DC.COM Blog: T.O. Has To Call In Sick...Felix plans to practice

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T.O. Has To Call In Sick
Posted by mickshot at 11/19/2008 12:11 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

While the Cowboys continue to get healthier heading into Sunday's game against the San Francisco 49ers, veteran wide receiver Terrell Owens was not at The Ranch on Wednesday, calling in sick and evidently will miss the practice which begins in about an hour.

Owens was scheduled to do the conference call with the San Francisco media, but had to cancel, quarterback Tony Romo stepping in to replace him. Sounds as if Owens' illness is day to day and Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips will update his status at his 3:30 p.m. (CST) press conference carried live on DallasCowboys.com

But there was some injury good news starting to spread through the locker room. Evidently running back Felix Jones was doing some serious running this morning, and is planning to practice this afternoon for the first time since suffering a hamstring tear Oct. 12 against Arizona. Also, wide receiver Isaiah Stanback (shoulder) and linebacker Bobby Carpenter (groin) say they will return to practice this afternoon.

Stanback's return and the possibility of Jones returning would be important since the Cowboys recently learned wide receiver Miles Austin will be out at least two weeks with a sprained lateral collateral ligament in his knee. Not only was Austin sharing some of the third receiver responsibilities with Patrick Crayton, but he also was returning kick offs in place of the injured Jones. Now the Cowboys must reconstruct their fourth receiver spot, possibly Stanback if he'll be ready to play buy Sunday, and also their main kick-off returner, possibly Stanback or Jones, if he's ready to handle that duty again.

Mickey Spagnola

Comments (0) | Permanent Link

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I want Felix back! He was providing so much excitement each time he touched the ball you thought he was going to break one to the house.

jdnelson103

Reaction score
I really hope they only play Felix if we're losing in the fourth quarter. If we can't beat the 9ers and Seahwks without him, we shouldn't be going to the playoffs anyway. I would sure hate to lose him for the rest of the season, because we brought him back to early. Take these next two weeks to make sure he's healthy, and let him come back against the Steelers.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2429921 said:
I really hope they only play Felix if we're losing in the fourth quarter. If we can't beat the 9ers and Seahwks without him, we shouldn't be going to the playoffs anyway. I would sure hate to lose him for the rest of the season, because we brought him back to early. Take these next two weeks to make sure he's healthy, and let him come back against the Steelers.

Said the same thing regarding the Rams and Brad Johnson. You find out you dont mean it when you actually do lose.

I want him on the field whenever he's healthy. If it's against the 49ers or Seahawks, get him out there. He can only help us.

Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2429923 said:
the season is saved! Stanback and Carpenter are back!

IMO, I rather rest Felix Jones the next two weeks because the Cowboys should crush the Niners and Seattle the next two weeks. After these two games, the Cowboys will have ten days before the Steelers game and the push for the playoffs.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
jdnelson103;2429921 said:

I hope they make Felix Jones the primary kick returner in Austin's place, and sub him in as a #4 WR in 4 WR sets or as a receiver coming out of the backfield.

If he's healthy then play him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Felix Will Practice

Felix Jones has made a nice little early career of avoiding tacklers, and now he's showing the same moves with reporters.

Caught up with him for the very briefest of seconds in the locker room today and asked what has to be a very tiresome question for him, "How are you feeling?"

To which Jones said, "Feelin' better. It's good."

But is he going to practice? "You'll find out," he said.

My gut says no, but we'll see here in about 30 minutes. If it's dicey, then why roll those dice against the 49ers and Seahawks? The Cowboys should be able to beat these teams without him. Just wait until these next two games are over and have him at a point where re-injuring the hamstring isn't so great.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 12:48 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

StylisticS

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2429937 said:
IMO, I rather rest Felix Jones the next two weeks because the Cowboys should crush the Niners and Seattle the next two weeks. After these two games, the Cowboys will have ten days before the Steelers game and the push for the playoffs.

I don't like that way of thinking. The Cowboys aren't playing Sister Mary of the Poor the next two weeks. They are playing NFL teams with NFL players. Besides, we are not in position to rest players right now anyway.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2429974 said:
Felix Will Practice

Felix Jones has made a nice little early career of avoiding tacklers, and now he's showing the same moves with reporters.

Caught up with him for the very briefest of seconds in the locker room today and asked what has to be a very tiresome question for him, "How are you feeling?"

My gut says no, but we'll see here in about 30 minutes. If it's dicey, then why roll those dice against the 49ers and Seahawks? The Cowboys should be able to beat these teams without him. Just wait until these next two games are over and have him at a point where re-injuring the hamstring isn't so great.

- Mac Engel

Mac, you're a moron.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2429974 said:
Felix Will Practice

- Mac Engel

Why is the title of the entry "Felix Will Practice", if he says in the post that it's still undecided?

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Good to hear that Felix and company are returning, even if Stanbach and Bobby are just for ST purposes. Owens will no doubt be fine as well.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I'm not taking the 49ers or Seahawks for granted. The Cowboys need Felix Jones back very soon. The offense needs to beat these teams with the ground game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2429931 said:
Said the same thing regarding the Rams and Brad Johnson. You find out you dont mean it when you actually do lose.

I want him on the field whenever he's healthy. If it's against the 49ers or Seahawks, get him out there. He can only help us.

Was thinking the same thing!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2429937 said:

who's going to return kicks?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2430034 said:
who's going to return kicks?

Cory Proctor. He can't out-suck his play on the o-line. :blind:

We should get our money's worth out of him.

FCBarca

Reaction score
DMN Blog reporting he's practicing (Felix)...So good shot he plays on Sunday