David Irving in trouble for drug-test failure

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Who the heck is this Irving David guy? And why is he even darkening the Cowboys' playoff doorstep with his nonpresence? Sounds like a contrived distraction to me.

Verdict

Reaction score
These angry nerd mob types here want blood.
Hey let’s kick a man who is down.

Real classy bunch around here.

What are we Philadelphia Eagles fans?

These post say more about the overweight middle aged internet toigh guys than it does about David Irving.

There's always someone who makes excuses for these guys. You always seem to be one of them.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
The question that still remains is why are the Cowboys listing him on the injury report with an ankle sprain? And if he is unwilling to rehab his ankle then why not put him on IR or cut him altogether? There is still more to this than is being reported. What are the Cowboys doing?
This is the million dollar mystery question. Unfortunately,we won’t get some more light to shed on it,until after the year...if at all.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Yeah, but if you're bipolar or suffer from other mental illness issues you many times don't see things the way people without those problems do. As someone who had a family member who suffered from mental illness, i wish he had an employer who cared as much as JJ does for his players.

I cam understand what you're saying and agree if a real mental illness is involved. I sometimes wonder, no, I know from family experience that some "mental illness" is not that at all - simply a manner and method of attributing a cause/effect dynamic to a chain of bad life decisions. It can be the post modern way of absolving personal responsibility. Add to that a medical profession who over diagnoses and over-medicates and it goes from bad to worse.

I'm not a shrink so I don't propose to diagnose Irving. But, I have gone through the bitter divorce and child custody battle and I did it without the luxury of a high-dollar NFL salary. It was hard and there were times I honestly thought about putting a bullet in my brain but I did not. God is gracious. I had 163 folks working for me during those 2 years and I think I would have fared better if all I had to do was something physical ... like show up for football.

Again, I'm not saying what is and what isn't in Irving's case - Just saying that the current love affair with ascribing a chemical imbalance or neurological problem to every act of bad behavior is off the rails.

Zordon

Reaction score
If there was anything more Fisher would report it. He's all over everything.

In fact, if you cough up the 10 bucks a month you'll find out what drugs he's taking (including dosage) as well as audio of several of his arguments with his girlfriend.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Dont know where you got your info from but that is incorrect.
However, a study published in The Economic Journal in June 2017 by Gavrilova, Kamada, and Zoutman, reported a 12.5% decrease in violent crime (including murder, aggravated assaults, and robberies) in counties close to the Mexican border
A study by economist Davide Dragone was published in the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization and focused on the difference in crime rates between the states of Washington and Oregon in 2013 and 2014. Marijuana was legal in Washington by that stage, but illegal in neighboring Oregon.

The results were pretty eye-opening. First of all, Washington state reported a reduction in rapes and property crimes in 2013-2014 relative to the three years before legalization. Remarkably, the study also discovered that Washington’s rape and property crime rate was lower than in Oregon in 2013 and 2014! Rapes were reduced by 15-30%, and thefts were cut by 10-20%. Another interesting ‘side effect’ was a reduction in binge alcohol drinking.
Also can show the Data from 2016 Mitchell Morrissey, the Denver District Attorney, which claimed that cannabis was the cause of a crime increase in the state of Colorado was manipulation MBNC also did a report on it.
To say that the NFL should not revise that is asinine how can you say its ok to drink alcohol because its legal but you cannot smoke pot because you have been given a medical prescription for it and it is legal or its in a state where it is legal. Do you remember prohibition this was the same theory people had when it came to legalizing it.

You know, I really don't care if people want to smoke the weed or not. However, that should have no bearing on whether or not a company allows its use as a condition of employment. I work for a very large technical firm (some 86,000 employees worldwide), and we have offices in states and countries where weed is legal. Regardless of local laws, the company has a zero tolerance for weed and other substances and there's no reprieve if one fails a piss test. Is this "fair?" Well, yes it is seeing as the employee knows this going in, agrees to it and has broken the terms of his employment by firing up a doob.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well I guess we got our answer about David. Sad man, probably a lot more going on with his mental state. Best wishes to the young man in trying to get his life back on track, that is if he even wants to. Football and his way of earning is about to get ripped from his hands. I don’t think he even realizes it yet.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A bit misleading. Yes a missed test is considered a "Fail" but he has not been tested and proven to be taking drugs. I would highly doubt it also because being a man trying to get sole custody any thing like that is going to make it hard to win in court.

Doesn't matter if he is or is not doing drugs...………..a missed test is a "fail" according to King Roger.

So missing multiple drug tests is the equivalent of multiple failed tests...…………..ergo...……….his NFL career is effectively over now

What a shame. All that talent and he just wasted it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I the cat doesn't want to play - I don't want him playing. It's a damn hard game when you have drive, desire and effort. It's impossible when you don't.

Kid's gonna find his "personal problems" will be much worse when he's making $40K a year.

Yep...…….when you are working a 9 to 5 making $40K, those personal problems are not going to just go away. In fact, they get harder and harder.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lol.. He isn’t done. JJ will give him another chance. How many did Gregory have?

That's true, Jerry has a big heart for his players. Even if they cant play anymore, he gives them jobs. Be it a scout or working in the warehouse, he finds something for them to do.

Got to admire Jerry for that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And apparently the mother is so twisted she can't even gain custody over him.
Poor kid!!

IF a mom cant get custody of her child in TEXAS...……..then she has major problems.

Almost impossible for a man to get sole custody in Texas unless he has video evidence of the mom beating the kid or something. The courts are very conservative here and almost in all cases grant custody to the mom.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
MEANWHILE IN WASHINGTON D.C
HW1vlWW.jpg

To be fair, getting suspended for spanking your child is apples and oranges compared to doing drugs.

Spanking is pretty much standard discipline in the South, I personally was spanked with a leather belt growing up here in Texas and so was everybody else's kids. In fact, I imagine half of the posters on this board were spanked growing up and yes, it does leave red marks on your butt.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
All that talent..

Sidelined.

Get better starting now and get back here next year.

Can you imagine this dline with him on it?
That's a pipe dream. David Irving has proven to be nothing more than a lazy malingerer who obviously is only into football for the money.

If the missed/failed drug tests were his only issue then maybe I wouldn't feel that way. But we've watched the guy miss significant amounts of time every year during the off-season and regular season for various reasons. It's always something with this guy. There's always an excuse as to why he's not out there working hard, trying to win games with his teammates.

If I were a member of the team I wouldn't want him back, because he obviously isn't all in.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
If I were JJ and we won it all this year. I would make sure his SB ring is a plastic knockoff of the real thing.