News: DC: CowBuzz: Allen Hurns Addresses Jersey Number & Other Social Recations

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowBuzz: Allen Hurns Addresses Jersey Number & Other Social Recations

hurns_thumb.jpg

On Friday, the team welcomed free agent wide receiver Allen Hurns, after being drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 2014 NFL draft.

Read Full Story

Rayman70

Reaction score
don't CARE WHICH NUMBER YOU Wear. Just get the job done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the people starting them. It will become more clear its more of a personal wish as opposed to actually happening.

I hear ya!

I think there's a better chance that they get a long term restructure done with Bryant rather than cutting him this year.

But there's little to be gained by doing anything with him at this point. Do you save some cap money? Sure. But you also take a huge step back at the receiver position and do your quarterback and offense no favors without a capable replacement. A replacement not available at this point.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I hear ya!

I think there's a better chance that they get a long term restructure done with Bryant rather than cutting him this year.

But there's little to be gained by doing anything with him at this point. Do you save some cap money? Sure. But you also take a huge step back at the receiver position and do your quarterback and offense no favors without a capable replacement. A replacement not available at this point.
What do you mean? according to some on here a first year WR can do everthing Dez does and more.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hear ya!

Right now, unless something changes, I look forward to having Bryant and Hurns on the field as our starting receivers. I don't know what Dallas plans to do with all of these receivers, but for the moment, those two are our best bet as starters for putting pressure on opposing defenses.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now, unless something changes, I look forward to having Bryant and Hurns on the field as our starting receivers. I don't know what Dallas plans to do with all of these receivers, but for the moment, those two are our best bet as starters for putting pressure on opposing defenses.

Agreed. And then let 2018 sort itself out.

But I have to say, as much as I'm not a "Terrance Williams guy", part of me feels for him. He signed a very reasonable contract to stay in Dallas out of "loyalty" and the poor guy will likely end up demoted or traded.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just catch the ball Hurns..get open,move the chains,run good routes...you could wear double zero for all I care.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its march...so, we will figure out the starters and rotation at wr. Plenty of time for that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed. And then let 2018 sort itself out.

But I have to say, as much as I'm not a "Terrance Williams guy", part of me feels for him. He signed a very reasonable contract to stay in Dallas out of "loyalty" and the poor guy will likely end up demoted or traded.

Well, we should have replaced him as the No. 2 last year and not signed him to that contract. However, it might have worked out for the best for the team considering what we were able to get Hurns for this year. I'm not sure we would have got the same caliber receiver last year for that money. The health concerns and the timing of his release obviously played a role in that.