar topic. Like “who is the best QB ever” or “what’s the greatest football team ever”.

that’s all it is. A sports bar conversation.

But like I said. It’s not surprising that at least one player (probably more) thinks Zeke is the hardest RB to tackle. Zeke is a stud. His blend of size, power, running style, vision and balance make him a tough person to take to the ground. I have no doubts about that.

And well. Trent Dilfer was proven wrong, when Garrett was not the hottest commodity on the HC market.
What are you talking about? Garrett's already the Giants' new OC!
:muttley: