DC.COM: BLOG: Phillips Urging Introspective Approach

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Phillips Urging Introspective Approach
Posted by jellis at 11/17/2008 5:08 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

[FONT=verdana,geneva]Coach Wade Phillips didn't have to say anything when a reporter asked about the importance of gathering steam before the season's final month, and not letting up against either of the next two opponents.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,geneva]He simply held up his index finger.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva] One at a time.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]And when asked whether he would warn players not to get too proud of themselves after just one win, albeit an important one, Phillips again stressed the need for the players not to get too ahead of themselves, while stressing that what matters isn't who the Cowboys are playing, but how the Cowboys are playing.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]“The next game is all we’re looking at," Phillips said. "The next game’s got to be the same urgency that we talked about or the same – and it’s really focus. It’s not the team we’re playing as much as it is us, and playing as well as we can play, and preparing to play as well as we can play. And I think that’s what this team will do.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]-Josh Ellis[/FONT]

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40;2426812 said:
[FONT=verdana,geneva]“The next game is all we’re looking at," Phillips said. "The next game’s got to be the same urgency that we talked about or the same – and it’s really focus. It’s not the team we’re playing as much as it is us, and playing as well as we can play, and preparing to play as well as we can play. And I think that’s what this team will do.”[/FONT]
Did both Coach Read and his special teams coverage players get this memo???

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
DallasEast;2426820 said:
Did both Coach Read and his special teams coverage players get this memo???

I hope it was sent to Read & players engraved in stone...