David Irving says goodbye for good to NFL **merged**

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I am starting to think that everything we do kills brain cells. Lol.

LOL..... I am surprised that this is a surprise to any of us. I mean, haven't you ever wondered why, when you have children, you nurture them, you treat them with love and respect and you see them as they learn and you see the love and respect and even admiration they treat you with as they grow. Then, they turn 12 or 13 or whatever and you somehow get dumber, more stupid. You go from being loved and respected to being outdated and unaware. I believe that this surely must be linked to this whole loss of brain cells thing.

JMO

;)

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL..... I am surprised that this is a surprise to any of us. I mean, haven't you ever wondered why, when you have children, you nurture them, you treat them with love and respect and you see them as they learn and you see the love and respect and even admiration they treat you with as they grow. Then, they turn 12 or 13 or whatever and you somehow get dumber, more stupid. You go from being loved and respected to being outdated and unaware. I believe that this surely must be linked to this whole loss of brain cells thing.

JMO

;)
I can remember having to set the clock on my parents VCR because they couldn’t figure it out. Now I have to read directions on a can of soup. Lol.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What a total waste of talent.

Guy would of probably gotten paid pretty well this season if he showed up and played last year but decided it was more important to be a waste of space and smoke weed instead. Sad!

glimmerman

Reaction score

Guy would of probably gotten paid pretty well this season if he showed up and played last year but decided it was more important to be a waste of space and smoke weed instead. Sad!
If he shows up last year JJ would have likey paid him 8-10 million this year and would think he was getting a steal.

Cmac

Reaction score
He said a lot more with that Instagram post......shame.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pot should not be a banned substance for the NFL!
The pain these players go through is reason enough to allow its use by them.
The NFL is still a old man league where whiskey is the main drug used!!!

Flamma

Reaction score

Sad for us as fans, but maybe not for him. I just think he should have played it smarter. If his goal if to retire from football and smoke weed, fine, but play a few more years and build up some money first. Consider it a job. Very few people can work 3-5 years and retire. He had that unique opportunity. Had he kept it clean for the next 3-5 years he could have built around 20 Mil and say goodbye. Maybe even more. In 4 years he made 3.6 Mil. That's about 1.8 Mil after deductions. Not going to be enough.

zerofill

Reaction score
I usually refrain from the knucklehead, idiot, etc type of name calling on here but this guy is all of those. He has a great point about the NFL policy on weed but to leave behind millions of dollars for it is just.....ugh. he could've easily become the highest paid DT if he stayed focused...but I guess weed is more important.....idiot

He has a point on the NFL weed policy. The problem is, he tries to get it across like a 4yr old. Which makes him look like what you said... an idiot.

Section446

Reaction score
Interesting Norm and Donny segment on Friday... They were talking about this video and how wrong Irving is about the NFL's policy as it relates to suspensions. Only 4 guys got suspended in 2018 because of Marijuana, that's WAY lower than I would have thought.

Gaede

Reaction score
Pot should not be a banned substance for the NFL!
The pain these players go through is reason enough to allow its use by them.
The NFL is still a old man league where whiskey is the main drug used!!!

Agree completely.

Pot isn't hurting anybody. The sooner the league catches up on this the better for these players.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He may have made his point, but this was embarrassing for the league. They will never make it legal now.
Good and of course they will at some point. There already trending in that direction, what do you think is going on with Gregory? I'm sure they are using weed to treat his bipolar disorder which is why he's been allowed to continue to play even though you continue to here rumors of failed tests and such.