David Irving in trouble for drug-test failure

LittleD

Reaction score
If this is true, cut him before we get a SB win. Don't give him anything he didn't earn.

If the team can, I would make an example of this "bum" and just cut him. He needs to visit the real world on the street and face those real
unemployment lines.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
First sack he makes next season and everyone here talking **** about him will be "happy he turned his life around" blah blah blah. He hasn't killed anyone, hasn't hurt anyone as far as I've seen. He's in a bad place with his REAL life and we literally know nothing about his situation. Yea, he's annoyed me too but man this fan base is something. I guarantee one year ago today most of you hating on Irving probably wanted Gregory cut and now he's a huge reason this defense is on the verge of greatness. If Irving gets his life figured out and shows up to camp next season ready to go, then I sure as hell am okay with it. Man, it's amazing how ****** people are to other people.

Link ?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

from the link:

FRISCO - Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving has missed "multiple'' mandatory drug tests in the last two months, sources tell me, putting in jeopardy not only any chance he has of participating with this team during the NFL Playoffs but also his chance of playing in the league anytime soon.

Irving's off-field life continues to be plagued by legal turmoil largely related to conflict with his ex-girlfriend, with whom he shares a young daughter. And his on-field efforts have been marred in part by a high ankle sprain he sustained in practice on Nov. 2. But since incurring that injury, Irving has rarely shown up for work here inside The Star -- not only missing participation in practices, but also declining to attend practice as an observer, declining to attend meetings or watch film, and declining to accept rehab help with the ankle and encouragement to stay active in the weight room.

"He's just sort of checked out,'' one person close to the situation tells me.

This is such a surprise. Shocking even.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Link
Oxv6l7O.jpg

cristglo

Reaction score
No, the league doesn't nor should it change their stance on pot simply because some states have. A recent study shows crime and accidents have risen dramatically in those 4 states where pot is now legalized.
Dont know where you got your info from but that is incorrect.
However, a study published in The Economic Journal in June 2017 by Gavrilova, Kamada, and Zoutman, reported a 12.5% decrease in violent crime (including murder, aggravated assaults, and robberies) in counties close to the Mexican border
A study by economist Davide Dragone was published in the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization and focused on the difference in crime rates between the states of Washington and Oregon in 2013 and 2014. Marijuana was legal in Washington by that stage, but illegal in neighboring Oregon.

The results were pretty eye-opening. First of all, Washington state reported a reduction in rapes and property crimes in 2013-2014 relative to the three years before legalization. Remarkably, the study also discovered that Washington’s rape and property crime rate was lower than in Oregon in 2013 and 2014! Rapes were reduced by 15-30%, and thefts were cut by 10-20%. Another interesting ‘side effect’ was a reduction in binge alcohol drinking.
Also can show the Data from 2016 Mitchell Morrissey, the Denver District Attorney, which claimed that cannabis was the cause of a crime increase in the state of Colorado was manipulation MBNC also did a report on it.
To say that the NFL should not revise that is asinine how can you say its ok to drink alcohol because its legal but you cannot smoke pot because you have been given a medical prescription for it and it is legal or its in a state where it is legal. Do you remember prohibition this was the same theory people had when it came to legalizing it.

hairic

Reaction score
Feels like this could become a veteran free agent tender situation. No teams want to sign him because of his issues, and he goes unsigned until training camp. If he's unsigned to June 1, Dallas could issue a veteran free agent tender, which would give Irving until July 22/training camp to sign with someone else. After that, he can only negotiate with Dallas and his contract/salary is 1 season of at least 110% of what he made in 2018 if he signs the tender, or sit out the season. If he doesn't play, his signing value the next season would apply towards the comp pick formula. If he's hit with a 16 game suspension, that's how Dallas would preserve comp pick value out of him for $0 once the suspension wipes the salary.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
The curious case of David Irving.

For the record, I am in the group of - you dont want to be here, be part of this team/ group of men. F you, take your *** down the road. He has had more chances, more screw ups than Gregory, and Gregory wanted it. This *** hat has wasted his talent and the Cowboys belief in him. This has gone on far too long, we are not trading him for a roast beef sandwich or anything, once the new year starts he will just quietly be released.
The curious part is, why have the Cowboys continued to keep him on the active roster for so long ? If he has shut himself off from the players and organisation, then what are they doing ?
My theory - by playing the passive role in this, will the Cowboys go after his money after he is released ?
The no comments, hes injured, hasen't reported. He has burnt the club repeatedly with 2 years of suspensions. No shows and all his drama.
But still seams crazy that they have kept an open roster spot for him. Esp. Now we are on this run, that spot would have been very useful !
Understand he has issues, but just let him go, no fuss no big deal and move on.
Yes it's a shame, yes it's a waste - but, yes it's his stupidity.
Bye bye fallecia.

conner01

Reaction score
...I hope it comes to light, when he punches that clock for driving that UPS truck.
Couldn’t pass the drug test
More likely punching the clock at mcDonalds
Such a shame because the kid could be a star player
One day later in life he’s gonna look back and see all he lost
Such a waste of talent and a life