Darren Waller fumbled that ball

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why, in God’s name, are you on a Cowboys message board when you so obviously hate the Cowboys? And you’re on here A LOT…some seriously messed up people on this “Fan forum”.

Yes, yes, of course. Don’t get your whine validated then scream, “you’re not a real fan” as if that fear of yours is also mine and that I need for random internet people to not be upset with me. I don’t. I simply counter whines with the truth when I see it and see what the slanted whiners choose to do with it. As expected, denial is the name of the game for most. No one’s stopping you from your slanted takes. Have at ‘em.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The whistle wasn't blown. The officials on the field did not rule it an incomplete pass. That decision wasn't made until after the ball was recovered and run out of bounds. I don't know if it's true or not, but allegedly the decision came from NY directly. I don't know if they can just intervene like that or not, but it was sketchy as Hell...and I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all.

Page 6 for the rule I posted, Page 8 for the video of McCarthy's press conference where he confirmed that NY reviewed it because "all turnovers are reviewed." It's allowed per the rules.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol...im not hung up on anything. Im now almost 52 years old. At least 15 years ago I finally learned to never let these games impact my life. None of us get paid by the Cowboys if they win.

i didn’t say you were. i explained my position

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The whistle wasn't blown. The officials on the field did not rule it an incomplete pass. That decision wasn't made until after the ball was recovered and run out of bounds. I don't know if it's true or not, but allegedly the decision came from NY directly. I don't know if they can just intervene like that or not, but it was sketchy as Hell...and I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all.

Good lord. The officials on the field literally called it incomplete. Please pay attention

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
When posting the actual rules drives people to getting mad, you know you've painted someone in a corner they can't maneuver from. Your tinfoil boy there lied after being confronted with his own set of rules he posted while accusing me of making stuff up. But your internet toughness notwithstanding, how was this a fumble per the rules?

Get out of this forum troll.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I call them as I see them and will fully admit when I'm wrong or if the call was wrong or right by the official no matter the team. They got stuff wrong yesterday, clearly. This was not one of them.

You call it out of your ace and always in favor of trash officiating.

Get out of here troll.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Exactly. Some penalties are blatant. Some are judgement calls. You can't tell me all officials are unbiased, impartial or righteous.
From the beginning of the game I had a feeling they would make calls and keep the game close. Towards the end I knew they would make sure we lost the game. The OT drive I had a glimmer of hope we may pull it out. Dak has to start using his legs when no one is open..

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I call them as I see them and will fully admit when I'm wrong or if the call was wrong or right by the official no matter the team. They got stuff wrong yesterday, clearly. This was not one of them.

You are utter trash.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
From the beginning of the game I had a feeling they would make calls and keep the game close. Towards the end I knew they would make sure we lost the game. The OT drive I had a glimmer of hope we may pull it out. Dak has to start using his legs when no one is open..

I'd like him to use his legs more. That's what would get the other side stuck because they had to account for his legs. Now, they don't. Using his legs more would help him get more open.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Since when is 3 steps the rule?
It's only one possible qualifier of the rule, if none of the other qualifiers are achieved. The third step is not necessary if any other "football move" is made, such as turning upfield, tucking the ball away, reaching the ball out, or avoiding a player.

CB0711

Reaction score
Yes, yes, of course. Don’t get your whine validated then scream, “you’re not a real fan” as if that fear of yours is also mine and that I need for random internet people to not be upset with me. I don’t. I simply counter whines with the truth when I see it and see what the slanted whiners choose to do with it. As expected, denial is the name of the game for most. No one’s stopping you from your slanted takes. Have at ‘em.
It is clear you have an obvious agenda that has nothing to do with the truth. And no one takes any of your “truths” seriously because of how extremely slanted your takes are. Honestly…get a life man! It must be sad to be so obsessed with such a trivial matter. Just my “take” lol

FVSTONE

Reaction score
There were many, many, many bad calls but the Waller fumble that was called an incomplete pass was as bad as the Dez catch/no catch. Waller had the ball and was heading up the field when Jayron Kearse knocked that ball out of his hand.
Unfortunately, MM was using the little red flap for a snot rag and had nothing to thrown to challenge the call......................

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
One thing I don't get is why we don't use the read option more. I think adding that in and allowing Dak to use his legs could be critical. Designed runs could help him be more confident in running.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
People with eyes can see your interpretation that he was already running up field when he caught the ball is in fact false and dishonest Mr. Marcus. The Replay shows that as he caught the ball Waller had his back turned to Kearse (and his head turned toward the ball and the QB) and was running parallel to the sideline. To say otherwise makes you a liar and if as I suspect you are some sort of sports official if you are that dishonest you are unqualified even to ref at the high school level you likely officiate at. Based on your interpretation of what running up field actually is' it is indisputably clear that your assertion that he was already running up field before or when he caught is flat wrong otr plainly deceitful. I'm done wasting my time on a dishonest little phony chicken **** like you.. I don't like putting people on ignore (if that is an option here now) but will if need be. Don't debate Marcus he is a troll and there is nothing you can say to change his mind about any fact or reality for that reason alone. He is no different than a Stephen A Smith character Don't waste your time on him or his views. He just wants the attention.

boysbeyond4ever

Reaction score
Anyway back to a genuine discussion here....

The thing is either the replay booth in NY screwed up the 2021 NFL rules or just flat-out failed to actually see what they were ruling on.as clearly Waller is running across the field turned back toward the direction of the pass as he receives it. You cannot be running up field in that instance. Now if it was more of a slant with the ball thrown out in front on him one could argue he was running up field before or during the catch. This was a short crossing route - if anything Waller was moving slightly backward and toward the ball to meet it backward as he caught it to enable himself to turn up field once he did catch it because as the film shows the ball was thrown slightly behind him not out in front where he could just continue into his run up field naturally and with burst. He is already clear of Kearse and because he caught the ball thrown behind him he cuts back into Kearse rather than running away from him as he would if that ball had been thrown out in front him and he actually was running up field when he caught it.

The question is given that they can review this in the same level of detail and minutiae unlike the on-field officials how they still missed it. And I actually though at full speed it was incomplete

Last edited: