Video: David Irving goes in on Jason Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
No he did not but that statement alone burns with the insinuations of someone with that mentality. How do I know? Heard it, lived it and been around it for most of my adolescent and early adulthood life!
Wait what? So you got upset and called him a loser because he blamed someone else for his failures and now you are admitting that he didn't blame anyone else for his failures yet your still upset because you insinuate that he may be someone with that mentality?

That some stretch.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Last 30 seconds told me all I need to know about Irving. I still think Garrett needs to be replaced, but I'm on his side with this one.

Full interview:

That's my head coach......sniff sniff. Don't talk about my head coach like that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Imagine taking ANYTHING David Irving says seriously.
at fault: ISU police, His baby momma, the NFL, Jason Garrett, fans who expected him to love football, weed for being too good, practice for occurring at all., Texas for not being in California near his home, California for not being near Texas
not at fault: David Irving

Yet some are taking the race-card bait.......

giphy.gif

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett has shown his best ability is uniting and relating to these football players in a way that gets, those who want to play, ready to fight their tails off. I doubt few people who played sports without irvings talent can understand why he'd waste his raw ability when he has a chance to set his great grandkids up for life. Most of us fans wish we could be heath much less have irvings ability when he gives it his all. I certainly dont get why you play a sport so long that you didnt like, cause it wasn't for the education or money, or love of the game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The ignorant thing is he brags about being good enough to not have to work as hard, lmao.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I didn't miss that. I don't care about the suspensions, in this conversation, you do.

My point is that JG doesn't like guys who are different. He wouldn't like Marhsawn just as he didn't like Marty B.
LMAO. Marty B. The same Marty B stupid enough to publicly make fried chicken and watermelon jokes? That Marty B? He was a tool and the guy that didn't like him was Witten because he wouldn't listen to anyone, runs in the family. Talk about an awesome person throwing talent away. And I think Garrett would have been fine with Lynch, he showed up to play.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly, Garrett is not a great Coach IMO. I mean, I don't think he is terrible either, I just think that he is OK. However, he is a HC in the National Football League. I mean, I realize that I haven't Coached or Played in several years now but when did it become unusual or unacceptable for a Football Coach to line you out? I mean, who hasn't had a Football Coach tell you stuff that wasn't exactly kind? LOL.............

In the interview, Irving says that there were only two Coaches who he didn't really get along with, or some such thing. I find that very hard to believe. Football Coaches in general chew your arse and that's just how it works. I don't care if you suck or if you are great, at some point, a Coach is going to ride you because they want to see how much you got. They want to get as much out of you as they possibly can. That's the game. If that's changed, please tell me cause none of what Irvin said there rings true to me.

JMO

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lemme ask y'all this one question. Has Garrett ever failed to clap for, butt slap or shove any player of color in the pads as much as the others?

The fact that this would even be debated here is ludicrous and this player was given every opportunity to get with the program like 99% of all the other players.

Garrett is guilty of what most of us are guilty of, the inability of someone not to see the opportunity for them and the help offered and basically throw that back in their face. Different strokes but that man was living the dream that most men would have loved for just a short period of time, just to feel that feeling. It's why we watch, that's me in that uniform doing things I could only even imagine. For someone to just throw that away upsets us more than just losing a player.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lemme ask y'all this one question. Has Garrett ever failed to clap for, butt slap or shove any player of color in the pads as much as the others?

The fact that this would even be debated here is ludicrous and this player was given every opportunity to get with the program like 99% of all the other players.

Garrett is guilty of what most of us are guilty of, the inability of someone not to see the opportunity for them and the help offered and basically throw that back in their face. Different strokes but that man was living the dream that most men would have loved for just a short period of time, just to feel that feeling. It's why we watch, that's me in that uniform doing things I could only even imagine. For someone to just throw that away upsets us more than just losing a player.
Sad thing is that he all that talent and didn’t even like to play the game. But not smart enough to realize that just a few more seasons and he would never have to work again.

And yes I would love to have had his opportunity. I may have done stupid things at his age but I would have played.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Wait what? So you got upset and called him a loser because he blamed someone else for his failures and now you are admitting that he didn't blame anyone else for his failures yet your still upset because you insinuate that he may be someone with that mentality?

That some stretch.

Yes I absolutely called him a loser I admitted that he did not DIRECTLY blame Garrett but stated that his comments is typically of the side shot innuendos I hear from people that blame others.

I have been around the David Irvin’s all my life and I wouldn’t expect you to get it. There are a lot of people from my culture who read his comments and immediately blamed Garret as being against him and helped him to fail as they are the same ones always blaming society and every thing else but there own actions.

I stated my opinions and I’m done with this conversation as again I don’t think you’ll ever understand.

