News: DC: Antwaun Woods reaction to Eagles trash talk

visionary

Reaction score
That is your view. He has brought in people like McClain whom many here did not think much of when he got to Dallas and yet excelled, Woods has come in and excelled, while David Irving has been a headache he has played great when in the lineup and is yet another cast off.

So you think David Irving is a 1T DT?
Got it

The depths people sink to in defense of this FO and coaching staff is ludicrous

:lmao:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So you think David Irving is a 1T DT?
Got it

The depths people sink to in defense of this FO and coaching staff is ludicrous

:lmao:

I did not say that I have said Rod has gotten a lot out of guys on the D line. I'm sorry he is not getting players you want, then again while you are entitled to your views they are your view so excuse me if I don't fall to my knees and bow before you. Being a jerk is a choice maybe you could make some better choices of your own

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Terrific until he holds out. Didn’t we have a dline guy hold out years ago after a surprise season? I can see woods doing that.

So maybe we be a little proactive and extend him with a new contract that maybe wont be market value...but rewards him for his solid play.

Mr_437

Reaction score
In SEA, Richard always had big guys at 1T (Mebane FA 2019) that was a staple of their team to keep Bobby clean in the middle.

Woods is playing that role well for DAL, and these LBs are feeding off that. Big ups to Antwan and hope they find another just like him during the off-season.

On topic, game is played on Sunday no amount of talking is gonna help anybody. DAL is better than last time they played PHI, so we'll see.

visionary

Reaction score
I did not say that I have said Rod has gotten a lot out of guys on the D line. I'm sorry he is not getting players you want, then again while you are entitled to your views they are your view so excuse me if I don't fall to my knees and bow before you. Being a jerk is a choice maybe you could make some better choices of your own

I deal in facts not koolaid
The cowboys FO and Rod have hamstrung this defense for years
You have made excuses for them for years
After continuing to ignore key pieces on defense they have lucked into a good player
That does not deserve credit that deserves calling them (and their apologists) out and saying "see? This is what we needed"
If truth upsets you then maybe you should make better choices

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I deal in facts not koolaid
The cowboys FO and Rod have hamstrung this defense for years
You have made excuses for them for years
After continuing to ignore key pieces on defense they have lucked into a good player
That does not deserve credit that deserves calling them (and their apologists) out and saying "see? This is what we needed"
If truth upsets you then maybe you should make better choices

I make no excuses for anyone and while you have an opinion it is your opinion you call it fact? I put more faith in a man who has been in the NFL for years over some message board want to be. You may impress yourself with your wisdom it does not mean crap to me. You dispute me giving credit to Marinelli fine, that is your opinion. You are telling me your truth and acting as if it is some be all view point. Give me a break!!!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
“Again, we play our best when we focus on ourselves, and who knows what filters from one person to another,” Garrett said. “But again, we’re locked in on what we need to do to go play our best.”

Of course, in the age of social media, Garrett needn’t have worried that word would circulate. Cowboys players across the locker room were aware of Grugier-Hill’s comments – and some were more willing to comment than others.

“That don’t mean nothing,” Antwaun Woods told reporters. “That’s cool to say in an air-conditioned locker room with a camera in their face, but when you got to put your hand in the dirt Sunday, it’s different.”

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/trash-talk-adds-juice-to-an-already-big-game
I don't think the fact that the modern game is played on synthetic turf is lost on Woods... got to like a defensive lineman using "hand in the dirt" symbolism to convey a point.

I have to say, Woods has been a huge surprise for me this year. He has more than simply held his own; he is an unsung hero of the DL.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ooooohh. I love that Woods.

That comment is the perfect comeback.

I talked to some guys around the USC football team and they loved Woods. Said he was a great kid and also made a comment that made me think the Tennessee coaches had a bad scheme fit or something, but he never should have been a Practice Squad guy but a rostered player instead.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That is my biggest pet peeve against Rod, the refusal of getting a true stud DT in the draft. Can't say in FA, because that falls upon Stephen and Jerry.

Sure, but who would it be? Trading up for Vita Vea would have been a mistake even though they rated him highly. And before that the team got hammered for passing on Sharif Floyd - and that was abolutely the right move.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
not as bad as the old astro turf rug burns...

I've wondered about the "burn" factor of older artificial turf vs the newer stuff for many years. I remember getting a wicked turf burn as a kid on the only synthetic field I ever played on. Have the newer surfaces helped reduce the "burn" factor? Anyone?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but who would it be? Trading up for Vita Vea would have been a mistake even though they rated him highly. And before that the team got hammered for passing on Sharif Floyd - and that was abolutely the right move.

Could be different players under Rod.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Yep Rod and Lett have done a nice job with lesser talent DT's over the past few years. Wish Maliek Collins wasn't always on bad wheels. Would be nice to place higher priority on DT's in the draft but I like what the coaches have done with this group. Damned shame that Irving can't get his head on straight but sometimes you just can't help the unhelpable

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
“That don’t mean nothing,” Antwaun Woods told reporters. “That’s cool to say in an air-conditioned locker room with a camera in their face, but when you got to put your hand in the dirt Sunday, it’s different.”

Translated: "This guy is a punk and we are gonna smack them in the mouth."

Or translated: "Everyone has a plan till they get hit in the nose by my fist." Mike Tyson.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I've wondered about the "burn" factor of older artificial turf vs the newer stuff for many years. I remember getting a wicked turf burn as a kid on the only synthetic field I ever played on. Have the newer surfaces helped reduce the "burn" factor? Anyone?
I would imagine longer "blades" and more give on the surface the burns are not as bad.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I love some 1Ts and Woods has done a really good job as that guy.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I wonder how many Eagle players are like dude shut up, they bout to beat us down lol. Prolly most of em. :dance:

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
That's a colllllld quote from Woods.

Love it.