Dark Side of Football

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to see any part of this series? I watched a couple episodes on Vice and found it to be pretty well done. Jim McMahon is no doubt a mental case...but a tough one at that.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Concussions
He said he has 18 surgeries during his playing career. Almost internally bled out on the field until he was transported by ambulance to a hospital for what was supposed to be a removal of his lacerated kidney. He would not let them take it from him because it would have ended his career. Crazy tough.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He said he has 18 surgeries during his playing career. Almost internally bled out on the field until he was transported by ambulance to a hospital for what was supposed to be a removal of his lacerated kidney. He would not let them take it from him because it would have ended his career. Crazy tough.
Concussions with most players the biggest concern

Flamma

Reaction score
Yea, it was a big topic with the Vets interviewed on the show. That and team physicians that lied and criminally medicated to keep players on the field.

That was the problem. Putting them back on the field. I remember that one game where a Chargers WR caught a ball up the middle and got wrecked. He held on to the ball but was knocked out! It was either Charlie Joiner or Wes Chandler. But they came back into the game later on. Other examples as well. Terry Bradshaw on multiple occasions. But it made for good football.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
The Dark Side of the Ring is a good show too. It chronicles old and new professional wrestlers. I Haven’t watched any of the football ones yet.