SackMaster

Reaction score
After listening to the COMPLETE interview, I don't understand why this thread is 7 pages deep (at the time of my post) of almost unanimous David Irving bashing.
  • He makes a good point about NFL approved, and highly addictive, opioids vs "alternative" methods of medicating.
    • While I cannot speak on this from a first hand perspective, but I think the NFL is a pretty physically punishing job, but your options SHOULD NOT be limited to "highly addictive" pain relievers, or nothing at all.
      • It would almost be like you stubbing your toe at work and your only options were amputate or just deal with it, but if you take a Tylenol you will get in trouble.
    • Note: Before anyone thinks I'm pro/against Marijauna, I really don't care. I only smoked once in my life (late 20's) and don't know what the big fuss is either for or against.
  • I did not hear him blame anyone for him leaving the NFL except for the NFL's refusal to allow weed as a pain relief option.
    • He wants to change that and he stated the option for him was to quit and try to change things from the outside.
  • His comparison of the talent levels of guys like Jason Garrett and himself are pretty accurate.
    • Some people need to bust their butts to barely make a team, and other can sleep on the sidelines between series before making an amazing run (Barry Sanders)
    • He is full of himself, but very few world class athletes are.
  • He gave his opinion on why he believes Garrett not not liked by many within the Cowboys organization.
    • The "not comfortable around people-of-color" statement was a poor choice of words, but he did make it clear he did not believe Jason Garrett is racist.
      • I can see this as a "Race Card" play, or maybe Irving believes most/all people-of-color are like him and since Garrett did not seem to like him, he is the same with everybody Irving identifies with.
      • Again, poor choice of words, but that is the guys opinion and I, as a individual, self-thinking, human being, I don't have to agree. See next point:
    • But for myself, even as a "Garrett hater", I would have to disagree with his OPINION due to the history of the team never seems to quit.
    • Just like some of my coworkers does not like my direct manager, but I think my manger is awesome.
      • My opinion doesn't invalidate theirs, and theirs has no effect on mine.
      • They have, in all likelihood, had different interactions with my manager than myself, so why should I get mad at them for their OPINION? Amazing, right?
  • Last, as far as him "talking too much", what the hell is he supposed to do in an interview?
    • The show wanted to talk to him and Irving talked. If you don't like what Irving had to say, good for you. But to complain about him talking in an interview is more than childish IMO.

But outside of the "people-of-color" comment, I did not see anything to get upset about. And even the "people-of-color" comment was not THAT bad.

Feel free to hate on me for not wanting to sting up Irving by the neck, and just in case I need to reiterate, this post is JMHO and its OK if you have your own.

DISCLAIMER
All views expressed by the poster known as "SackMaster" do not necessarily reflect the official opinions or position of the website CowboysZone.com. All opinions are that of the poster known as "SackMaster" and should be addressed as such.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Honestly, Garrett is not a great Coach IMO. I mean, I don't think he is terrible either, I just think that he is OK. However, he is a HC in the National Football League. I mean, I realize that I haven't Coached or Played in several years now but when did it become unusual or unacceptable for a Football Coach to line you out? I mean, who hasn't had a Football Coach tell you stuff that wasn't exactly kind? LOL.............

In the interview, Irving says that there were only two Coaches who he didn't really get along with, or some such thing. I find that very hard to believe. Football Coaches in general chew your arse and that's just how it works. I don't care if you suck or if you are great, at some point, a Coach is going to ride you because they want to see how much you got. They want to get as much out of you as they possibly can. That's the game. If that's changed, please tell me cause none of what Irvin said there rings true to me.

JMO

Frankly I think Jason should be tougher on these guys. Irving did not like Jason? he would have hated Jimmy. lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Frankly I think Jason should be tougher on these guys. Irving did not like Jason? he would have hated Jimmy. lol

Honestly, I don't think we would have ever known if he liked Jimmy or not. I don't remember ever reading a lot of interviews from the Asthma Field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think we would have ever known if he liked Jimmy or not. I don't remember ever reading a lot of interviews from the Asthma Field.

I know Jimmy let a lot of what Leon Lett did slide and I know Jimmy knew what was going on with players away from the field, but Jimmy did expect all out effort when it came to practice or games players were expected to be there and be on time and once there you worked your ars off or you did not say long

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know Jimmy let a lot of what Leon Lett did slide and I know Jimmy knew what was going on with players away from the field, but Jimmy did expect all out effort when it came to practice or games players were expected to be there and be on time and once there you worked your ars off or you did not say long

100% true. The issue here is the League, it's not the Coaches, per say, when it comes to the weed. Jimmy never cared about that stuff. But, Jimmy demanded that you put the work in and if you didn't, he was going to make it hurt, right up to the point where he sent you packing. The thing about Leon, he liked him because Leon worked his butt off. Jimmy respected that from players. Jimmy would have hated Irving IMO. He would have clearly seen the talent but I think he would have chewed him up and spit him out because Jimmy would not have liked his less then committed practice habits. Honestly, Jimmy wouldn't have given a hang about smoking weed, unless you got caught IMO. He would have been all about how hard and how far you were willing to go on the Football field.

JMO

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
isn't there a book called How to influence friends and win over your enemies? Something like that? … well, lets just say Irving didn't get his copy.
Bob Dylan Half***ed incorporated something similar along those lines, in verse, I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.