Twitter: DC Dan Quinn talks Anthony Brown performance

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 13, 2021.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Editor

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    76,968 Messages
    34,519 Likes Received

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2021
    Furboy, DuncanIso, Techsass and 9 others like this.
  2. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

23,715 Messages
    39,929 Likes Received
    Two words : Malik Hooker. He is knocking that BS down or picking it.

Kind of BS by Quinn. Safety help or not he was in the trail position. If it wasn’t his assignment than Brown would’ve been left open. He just got burnt

3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    68,191 Messages
    135,213 Likes Received
  4. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

7,922 Messages
    13,589 Likes Received
    The no accountability culture is alive and well in Dallas as usual.

Brown was getting beat like a drum all night.

Mr_C, IceStarD54, HowardC and 3 others like this.
  5. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

4,518 Messages
    3,267 Likes Received
    you can tell by Brown's reaction that he was expecting help. Since no Safety was in the picture or even close to the play, I thought Brown got the coverage wrong but I guess he didn't in this case.

6. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

22,562 Messages
    23,019 Likes Received
    Pressure on the QB would help.

7. movaughn88

movaughn88 Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    2,574 Likes Received
    I mean, why would you question his statement - how does Quinn have any incentive to lie about this play? If the safety was supposed to have everything over the top, then this wasn't on Brown.

I agree Brown deserves some criticism in other areas, but I don't understand the choice to not believe DQ here.

Noryb, JoeKing, 817Gill and 15 others like this.
  8. odog422

odog422 Well-Known Member

1,642 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    I guess Quinn missed the body block attempt by Brown on Gronk that he ran through to get out of bounds when they had no timeouts left that probably would’ve ended any realistic comeback attempt when talking about his tackling

Furboy, HowardC, Proof and 4 others like this.
  9. SeanLee50

23,715 Messages
    39,929 Likes Received
    Not necessarily disagreeing with Quinn.

But as a corner, you get help from your safety. It looks like a cover 1 and every corner is man up. That leaves one safety up top. That doesn’t mean you let the man run right by you and get stuck in a trail position.

Him trailing AB shows he was in man coverage and was beat. A safety coming over the top likely knocks the ball down and it’s not a TD. But you cannot excuse a corner who is in man coverage to allow a TD because we’re running a single high safety.

HowardC and Aftershock like this.
  10. TequilaCowboy

TequilaCowboy Well-Known Member

1,753 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    I am sure Brown got a dressing down in private by DQ, and now needs to prop him back up to the media because of course they are gonna keep him there. He bit on AB first move and it was history. He getting paid $5m per year. Can't have all your big contracts sitting on the bench. He is just trying to explain that one play, how about others where he kept getting beat or played soft.

11. StarMan2112

StarMan2112 Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    1,767 Likes Received
    Yep. To beat Brady you need pressure up the middle in his face and we simply can’t do that.

12. movaughn88

movaughn88 Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    2,574 Likes Received
    Fair enough. I don't think Brown should be on the outside. He's an average inside/slot CB but not out on an island.

Furboy, 817Gill and SeanLee50 like this.
  13. SeanLee50

23,715 Messages
    39,929 Likes Received
    Add this to another reason why Almost Anthony doesn’t deserve to be a starting corner

Furboy and stilltheguru like this.
  14. SeanLee50

23,715 Messages
    39,929 Likes Received
    Oh no doubt, you’re absolutely correct. Publicly shaming an NFL caliber talent (small % of dudes can do what they do) isn’t the way to go. Brown is a million times the athlete I am.

Im just saying from the way it looks, he was just beat. He’s beat early and often.

Brown and Lewis are a huge waste of money. I hope they prove me wrong but after so many years it gets old watching these guys get beat week in and out.

Furboy and cowboyblue22 like this.
  15. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

22,562 Messages
    23,019 Likes Received
    And was surprised that the whole game we couldn’t get close. Nothing consistent at all. We had pressure last year at least a little. Got burned in the run game though.

StarMan2112 and rocyaice like this.
  16. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    15,967 Messages
    24,433 Likes Received
    I'm no defensive mastermind, but a coverage that allows a WR to blow by a CB expecting help over the top doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

"Trailing technique" seems like nothing more than allowing the WR to gain a step on 2 on the CB.

17. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

48,638 Messages
    72,577 Likes Received
    Not sure why, but I am laughing at when asked how Brown played, Quinn said he tackled real well. That's like being asked how your date was and you say she had a nice personality.

Iago33, Techsass, IceStarD54 and 4 others like this.
  18. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

16,568 Messages
    7,217 Likes Received
    I did notice I believe, JLew fall and the safety picked up his man which left brown one on one with brown.

Furboy and 817Gill like this.
  19. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    So people jumped the gun on blaming Anthony Brown huh? Par for the course lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  20. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    Well the issue was a corner isn't suppose to slip lol. The corner slipping ruined everything even though Brady probably would've found someone open anyway.

817Gill and JustChip like this.