David Irving - do we want him back?

glimmerman

Reaction score
At DT yes. If he can keep his mouth shut. I think MM will be able to deal with these type of players better. Somebody will try him and he will make a example out of them.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hell no! He quit on the team. His issues aren't just with smoking, either, believe he had some issues with domestic violence.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Weed isn't a suspension any longer, as long as they get counseling. Randy does that on his own, so that shouldn't be an issue for him. Now I don't think anyone could count on Irving to get the counseling, but they don't want him back anyway. Irving burned bridges, he faked an injury and took their money in his final season - if you can call it that.
Gregory and Smith didnt go on twiiter and other recourses and trash the Dc and the NFL while smoking and tell them all the bug ** I dont need you and will never come back,.hes more of a issues because of his need to heard.Kaprnick type will cause issues in the locker room.. we dotn forget these things and neither do officials in the nfl..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Irving is a DT.
they are all on the same side of the ball and DT DE are moved around a lot AS allegedly got big enough to move inside im saying you cant have 3 reinstated players always on the edge of suspension in the same group of relied upon positions..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hell no! He quit on the team. His issues aren't just with smoking, either, believe he had some issues with domestic violence.
He was cleared of the DV accusations. He has a crazy ex that fights MMA and she's admitted to making it up.

Reactions: BAT

cern

Reaction score
he is free to torment any team he chooses. just hope it isn't the cowboys.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
If your going to go totally unreliable you take Irving, Gregory, and Smith. Waste developing Joe Jackson, Jelk, and the other DL you drafted and signed as UDFA.

Irving is still under the rights of the Cowboys and they have interest.

“[Head coach Jason Garrett] told me I should just quit, smoke all the weed I want, the team didn’t need me,” Irving told USA TODAY Sports in a wide-ranging phone interview Thursday. “I’m a distraction to the team.

“He views marijuana as a drug, whereas I view it as a medicine. It’s not a good situation.”

“Basically, Jerry, he is supportive of me,” Irving said, adding Jones didn’t agree with all parts of the league substance-abuse policies. “He understands my situation and what I was dealing with. Our hands were pretty much tied. His hands were tied.”

This is what makes Jerry the Dumbo GM Jones.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT
Reaction score
On my 130th birthday there will still be threads about David Irving coming back to the Cowboys.

Flying cars......trips to the moon for the weekend....zero CO2 emissions......Stephen Jones long dead from old age......and David Irving coming back to Dallas threads.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently it's the organization as whole. Could have something to do with how things were handled with Jerry not completely sure, but I can tell
you his trainer is working with him as I type this and confirmed that it's an absolute no go coming back to our beloved cowboys. You will see
him play again though as long as he is reinstated that you count on. If you want to watch the video where Brandon talks about this
here is the video...

I appreciate you sharing the info but color me surprised if Irving plays anywhere in the NFL again.

He doesn't care about football and the NFL knows it.