David Irving - do we want him back?

johneric8

Reaction score
I appreciate you sharing the info but color me surprised if Irving plays anywhere in the NFL again.

He doesn't care about football and the NFL knows it.

I agree from what I've seen, but if you watch the video his trainer seems to be giddy when he talks about his return. Kind of like it's a forgone conclusion.
You and I both know that many teams would take a chance on him as good as he is, and don't be surprised if it's the Eagles. Apparently he has a bone
against the cowboys, not sure why.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree from what I've seen, but if you watch the video his trainer seems to be giddy when he talks about his return. Kind of like it's a forgone conclusion.
You and I both know that many teams would take a chance on him as good as he is, and don't be surprised if it's the Eagles. Apparently he has a bone
against the cowboys, not sure why.

Here's what I think will happen:

1. As is his pattern, Irving will put in the minimum amount of work, both for reinstatement and for getting back in football shape
  2. NFL teams won't risk real money on a guy with his track record. He will have to sign a low-level 'prove it deal' which won't be enough for a lazy guy like Irving to put in the work required
  3. As a result, his NFL return never happens

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't really think I do. He would have to be like 180 from who he was before. JMO

johneric8

Reaction score
Here's what I think will happen:

1. As is his pattern, Irving will put in the minimum amount of work, both for reinstatement and for getting back in football shape
  2. NFL teams won't risk real money on a guy with his track record. He will have to sign a low-level 'prove it deal' which won't be enough for a lazy guy like Irving to put in the work required
  3. As a result, his NFL return never happens

Based on his track record there is a good chance of him following the same up and down patterns, and I'm sure most of this is because of his drug use unfortunately.
Hopefully, he gets his act together and uses his talents before they dry up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Based on his track record there is a good chance of him following the same up and down patterns, and I'm sure most of this is because of his drug use unfortunately.
Hopefully, he gets his act together and uses his talents before they dry up.

When I look at other guys like Smith trying to do the same and return, I see a desire, and motivation. I don't see or hear any of that from Irving. Instead I see a guy who repeatedly used any and every excuse he could find NOT to work or play football.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I have inside info that Irving is definitely coming back this year and playing, it's a done deal, but he would never consider the Cowboys organization again. You will see him with another team 100%. If you want to know where the info comes from it's his trainer Brandon Smith.
The Cowboys don't own his rights?

dallasdave

Reaction score
When I look at other guys like Smith trying to do the same and return, I see a desire, and motivation. I don't see or hear any of that from Irving. Instead I see a guy who repeatedly used any and every excuse he could find NOT to work or play football.
Well said indeed Sir. Let him work at Mickey D's :lmao: