Video: Darren Woodson: "Players/Coaches trust Dak more than they ever did Romo"

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why must fans continue to try and compare a 3 year player with one who played over a decade and is retired? Good god.
Maybe compare both of their first years, but 3 to an entire career is stupid.

erod

Reaction score
I played Division 1 football, did you?
The fact that you think that means anything is telling.

Some of the most ridiculously stupid and undisciplined people I know were college and professional players.

Means nothing.

And people who have to tell people they played college ball are all, well, searching.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I LOVE WOODY..but man, I cannot agree with him on this one. Until I see it, I can't believe it. Dak is my guy, but more than Romo? I'm not drinking the kool aid on the trust thing yet. They trust him ENOUGH..and so Im willing to agree to that...but that's all. More than Romo? that's a big reach...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Some of the most ridiculously stupid and undisciplined people I know were college and professional players.

Means nothing.

And people who have to tell people they played college ball are all, well, searching.
This comment is telling. You act as if you're gods gift to the free world, you don't think that those who have actually played matters at?
You know more from your couch?

TheFinisher

Reaction score

Means nothing.

Not nearly as bad as someone who thinks they know the game because of a high activity level on an online message board, but hey, stay bitter.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
When you can't logically prove something, just throw some cliche words out there: "leader of men", "we have faith in him", "has it", "intangibles", "there's something about him", "lead us to the promise land", "football player", "universe on the line", yada, yada, yada.

These ex post facto rationalizations that Woodson has heard through the company grapevine so to speak sound like toeing the company line of Garrett's abysmally illogical decision to start a rookie QB over a seasoned veteran with the 4th highest QB rating ever in the league for the best chance this team has had in the recent past to win a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Darren is not saying he believes it, he’s saying this is the STORYLINE being fed in Jerry’s World and it actually reveals how incompetent and back-stabbing this organization is. How else you going to sell this decision, other than going back to the old, “he takes risks and turns the ball over, goofball image” of old, when Garrett homers used to blame Tony for the former not knowing how to call plays or run the ball..

You guys diagnose these type of interviews like Dak reads the field.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
People that appeal to ESPN propaganda to deny Romo was a notorious choker despite indisputable evidence to suggest the contrary are like those who reject the holocaust. Caught up in a delusion that only you and a select few other weirdos share. The rest of us live in reality and see Romo for what he was.
:rolleyes: Godwin's law rears its head.

links18

Reaction score
Was this clip from 2016?

Woody pushing some faux media controversy line is kind of disappointing to see. :huh:

Blake

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Godwin's law rears its head.

What means of comparison would please you then? Those who deny 9/11? Watergate? JFK? That the sky is blue? That the earth is round instead of flat? That Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492?

The evidence of Romo being a career choker is clear and dry to those that aren't overly sentimental about the guy.

Blake

Reaction score
Not nearly as bad as someone who thinks they know the game because of a high activity level on an online message board, but hey, stay bitter.

Some of these people derive their sense of self-importance from the perceived "clout" they obtain on this message board. It's sad really.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coincidence? Weird way to say it... Romo did not just lose his starting position that season— his career was over.

He handled that transition as graciously as he possibly could have— and earned respect around the league and media for doing so.

Not sure why you are trying to say otherwise. He could have pouted at the FO or demanded an outright release... he served the best interest of the team that was in the midst of a contending season, and refused to be a distraction when he most certainly could have made it “about himself” in that moment
1. Romo's football career was not over. He chose to retire. It was more a reflection of what Dallas meant to him and not so much the fallacies some people weakly attempt to stick to him.
2. Romo neither needed to pout nor make demands. His unprecedented November 2016 concession speech summed up what happened contextually and professionally. Romo took the high road. Such endeavors are often considered admirable by observers.
3. Romo is extremely intelligent and ambitious. He knew his career options beyond Dallas were never limited, profitable, noteworthy and fulfilling. Romo's young broadcasting career is a testament to that fact.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
This explains why the Cowboys like him more than the fans. We are looking only at on the field performance. They are looking at the whole picture. Now can he get better at his mechanics and his ability to read the field? That is the key question that is really hard to tell from watching him in year 3. It is something we all feel like we know but if we are honest we don't. Now rip me too pieces telling me that you know he is a dumpster fire and that I'm an idiot for saying we don't know. I know it's coming :facepalm:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What means of comparison would please you then? Those who deny 9/11? Watergate? JFK? That the sky is blue? That the earth is round instead of flat? That Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492?

The evidence of Romo being a career choker is clear and dry to those that aren't overly sentimental about the guy.
"Career choker" is a made up pejorative. It has no basis in reality. Every QB that never won a SB is then a career choker, e.g., Dan Marino, Archie Manning, or Dan Fouts. Every QB that had a game on the line but could not "win" it (as if it is all dependent upon one player) is a "career choker". It's a simplistic over-simplification of a game where winning championships is due to an organization, from scouting, personnel management, coaching on both sides of the ball, and players on down.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
What a load of crap.

Every player on that offense would trade Task for a healthy Romo on a nanosecond.

Receivers like catchable balls thrown in time downfield.
Tony would just throw to written.

Dak is 3rd on the list of QBs who hit different receivers

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This doesn’t move the needle much.

Perceived intangibles and “it” factor are great for character makeup, but this is a show me game. Bottom line, Dak needs to perform on the field consistently.

Blake

Reaction score
"Career choker" is a made up pejorative. It has no basis in reality. Every QB that never won a SB is then a career choker, e.g., Dan Marino, Archie Manning, or Dan Fouts. Every QB that had a game on the line but could not "win" it (as if it is all dependent upon one player) is a "career choker". It's a simplistic over-simplification of a game where winning championships is due to an organization, from scouting, personnel management, coaching on both sides of the ball, and players on down.

*Yawn*The fact that you are grasping at straws and comparing Romo to QBs that actually made it to the Hall of Fame is laughable. News flash, ring of honor is as good as it's ever going to get for Romo, by and large due to the "glitch" and him choking in big moments.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nobody actually believes this, not even Woody. He wants it to be true and the coaches might want it to be true, but it isn't. I get it. Dak is the current QB and Romo isn't. Woody wishes well for Dallas so he's taking the 1 bird he has in his hand over the 2 birds he saw in the bush 3 years ago.

erod

Reaction score
This comment is telling. You act as if you're gods gift to the free world, you don't think that those who have actually played matters at?
You know more from your couch?
Being a backup guard for UT San Antonio doesn't mean you understand the game.

Lou Holtz didn't play. There are lots of athletes who played who are completely clueless. Did you never play sports? Some really stupid people are in that mix.