DC.COM Blog: Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown

Posted by mickshot at 10/8/2008 10:34 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was reportedly involved in an incident with his body guard at Joule Hotel, a Dallas downtown hotel, while attending a Tuesday night party for rapper Ludacris.

Police were called to the scene, but no incident report was filed, according to the Dallas Police Department, and consequently no charges were filed, either, since no individual or management at the hotel wanted to press charges.

A source close to Jones says the incident is being overblown, and that if there was a serious confrontation involving Jones causing police to be called to the scene surely an incident report would have been filed by the police department.

The Dallas Police Department said it needs a complainant to file an offense if an offense had occurred, but evidently after interviewing those involved in the incident there were no charges filed that would have led to an offense report. Evidently this is not the first time Jones has had differences with his body guard, who is charged with making sure Jones doesn’t go places he shouldn’t and keeping him out of confrontations with other people.

The NFL has had no comment on the report, but Jones’ timing was bad since NFL commissioner Roger Goodell was in town on Wednesday and even spoke to the entire Cowboys team following their afternoon practice.

Goodell did answer a question about Jones before news of the Tuesday night incident was reported, saying, “Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making good choices as he goes forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself or the Cowboys or the NFL.”

Jones was fully reinstated by Goodell just before the start of the 2008 season after being suspended for violation of the league’s newly-instated personal conduct policy in April of 2007. Since being drafted in the first round by the Tennessee Titans in 2005, this is the 13th time Jones has attracted police attention.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones took a chance this off-season by trading for the troubled cornerback, giving Tennessee a fourth-round pick and will owe the Titans a sixth-rounder if Jones completes this entire season without being suspended by the NFL. If he does become suspended, the Titans will owe the Cowboys a fifth-round pick back in return.

This incident comes at a bad time since the Cowboys could be without Pro Bowl corner Terence Newman for an extended period of time. Doctors are trying to determine if the strained lower abdominal wall that shelved him for this past game is a sports hernia and in need of surgery. If surgery is necessary, Newman could be out for more than a month.

And it is Pacman Jones who has been and will be starting for the injured Newman.

- Mickey Spagnola
Comments (65) | Permanent Link

juck

Reaction score
There we go.Nothing will happen.Overblown.The Dallas media is insane.

juck

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2320680 said:
Good news.. I guess..

Very good news.Without Newman and Pac we are in serious trouble.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the person who did it is named Adam Jones than it is not overblown.

He punched a mirror out in a hotel. There is no need for that. Period.

Argue, yell, or do whatever with your security. I dont care.

But dont start tearing things up in Public.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
CATCH17;2320684 said:

Do we know for sure that's what happened?. Let's not act like ESPN and add stuff without checking the facts.

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;2320684 said:

Please read the article.god.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2320687 said:
Do we know for sure that's what happened?. Let's not act like ESPN and add stuff without checking the facts.

Thats what I have seen reported everywhere.

Hopefully a mirror was never broken or a Cowboy fan owned the hotel and was looking out for his team and denied a mirror ever being broken.

juck

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2320693 said:
Well it means we get to see how good Mike Jenkins is and if June Jones was right...

Jenkins will play anyway so will Scandrick,on some formations anyway.I feel a lot better with two proven CBs playing.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs like Ludacris concerns me.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
CATCH17;2320697 said:

Hopefully a mirror was never broken or a Cowboy fan owned the hotel and was looking out for his team and denied a mirror ever being broken.
I have seen some that said it and some that have no mention of it, so I'm not really sure what happened although it appears not to be a big deal.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2320697 said:

Please tell me you don't glue yourself to BSPN.:laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrangler87;2320701 said:
Just the fact that he is hanging out with thugs like Ludacris concerns me.
Actually he was hanging out with Roy and Bennett.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I'm starting to get the feeling that he isn't going to make it through the season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320707 said:
Please tell me you don't glue yourself to BSPN.:laugh1:

When they are reporting facts and not opinions than I listen.

If he punched a mirror out than there is just no excuse. Not with this guy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Overblown?

Please, tell me who is surprised. For three years we've seen the same stuff with every move TO makes.

Oh, and regarding the mirror. If he "punched" it he'd have stitches. A mirror got broken, but they can break without being punched. Also, we don't know who broke it in the scuffle. It might have been the bodyguard. As long as he pays for it, who cares?

Is someone worried about 7 years bad luck or something? He wasn't standing under a ladder with a black cat so he's safe.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Yes it is overblown but the fact remains that Adam Jones was where he shouldn't be. He has been warned repeatedly about not being at these kinds of events or venues yet he continues to show up anyway.

Every alcoholic/addict deludes themselves into believing that they can have a drink or two and keep things under control, they never want to admit that they cannot handle even one.

Jones is similar in that he thinks that he can attend a party like this and not get into some kind of trouble, well Adam, you can't! Even a relatively minor thing like an argument with your bodyguard will be blown out of proportion and you will jeopardize your NFL career. It just isn't worth it pal.