Twitter: Darnold: "They just kind of did what they do. They do it every single week."

romothesavior

Reaction score
Think of what some of our playoff teams could have done with modern day coaches instead of playing in outdated schemes and continually being outcoached.
It honestly makes me sick thinking about the elite, "True Blue" players who have had their careers wasted during the Garrett Era.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
PAtriots have a very dynamic game plan.

They only go into a shell when the quick passing game isn't working and they run it out of a hurry up.
They run the same plays they've been running for years, and they try to disguise them with the same old plays out of different formations. Granted it's Tom Brady, but Bill Belichick comes from the same offensive philosophy as Bill Parcells.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
LOLWUT

This is so wrong that it makes me question if you should even be watching gridiron football. If you think the Patriots are just a "line up and do your thing" team then just lol, their entire identity is predicated on changing everything on the fly to catch teams wrong-footed.

The Patriots are infamous for completely changing their offensive and/or defensive approach from game to game. They go from no-huddle air raid to fullback smashmouth form game to game, sometimes drive to drive. Defensively they swap 4-3 and 3-4 with 5-2 and even 6-1 fronts, and do every combination of man and zone you can imagine. Half their success is their opponents having no idea what they're doing. Their Super Bowl defense was literally a scheme they never used and it killed the Rams.

Even in the low scoring Super Bowl, their TD scoring drive happened because they did a completely nuts offensive shift where they put out their goal line smashmouth players and had them go into spread passing formations.

If you think any Garrett coached Cowboys team was capable of that kind of thing you need your skull x-rayed.
That's a whole lot of typing for saying nothing. You obviously don't know much about the patriots. They been running the same old plays for years and as I said in another post they just run the same old plays out of different formations in an attempt to disguise them.

Everyone knows what's coming.

I'll just assume you have limited knowledge of the patriots, and are just taking what you heard from how Bill Belichick prepares for the playoffs, and or Super Bowl.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The Patriots are nothing like the Cowboys and the mere fact that you attempted to make the comparison does nothing but serve to indict your credibility.
I'd give you an answer, but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you should reread what I said, and try again?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd give you an answer, but I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you should reread what I said, and try again?

Nope.

It was a waste of time the first time, I have no desire to revisit that nonsense.

Be embarrassed that you even tried to say it.

khiladi

Reaction score
The funny thing is teams play ONE HIGH a lot against us an Dak. They dare us to beat them with Dak’s arm.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Nope.

It was a waste of time the first time, I have no desire to revisit that nonsense.

Be embarrassed that you even tried to say it.
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong point? But hey you upped your post count I know that makes you happy.

Mr_437

Reaction score
We been saying this for awhile...move to the back of the line Sam.

CB61

Reaction score
This is god awful. A mono stricken QB and his horrible coach in Adam Gase figured this soft *** team out and used it to their advantage. This team should really be ashamed of themselves. They aren’t going anywhere if they are so easily figured out.
It's not surprising and it's not anything new we've heard this from every team we play that's probably one of the biggest reasons we haven't made it past the divisional round because everybody pretty much knows what we're going to do before we do it

CB61

Reaction score
It's not surprising and it's not anything new we've heard this from every team we play that's probably one of the biggest reasons we haven't made it past the divisional round because everybody pretty much knows what we're going to do before we do it
VANILLA VANILLA VANILLA

tico

Reaction score
The 0-4 Jets led by Sam Doofus and Coach Crazy Eyes beat the Cowboys on national tv. Just amazing.
If this isn’t the low point in the Jerry Jones Jason Garrett love affair what is?
Either he has pics of something on JJ, or yes I agree they have to be lovers. These rich Billionaires are all into weird kinky stuff.

romothesavior

Reaction score
That's a whole lot of typing for saying nothing. You obviously don't know much about the patriots. They been running the same old plays for years and as I said in another post they just run the same old plays out of different formations in an attempt to disguise them.

Everyone knows what's coming.

I'll just assume you have limited knowledge of the patriots, and are just taking what you heard from how Bill Belichick prepares for the playoffs, and or Super Bowl.
This is rank nonsense.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
More like we play tic tac toe

More like Hangman.
th

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It sure looks like "defending".

I'll challenge any of these "all teams" claims with finding examples of where teams are saying things like "we knew what they were going to do 90% of the time" or "we knew their signals", or as here "thy do what they always do" about "all teams."

Show us examples about this happening with "all teams" again and again and again.
That comes down to coaching, preparation, and talent. I’m saying all teams do what they do. Other than blitzes and stunts, defenses play the same defenses you see on film. They aren’t putting in new defenses week to week. Offenses run the same plays they put in during camp, not new ones. Good coaches teach how to block a certain team’s fronts and stunts week to week and call the right plays at the right times. We aren’t coaching or playing well, but saying we do what we do is nothing that can’t be said about every team.

Guess what? The three teams we beat and the three teams that beat us did what they do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That comes down to coaching, preparation, and talent. I’m saying all teams do what they do. Other than blitzes and stunts, defenses play the same defenses you see on film. They aren’t putting in new defenses week to week. Offenses run the same plays they put in during camp, not new ones. Good coaches teach how to block a certain team’s fronts and stunts week to week and call the right plays at the right times. We aren’t coaching or playing well, but saying we do what we do is nothing that can’t be said about every team.

You will need to show me where it is "being said about every team."

I see this baseless excuse of a comment from people who can't handle the fact that their Cowboys are woefully lacking in this area. And that's all we get. No support for their claims, just talk.

So I'll politely ask again, show me where it is "being said about every team" the way it is constantly being said about the Cowboys.

I'd like to feel that we have company in this misery, but nobody can ever produce actual support for their claims. So they just end up being lame excuse attempts.