DC.COM Blog: Spencer the First of Many Cowboys Returns

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spencer the First of Many Cowboys Returns

Posted by rphillips at 11/3/2008 2:03 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

The Cowboys are anxiously awaiting the returns of starters Tony Romo (finger), Terence Newman (abdomen) and Kyle Kosier (foot) as well as dynamic rookie Felix Jones (hamstring). Most, if not all, could be back Nov. 16 against Washington.

But the defense got another contributor back Sunday -- second-year linebacker Anthony Spencer, who finished with three tackles and provided some solid pass rush in relief of Greg Ellis.

Spencer said he felt no ill effects from his strained hamstring or the preseason knee injury which forced him to miss two games earlier in the season. He would have been credited for a sack Sunday had Giants tight end Michael Matthews not grabbed him for a holding penalty.

"It happens though," Spencer said. "Hopefully I'll get another chance. They're hard to come by in this league."

A healthy Spencer gives the defense another pass-rushing linebacker who can spell the 33-year-old Ellis, and occasionally Ware, too. There's one bright spot for you guys on another blue Monday.

-Rob Phillips

Comments (45) | Permanent Link

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I like Spencer, hope he stays healthy. I'm really hoping we find another pass rusher or two in the draft this year.