David Irving says goodbye for good to NFL **merged**

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
You have to excuse everything he said on this Instagram post.. He was obviously high.... good weed willl make you do the dumbest crap......

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
"Standing up" actually takes work, and effort. David Irving isn't doing any of that. Don't get it twisted.

He's putting forth zero effort and simply doing what comes easiest for him. He's being lazy. What effort does it take to not show up for a drug test? It's like applauding someone for sleeping in and not going to school.

If Irving was actually putting forth any effort to try to get rules changed? Yeah, applaud him then. But he's not.
I never said that and if anyones getting anything twisted it's you. I am clearly stating that he could give a crap about the might $ and that is good. Too many people care and chase that $ sign that they aren't who they want to be and do things they don't want to do. It pretty obvious from what he says in the past that football isn't all he cares about so I think it's good that he doesn't sell out. Now what he wants to do and everyones opinion is fine, but mine is screw the money, the system, governing bodies, go do what you want as long as your not harming others.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
when u draft and mess with these type of players this is what u get the cowboys do this all the time expecting to be the smartest guys in the room mostly is blows up in their face would love to hear what he thinks of garrett

Though Irving was drafted, he was signed by the Chiefs after the 2015 draft and Dallas got him after that.

Just sayin'

MadDog_78749

Reaction score
For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these:
'It might have been'.
-John Greenleaf Whittier

Both the quote and the middle name seem custom made for this situation.

Wayne02

Reaction score
It's really not his choice. I have little doubt if he wasn't facing yet another suspension and the Cowboys had cleared him, he'd be trying to play this fall.

This smells like when someone famous says they quit and yet everyone else knows he or she was actually fired.

Randy Gregory is still playing football for the Cowboys, I have no doubt that Irving would've gotten another chance as he is a better player than Gregory.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
David Irving is a bad influence on Randy Gregory. So I say good riddance to the bad influence and good luck to Randy Gregory.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No, for one I would never drink Wild Turkey but whatever. I specifically said that I can drink beer and that Liquor is a different thing but lets go ahead and go down this road. Are you saying that you can smoke Weed all day, especially the type that you know a lot of players are smoking, and be perfectly functional?

I am certain that that's not true so while you are in a doubtful frame of mind, please shed serious doubt on your last post. There is no way that you can mean this as serious discussion TD3.

I know that if you smoke the high octane weed, there is a good chance you have Dominos on speed dial. And the alternative is the team gives them Oxy for pain. Now we might argue beer versus liquor versus weed. But pain relief using oxy causes guys to end up getting suspended.

And I don't believe people smoke weed all day. But there is a post in response to me where someone told me they can drink all day. Not thinking they actually can other than liquor has this macho attitude that goes with it, and people don't stop. Some people anyway. And if liquor is being used as a pain moderating substance, how much do you have to drink to make it go away?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know that if you smoke the high octane weed, there is a good chance you have Dominos on speed dial. And the alternative is the team gives them Oxy for pain. Now we might argue beer versus liquor versus weed. But pain relief using oxy causes guys to end up getting suspended.

And I don't believe people smoke weed all day. But there is a post in response to me where someone told me they can drink all day. Not thinking they actually can other than liquor has this macho attitude that goes with it, and people don't stop. Some people anyway. And if liquor is being used as a pain moderating substance, how much do you have to drink to make it go away?

All good and well but the truth of that matter is that you don't need to take any of it if it's a way of dealing with pain. You can get that prescribed by a Dr. and never have to smoke or drink a thing and it's not Oxy. Players want to pretend that it's medicinal but the truth is that you don't need to get high to get the medicinal value of pain relief. It's available to them by NFL Dr's.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
All good and well but the truth of that matter is that you don't need to take any of it if it's a way of dealing with pain. You can get that prescribed by a Dr. and never have to smoke or drink a thing and it's not Oxy. Players want to pretend that it's medicinal but the truth is that you don't need to get high to get the medicinal value of pain relief. It's available to them by NFL Dr's.

I might agree. But still see pot as harmless vs the pother options. And Dr. prescribe drugs that don't always help the patient in the long run. Money is involved and the players get their drugs from team doctors. And they have a stake in the outcome.

kskboys

Reaction score
You have to excuse everything he said on this Instagram post.. He was obviously high.... good weed willl make you do the dumbest crap......
Then don't post while you're high.

Seriously, we're all responsible for our actions. If he didn't mean it, he shouldn't have said it.

kskboys

Reaction score

I know quite a few people who toke all day every day.

A person can drink all day if they moderate it. I did it several times when I was younger. However, the only pain it helps w/ is emotional pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither is a great pain reliever.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I might agree. But still see pot as harmless vs the pother options. And Dr. prescribe drugs that don't always help the patient in the long run. Money is involved and the players get their drugs from team doctors. And they have a stake in the outcome.

Pot is not harmless but if that is your opinion, then that is your opinion. Money is involved in every aspect of this. Money is why these players enjoy the financial position they are in today. Money drives all of this. No money, no weed, no nothing. The prescriptions are from team Doctors so it doesn't cost the players anything. The drugs involved, in this particular discussion are the same as what you would get if you were smoking weed so if you are not concerned with harmful effects of smoking, then you should not concerned with effects from these drugs. Essentially all the benefits with none of the penalties if you take the prescribed drugs and not the weed.