News: DC: Dak Prescott headed to tag after no progress on new deal

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott headed to tag after no progress on new deal

0ap3000001074727_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports no progress has been made on the contract talks between the Cowboys and quarterback Dak Prescott. The QB is headed toward the franchise tag.

Read Full Story

NeathBlue

Reaction score
What exactly is the transition tag that’s mentioned that Cooper could be tagged with?

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
That might be a good move.

Hopefully Dak doesn’t get upset over it though. I do think he’s done enough to deserve a nice, long term deal

Hard to have a firm opinion since we don’t really know what Dak is asking for
Do you think he will slack off if tagged. Who cares if he gets upset , he will only be making 33.5m or so for one year

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't know why you think that's such good news. They won't let Dak walk. They will either get a deal done or tag him. Your happy arse is dumb if you think otherwise. :D

They will get stupid and desperate and sign him, however, the confidence in Dak seems to be all talk or else Dak would have gotten his deal already. You don’t leave true franchise QBs hanging like this

eastsideboy

Reaction score
They will get stupid and desperate and sign him, however, the confidence in Dak seems to be all talk or else Dak would have gotten his deal already. You don’t leave true franchise QBs hanging like this
no one's leaving him hanging it takes two to tango dak has to come down on his offer or be happy with the tag.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I disagree, just because Jerry wants to save his tag option until he has to have it doesn't mean he hasn't made up his mind to hang on to Dak. He just needs to decide if Amari or Dak is getting the tag before he gives a deal to the other. He's in no hurry so why are you being so impatient about it? It's not your money, if they aren't worried about it why are you so concerned?

JayFord

Reaction score
Over/under this being the main topic on first take and undisputed 2 times this week

mattjames2010

Reaction score
no one's leaving him hanging it takes two to tango dak has to come down on his offer or be happy with the tag.

Show me the last true franchise QB in their prime that got tagged instead of getting an extension? Give me that list.

“It takes two to tanto” - you don’t squabble over small details when you need to get your franchise QB under contract, dude. The entire point to get from this is that the Jones aren’t convinced Dak is worth the money he is asking for which is why both aren’t coming to terms and are arguing back and forth over the small things.

You think Patrick Mahomes is going to get into a spat with the Chiefs or will their owner say “screw it!” and take the hit on the smaller details that go in Mahomes favor?