News: DC: Dak Prescott headed to tag after no progress on new deal

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now all they need to do is move up in the draft and pick up a nice prospect at QB...Ya, it's the tag best-case scenario as Dak has not convinced the Jones family he is worth a franchise QB contract.
No way Dak doesn't accept the Tag; he doesn't have the talent for that kind of move....
D764464-C-6804-41-B9-8-B51-AAE72-ACDDE8-A.jpg

Get a life besides trolling about Dak.

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
This is hardly something to worry about. I am glad he is betting on himself.

He nails it, we win something. He does not, we get a reasonable price.

Either way the team wins.

I can live with this.

Win us a championship this year, and you can have all the money. My belly would be full for 5 years when it's really time to move on.

#DontpayDak

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now all they need to do is move up in the draft and pick up a nice prospect at QB...Ya, it's the tag best-case scenario as Dak has not convinced the Jones family he is worth a franchise QB contract.
No way Dak doesn't accept the Tag; he doesn't have the talent for that kind of move....
Why do you think they want to sign him know. They know it's going to cost much more at the end of the season. Have you been paying attention. Prescott is betting on himself. That's what he said I'll have a great season and they will have to pay me top dollar. And they will

aria

Reaction score
Dak should sit right now. Pull a Zeke, be a baby and get rewarded. If Dak refused to play another snap right now, Jerry would have his checkbook out quicker than a pit bull on a poodle.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak should sit right now. Pull a Zeke, be a baby and get rewarded. If Dak refused to play another snap right now, Jerry would have his checkbook out quicker than a pit bull on a poodle.
That would be the stupidest thing to do but not surprised you would suggest it.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Dak doesn’t have to sign anything if he doesn’t believe it matched his worth. He can get 33 million from behind tagged. That’s guaranteed.

Again, why won’t the Jones pay him that 35 million if they are so confident he’s a Super Bowl winning QB type of talent? They didn’t have much hang ups paying a 30+ year old Romo his money.
I've already said I'm fine with him playing on the franchise tag I don't care and and you're right they did over pay Tony Romo and what did that get us nothing.dallas needs to worry about getting the other key players re-signed we'll worry about Dak later I'm not losing any sleep over it.

nobody

Reaction score
It's nothing to panic over yet. There's plenty of time and I doubt Dak or Cooper are going anywhere. Relax and enjoy the season.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
I love how members of the cowboys zone just conveniently forget that we have to pay other players to and that actually takes money.:huh:

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Transition tag allows other teams to make offers while giving the Cowboys the option to match them or let the player go.

I keep reading about the "market" for Dak - this would be a good way to see it.
I couldn't agree more how about we find out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this doesnt really bother me too much, I mean we have until march I believe to get deal done before FT is tagged,,?

however with Cooper still out there we cant tag both and coop maybe too expensive to keep outright..i think getting dak done after the season and before the new league year should be priority that way they can tag Amari..

Im betting amari is going to let a bidding war insure and cost too much in the open market..hes a bit injury prone and getting anything over 17 might be too risky.. dez had these same lower leg issues and it killed his last contract..im weary..

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Transition Dak and let the market set his rate. Plenty of passers in the draft at low cost to entice the teams in the top 10.

Franchise Amari.
If we're smart that's probably what we'll do. And put the franchise tag on Cooper.

silvernblu

Reaction score
As QB of the Dallas Cowboys Dak stands to make hundreds of millions in endorsements. Why oh why nickel and dime us and hurt the team. I really don’t get it. He goes anywhere he takes a huge pay cut even if the team pays him more.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I've already said I'm fine with him playing on the franchise tag I don't care and and you're right they did over pay Tony Romo and what did that get us nothing.dallas needs to worry about getting the other key players re-signed we'll worry about Dak later I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Jones would pay Romo that money all over again if he was in his prime, which Dak is right now.

The entire argument here is, if Stephen and Jerry meant what they said, they wouldn’t be squabbling with Dak over a 2-3 million dollar difference. You take that small hit for a franchise QB.

Simple fact is, Jerry and Stephen obviously feel Dak is still needing to prove something. The fact his play dropped off AGAIN after losing a couple players isn’t exactly something helping his contract negotiations

InTheZone

Reaction score
Zeke's contract isn't even close to handicapping the team, but Dak apparently does want closer to 40 and that is absolutely ridiculous.