David Irving in trouble for drug-test failure

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound131, Jan 11, 2019.

1. DakBringMeBack

DakBringMeBack Well-Known Member

665 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    If he wins a super bowl ring, he wouldn't own it long

LocimusPrime and Buzzbait like this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

28,903 Messages
    22,329 Likes Received
    Fork.

LocimusPrime and stasheroo like this.
  3. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

2,035 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Why IR? Just cut the guy and bring in somebody who wants to play. They've given Irving plenty of help and plenty of time, but he doesn't want it and doesn't care. He wants to be an unemployed drug addict, give him what he wants and say good bye.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  4. TwentyOne

TwentyOne Well-Known Member

4,875 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received

If this rumor becomes truth, i am finished with this guy.

Cut him.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  5. cristglo

cristglo Well-Known Member

498 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    he has let his teammates down and even sean lee has came out and tried to reach out to him. Im Not being spiteful Im being honest the people that have been there deserve it. NOT showing up is all I need to KNOW

LocimusPrime, stasheroo and Buzzbait like this.
  6. cristglo

498 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    For every one you post I can post one to lol We will just say we disagree and leave it at that. :)
    i dont smoke Pot or do drugs All i was trying to say was that because it was becoming legal and will be legal in most states that the NFL will have to revise their policy. As of NOW every NFL player has signed an agreement with the NFL that they would NOT smoke weed and therefore they shouldnt and if they do they should take action against said player. I could go on about how the NFL caused a lot of drug addiction with the pain pills they let go on but they are trying to correct it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    LocimusPrime likes this.
  7. Buzzbait

2,035 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    I agree there's no need for spite; True the guy has issues, but he's free to choose and he's made that choice. Give him what he's chosen and say good bye.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  8. cristglo

498 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    I do agree and if you sign that I agree. All i was saying was that there is going to come a time when they will change these rules. Maybe they will come up with a way to test you to see if you recently smoked as like drinking. You cant drink and drive you cant go to work drunk. What people do on their own time like drinking which is legal or smoking a joint if its legal or if its
    prescribed. I dont care about people smoking pot i dont smoke pot all i was saying is I think the stance on smoking pot will be revised SOMEday lol

LocimusPrime likes this.
  9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

9,765 Messages
    9,805 Likes Received
    If the federal government decriminalizes it instead of leaving it up to the states then there is a chance it becomes much like alcohol. If the made it legal and taxed it then it could cut our deficit in half. Lol. But anyways, the NFL would have to change there rules. In Florida now you can get a medical card and smoke it, but it’s right to work state also. So even if you have a card to legally smoke it it’s still illegal on there list of employment substances and a fail test results in firing. At least the NFL gives you several chances after the failed test. That makes me optimistic that they may take it off there list if the nation wide rules change.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

5,730 Messages
    7,939 Likes Received
    The NFL won't change their anti-pot policy. I guarantee you they won't for various reasons.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  11. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

9,774 Messages
    3,318 Likes Received
    A lot of people said the same about Gregory. Even if he signs with another team next year could we possibly get a comp pick?

LocimusPrime likes this.
  12. Buzzbait

2,035 Messages
    1,825 Likes Received
    Gregory WANTS to play. Irving isn't even showing up for anything. Not even trying. That's on Irving. You can't help somebody that doesn't want help.

13. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,584 Messages
    4,202 Likes Received
    Hes an idiot, ditch that clown...what a waste of talent

LocimusPrime and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  14. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

3,975 Messages
    6,657 Likes Received
    Hopefully another team can help him get his sheet together. The Cowboys can't risk having multiple players with "issues" under contract.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  15. catiii

catiii Well-Known Member

480 Messages
    553 Likes Received
    "We like our guys." Exactly the sort of player our FO will allow to play, and even sign to an extension. :clap::muttley::popcorn:

LocimusPrime likes this.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

20,240 Messages
    12,167 Likes Received
    I don't know. He doesn't seem to be particularly intelligent or self-motivated. With the skills he's shown, he could have been one of the highest-paid defensive linemen in the game for a few years and then walked away set for life. He's been self-destructive at least since his college days.

LocimusPrime and stasheroo like this.
  17. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
  18. Nightman

Nightman Capologist

27,135 Messages
    24,058 Likes Received
    Exactly why they shouldn't cut him.....take the Comp Pick......put him on IR

LocimusPrime and Jarv like this.
  19. rnr_honeybadger

rnr_honeybadger Well-Known Member

1,989 Messages
    2,147 Likes Received
    All that talent wasted over crazy women and drugs. What a moron, idiot had a golden ticket to a better life.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  20. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
    Assuming the report above is true, I'm just happy to hear any indication that the coaching staff has veto power... remembering a few weeks ago when, as I recall, it was reported that JJ demanded of his coaching staff that Zeke get the week off vs NYG.