DaRon Blan at Safety?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Watching some tape on him. And my bet is he'll get a look at safety. Dude totally has the FS traits we've been wanting for years. If it turns out he's a good tackler, this secondary could be sick next year.

timb2

Reaction score
It looks like they want safeties with coverage abilities of corners.

The Realist

Reaction score
They were prepping for AB’s free agency departure when they drafted Bland.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching some tape on him. And my bet is he'll get a look at safety. Dude totally has the FS traits we've been wanting for years. If it turns out he's a good tackler, this secondary could be sick next year.
Yes, one of his INTs was in zone where he looked like a FS.

Anther INT appeared to be a busted initial coverage where Bland dropped from the other side of the field and came over to pick up coverage on the WR.
- Again, he looked like a FS on that play.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like they want safeties with coverage abilities of corners.
It is only logical in the modern pass happy NFL to have Safeties and are like CBs and LBs that are like Safeties in coverage.

You can't really go by size because the Cowboys and Quinn with Atlanta and especially with Seattle had CBs that were bigger than the Free Safety.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like Bland at FS moreso than Mukuamu.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Love the optism you guys have!

Some of us. In reality, that's all any team can have at this point. The fans have little, if any, impact on what the team does. But if they go in there thinking they'll lose, they'll probably lose. If they go in averse to losing that might help.

There are reasons to be optimistic about our team. All teams have weaknesses.

Yes, one of his INTs was in zone where he looked like a FS.

Anther INT appeared to be a busted initial coverage where Bland dropped from the other side of the field and came over to pick up coverage on the WR.
- Again, he looked like a FS on that play.

Yes, or he looked like a corner back playing free safety.. Same thing.

I can see the reasons they were interested in him, because we have guys that work for certain situations, and then his skill set adds to what we already have and gives us a potential ballhawk safety to play in pass coverage.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Some of us. In reality, that's all any team can have at this point. The fans have little, if any, impact on what the team does. But if they go in there thinking they'll lose, they'll probably lose. If they go in averse to losing that might help.

There are reasons to be optimistic about our team. All teams have weaknesses.

Yes, or he looked like a corner back playing free safety.. Same thing.

I can see the reasons they were interested in him, because we have guys that work for certain situations, and then his skill set adds to what we already have and gives us a potential ballhawk safety to play in pass coverage.
Keep on posting......

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They never said anything about safety. Last year right after the Mukuamu pick they said he was a safety.

You may be right. Maybe it's just my imagination. But he doesn't seem to have the kind of quickness we look for at corner. He has the same straight line speed as Diggs (4.42), but he plays more like a FS.

I could be wrong. I just think it'd be worth looking at him there in some packages.