Twitter: DC Dan Quinn talks Anthony Brown performance

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Reality

Reality Admin

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    26,020 Messages
    52,136 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

:D :D

HowardC, 817Gill, Eanwen and 3 others like this.
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

54,571 Messages
    61,168 Likes Received
    Oprah gave Brown a participation award though. :lmao2:

Brown looked horrible, I thought he would play better. I thought wrong. I will not make that mistake again.

MountaineerCowboy and jwooten15 like this.
  3. jazzcat22

54,571 Messages
    61,168 Likes Received
    I do not blame the game on Brown, but he did not look good either. A lot of other things happened that caused the loss.
    An accumulation of mistakes and miscues.

817Gill likes this.
  4. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    Brown is not that bad of a corner that he showed on Sunday. One thing about Quinn's defense is if one person screws it up it screws up the whole defense. If Brown is in a trailing technique and there's no safety over the top? That's a touchdown. The D has to play as a unit and limit mistakes like that.

JustChip likes this.
  5. rocyaice

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    I mean the game to me was lost on the coverage we had against Gronk and Brown. Nevermind the offensive woes in the red zone. Well I'm sure it was more but that's just a quick minimal observation of it.

6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,192 Messages
    9,682 Likes Received
    I question this “trail” technique. The name itself brings up images of being beat by a WR and “trailing” as fast as the CB can to catch up.

HowardC likes this.
  7. Direwolf63

Direwolf63 RXP

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    15,967 Messages
    24,433 Likes Received
    I suspect Brown will be seeing a lot of Keenan Allen on Sunday.

I don't like that matchup.

Fuzzee, DCBoysfan and maryquality like this.
  8. jazzcat22

54,571 Messages
    61,168 Likes Received
    This is why I said at the time, MM's 1st mistake, having Hooker inactive.
    I truly believe he would have made a difference. Especially over the middle with Gronk. As he may not have went in the middle there on that last drive.

9. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

5,805 Messages
    7,445 Likes Received
    The CB always gets blamed for a play like that. No one blames the safety who never showed up or the DL that gave Brady 10 minutes to line up, step up and throw the football. Cowboys CBs have been expecting help for years and not getting it. Let's hope Hooker improves the situation.

I guarantee if the Cowboys get a DT who gets some push up the middle Anthony Brown will improve 100%, even against Tom Brady.

JustChip likes this.
  10. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Sase

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    24,940 Messages
    27,393 Likes Received
    Who was the Safety on the play? Wilson, Kearse or Kazee

11. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

9,339 Messages
    8,018 Likes Received
    thats with all qb if u dont get pressure they will pick u apart they have to get pressure or its going to be a long year

rocyaice likes this.
  12. rocyaice

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    Well I wondered about him being inactive. Listening to Jerry and Stephen.....they make it sound like he was getting healthy or preparing for this game....I can't see a scenario where Hooker can't suit up but a Darian Thompson could.

13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

20,719 Messages
    28,437 Likes Received
    Brown might have been bad, but Lewis played really well last week. He was all over the field.

SeanLee50 likes this.
  14. rocyaice

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    I think you at least want Brady to run or have to move in the pocket somewhat. They couldn't even do that. Did you see that one play he threw to Fournette? It was incredibly ugly and probably 9 times out of 10 is a incompletion or a interception. I really thought Micah had a shot at picking that off.

cowboyblue22 likes this.
  15. Bullflop

Bullflop Cowboys Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    20,829 Messages
    25,463 Likes Received
    All the talk and rehashing in the world won't change the score. We played an imperfect game and so did the Bucs. For the scores to change in the future, we'll have to find a way to improve. Are the FO and staff willing to do what it takes to change our fate? Therein lies the key -- it's not rocket science! Maybe a couple of personnel adjustments are in order to get squared away. Let's see if this organization is willing to step things up to further improve the defense. We're improving and it shouldn't take too much to get over the top, by the looks of things. Remaining stagnant surely isn't the solution.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Fuzzee likes this.
  16. FiveSuperBowls

FiveSuperBowls Well-Known Member

1,829 Messages
    1,522 Likes Received
    As long as Quinn doesn’t get anything in his eye!

17. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,629 Messages
    1,536 Likes Received

please it wasn't just the long TD pass. They were throwing on him all night - one drive it was 3 completions against him . I guess when you have nobody else to play you just make up excuses

18. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    LOL............trail technique? Is that like, make sure you let the guy get behind you technique? Im sure he wasnt supposed to be 5 yards behind. Brady completed something like 8 out of 9 passes on Brown.

19. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    Brown sucks. LOL

Are you really defending him? Brown got beat all night long. The long TD wasnt the only time he got beat. 8 our of 9 times he got beat for a catch.

quickccc likes this.
  20. CowboyRoy

40,587 Messages
    27,121 Likes Received
    The picked on Brown and Lewis all night and had great success doing it.

quickccc likes this.