David Irving in trouble for drug-test failure

John813

Reaction score
Lol.. He isn’t done. JJ will give him another chance. How many did Gregory have?

He is an UFA though. Gregory got suspended his second year on, during a 4 year ELC.

Jerry may give him another chance but we'll see how the offseason goes.

Have a feeling more could be leaked during the offseason if he doesn't re-sign.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
A damn shame, especially when it's screwing up his kid's future as well. Too bad for her that she has no say in the fact that her father is a lazy moron.
And apparently the mother is so twisted she can't even gain custody over him.
Poor kid!!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
This is insane. we don’t want him on the roster but he needs help overall.

links18

Reaction score
He has personal problems, who could reasonably expect him to show up for a drug test?

CB61

Reaction score

from the link:

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving has missed "multiple'' mandatory drug tests in the last two months, sources tell me, putting in jeopardy not only any chance he has of participating with this team during the NFL Playoffs but also his chance of playing in the league anytime soon.

Irving's off-field life continues to be plagued by legal turmoil largely related to conflict with his ex-girlfriend, with whom he shares a young daughter. And his on-field efforts have been marred in part by a high ankle sprain he sustained in practice on Nov. 2. But since incurring that injury, Irving has rarely shown up for work here inside The Star -- not only missing participation in practices, but also declining to attend practice as an observer, declining to attend meetings or watch film, and declining to accept rehab help with the ankle and encouragement to stay active in the weight room.

"He's just sort of checked out,'' one person close to the situation tells me.

I said it a week ago that he has personal issues I also like smoking weed more than he does playing in the NFL doesn't surprise me that's his choice oh, but it's a darn shame he is one hell of a football player just can't put it all together

CB61

Reaction score
I said it a week ago that he has personal issues I also like smoking weed more than he does playing in the NFL doesn't surprise me that's his choice oh, but it's a darn shame he is one hell of a football player just can't put it all together
I don't also like smoking weed I meant to say he likes smoking weed yes I used to I got over it many years ago too bad he couldn't

CB61

Reaction score
I don't also like smoking weed I meant to say he likes smoking weed yes I used to I got over it many years ago too bad he couldn't
Also I don't need it I prefer the legally prescribed benzodiazepines LOL

CB61

Reaction score
Also I don't need it I prefer the legally prescribed benzodiazepines LOL
My psychiatrist likes to rotate them haldol Prozac, Xanax Etc quite the experience when you rotate them!

And yes I am just kidding

plymkr

Reaction score
good point. it would be sickening to see him get a super bowl ring should we be so fortunate. he did nothing to help win.
Put an asterisk on his. Or a DNP by his name.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He has not failed a drug test he has failed to take one and the NFL has strict rules on when you are notified and how long you have to report.

ShortRound

Reaction score

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I did not expect a Gregory like turn around with him. Gregory wants football as part of his life, and it shows.

It took Gregory years to get to that point – and Jerry stood by him through it all.

Irving hasn't had to spend time away like that yet.

Maybe it's in him, I have no idea.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

:hammer:.....Think the Cowboys moved on months ago....and knew about this...hence the "injury' designation. The thing I question is the timing by the media. Funny how it's trying to throw the Cowboys team under the bus just a day away from it's biggest playoff game in years.

I don't think this effects the team in any way... shape or form.

If anything...like you said...It's closure..and one less distraction. Cowboys will be fine @ DT. It's been a commitee anyway...and honestly it opens up a spot in the rotation for Armstrong @ DE...because I think they move Crawford back to DT.

They will be ok.

DT...Woods, Collins, Crawford, Reid and Ross

DE...Lawerence, Taco, Gregory and Armstrong

cristglo

Reaction score
I mean, we don't need to be spiteful either. Seems like the guy has real issues. I'm okay with whatever the team does but that doesn't mean I have to be petty.
I dont see it as being spiteful or petty. The way I look at it yes he has problems I get it but he has let his team down his brothers who have tried to stand by him have tried to reach out to him. He has refused to come and rehab refused to come to meetings watch film even call his brothers or coaches back that have reached out to him. He is not doing anything to help himself or his daughter who he claims he is fighting for. Not going for his drug test is not being a responsible Parent or Team mate. He has not only let his team and brothers down he is letting his daughter down. The guys that have been playing hard playing hurt they are the ones that deserve a ring give his spot to someone who truly wants to be there. he dont?